HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Am I the only one who thought Kreider didn't seem to enamored at the idea of playing for the Rangers? He seemed dis interested.
I don't think he's even really allowed to say anything right now because he's still in the NCAA. Until he signs with the Rangers, you're not going to hear him say "yeah I'll probably play with the Rangers next season"

Old
02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Graves94

I fully trust Slats when it comes to trades. I'm certain they're contemplating the chemistry issue, but if only one current core player (Dubinsky) is going the other way with picks & prospects (anyone except Kreider), he has to make that trade for Nash. We probably have 2 more years of Gabby, and besides he's not paying a third line player > $4MM to play on the third line (Dubinsky).

Old
02-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Am I the only one who thought Kreider didn't seem to enamored at the idea of playing for the Rangers? He seemed dis interested.
I think he's just not a loud kind of guy. Brian Leetch loved being a Ranger, but he was never going to be outspoken about it.

Sometimes it's hard to read hockey players because you get so used to the non-stop spewing of athletes in other sports, namely football.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Dorado*

Kreider roots for bruins therefore he doesn't want to be a NYR . HFBOARDS LOGIC . he refuses to sign and pulls a TIMMY ERIXON AND FORCES TRADE TO BRUINS ..... Book it ... I read it on twitter ..... Haha just kidding

Old
02-15-2012, 11:59 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I fully trust Slats when it comes to trades. I'm certain they're contemplating the chemistry issue, but if only one current core player (Dubinsky) is going the other way with picks & prospects (anyone except Kreider), he has to make that trade for Nash. We probably have 2 more years of Gabby, and besides he's not paying a third line player > $4MM to play on the third line (Dubinsky).
Dubinsky is NOT a 3rd line player. He's having a down year. The first down year he's had with the Rangers. Nash scores about 10 points more on average than Dubinsky scored last season. Does that make him an 8 million dollar 2nd liner? Players have down years. You don't go and trade them for albatross contracts every time it happens (or were you in the "Gaborik sucks" and "Trade Del Zotto the fluke" camp last season?) On top of that, moving Dubinsky (one of the few players on the team with a demonstrated track record of elevating his game in the playoffs) is counterproductive to the goal of icing the kind of team that will succeed in the playoffs.

Too many people on this board are overly obsessed with "names" and not nearly concerned with what happens on the ice. Nash is overpaid by at least 2 million (he's a one-dimensional offensive player, soft, and gets paid like a top 3 talent when he's only been in the top 20 in scoring once, IIRC--and even then, he BARELY made the top 20--he was 16th or 17th or something like that). He's basically on par with a guy like Vanek. You'd never see trade proposals for Vanek offering up the absurd value that people want to give for Nash. If Nash wasn't a former 1st overall pick, you wouldn't see it for him, either. It's been 10 years since that draft--let's value him based on his on-ice production.

I agree that Slats shouldn't be afraid of disrupting the room if the situation calls for it. If Bobby Ryan is on the table and it would only cost Dubi and futures? You have to make that trade. But Nash?! Too expensive and WAY overrated. People like to talk about how he would have 100 point seasons if only he played with real talent. I have two issues with arguments like that. First--look at some of the guys he's played with. There are some rock solid names there (they aren't all stars, but guys like Zherdev, Vyborny, Umberger, Vermette and a few others are definitely solid top-6 players). Second--the last time we were sold on a player with no history of putting up monster points based on the "but wait till he plays with OUR guys" logic, it didn't work out so well (Gomez).

I'd rather see the team make a push for an aging veteran like Selanne, or kick the tires on a guy like Brooks Laich (no idea if he's available). In other words, they need to find a RENTAL for this year's run that they can acquire for futures ONLY (the 1st round pick, prospects not named Kreider). Preferably one with a track record on the PP (like Selanne) or someone who plays the style of hockey the Rangers already play.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Selanne at the deadline

Old
02-16-2012, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Aaron Portzline must have missed the word "longshot" in the NY Post when referring to the Rangers chances on landing Nash

Quote:
The Blue Jackets are said to want at least one young roster player along with a combination of top prospects and quality draft picks. Using that criteria, the Rangers seem to make the most sense, and the New York Post reported on Tuesday that the two sides have had preliminary discussions.

The Rangers have a player the Blue Jackets have pursued for years in forward Brandon Dubinsky, but they’re also stocked with young defensemen — Michael Del Zotto, Ryan McDonagh and Tim Erixon, among others — and forward Chris Kreider, currently playing at Boston College.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...-for-nash.html

When Rick Nash become an 18 year Eric Lindros?

Brooks did write people will continue to speculate and judging by what the Columbus guy wrote,Larry was right.

Old
02-16-2012, 06:05 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Larry Brooks from Wednesday

Quote:
That does not mean Nash, who owns a no-move clause, is en route to Broadway. That does not mean Rangers general manager Glen Sather will be willing to yield a package of young assets and disrupt the team’s singular chemistry in order to add the scoring help he is seeking going to into the playoffs.

Indeed, a source familiar with the situation told The Post bringing Nash to New York is “a longshot.”

Still, that will not prevent speculation on the players — in addition to Boston College junior winger Chris Kreider, the 19th overall selection in the 2009 Entry Draft who may sign as soon as his season ends and is considered a can’t-miss prospect — who could go the other way.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1mXtwGjCV

This is what Portzline missed in the article he cited in his article today

Old
02-16-2012, 06:38 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Yzerman is ready to sell

Quote:
"The trade deadline is in a week and a half, roughly," he said. "So we don't have the luxury of waiting until the end of the season to see if we are going to make the playoffs or not."

"We're not going to just give our guys away. But if there is an opportunity that makes us a better organization, we're going to consider it."

In whom might teams be interested? The strongest rumors concern defenseman Pavel Kubina, who apparently is drawing interest from several teams, including the Rangers; and center Dominic Moore, who might be of interest to the Penguins, according to reports out of Pittsburgh.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...ll-off/1215674

Imagine Moore on the Penguins. Those games are going to be off the chain. Kevin Weekes uses that phrase.

Old
02-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Yzerman is ready to sell

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...ll-off/1215674

Imagine Moore on the Penguins. Those games are going to be off the chain. Kevin Weekes uses that phrase.
I'd take Kubina

Old
02-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'd take Kubina
me too. He will know the system too. If TB wants a Dman it has to be Bickel and instead of a pick perhaps Zuccarello.....if it is a pick a 3rd ideally

Old
02-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Kubina would slide into our right side D nicely, then the issue becomes who to sit, Eminger or Stralman. Depends on the opponent I guess.

Makes the Sauer absence not hurt as much. Question would be what kind of a pick would we need to cough up for him.

02-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think he's just not a loud kind of guy. Brian Leetch loved being a Ranger, but he was never going to be outspoken about it.

Sometimes it's hard to read hockey players because you get so used to the non-stop spewing of athletes in other sports, namely football.
Agreed. Kreider is a very bright kid. He's always spoken in very concise terms in all of his interviews. People shouldn't try and read between the lines. There are 200+ kids drafted every year. How many of them end up playing for their childhood team? Not many, and they seem to make due.

When JT Miller makes the jump to the AHL and doesn't like the world on fire, I'm sure some folks will be saying it's because he's not in the Penguins organization.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:38 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Kubina would slide into our right side D nicely, then the issue becomes who to sit, Eminger or Stralman. Depends on the opponent I guess.

Makes the Sauer absence not hurt as much. Question would be what kind of a pick would we need to cough up for him.
It's not even a question! Eminger sits no doubt...Stralman has been a revelation and playing like a really solid top-4 dman; Eminger, while he played pretty well before his injury, has looked terrible since returning. He takes the STUPIDEST penalties and always skates with one hand on his stick and the other around the opponent that is outskating him, just asking for another penalty every time...solid guy to have as a number 7, but I do not want him in our top 6...

I def see us bringing back Stralman next season (he's an RFA after this season, correct?)...he's only 25 and has been playing great; what a pick up!

Old
02-16-2012, 07:53 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

It.....is......alive

Old
02-16-2012, 07:54 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
me too. He will know the system too. If TB wants a Dman it has to be Bickel and instead of a pick perhaps Zuccarello.....if it is a pick a 3rd ideally
Not the same system. Richards discussed this system is more defensive minded than when he played in TB for Torts.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Yup, if we acquire Kubina, Eminger sits no doubt.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Not the same system. Richards discussed this system is more defensive minded than when he played in TB for Torts.
Ah I assumed. Well he knows the coach. Agreed eminger sits as stralman has a future w the team. Eminger likely gondie as a UFA since Erixon likely gets his chance full time next yr.

McDonaugh, Girardi
Staal, Kubina
Del Zotto, Stralman
Eminger

Hope Sauer can come back but havent heard anything for a while so doubt it which blows

Last edited by Vitto79: 02-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old
02-16-2012, 08:42 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

not really a debate to me. stralman stays in the lineup, he's earn it with his play

Old
02-16-2012, 09:48 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Eminger likely gondie as a UFA since Erixon likely gets his chance full time next yr.
Not sure why this seems to be a logical conclusion. Erixon has not really shown all that much when he was here. For him to get his chance, he has to actually show that he belongs. He will have his chance, but not sure that it is a foregone conclusion that he will be in the top-6 next year.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

You get to choose are you keeping Stralman or Eminger next year? Assume the same set price of 1.5 mil.

I like Eminger's physicality, but it depends on Sauer. If Mike is cleared by then keep Stralman, let him fight with Erixon for #6. If no Sauer (retirement??) bring back Eminger.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sent: Feb 16, 2012 10:59a

I'm not at the morning skate today, but Yzerman addressing media right now regarding absence of Pavel Kubina at morning skate. Trade???

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/erlendssontrib/st...75399471489024

Old
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Hensch

I really see Kubina comming to NYR...

What you guys think of Brad Boyes, his name seems to be surfacing as well?

Old
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

an impending UFA missing from non-playoff team + Gm conference means there is like a 99 % chance he has been dealt.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Sent: Feb 16, 2012 10:59a

I'm not at the morning skate today, but Yzerman addressing media right now regarding absence of Pavel Kubina at morning skate. Trade???

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/erlendssontrib/st...75399471489024
interesting!

https://twitter.com/lightningtimes/s...73032554442752

Closed Thread