HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Fozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2012/02/j...ben-blood.html

here's his hit on Ben Blood. I know that just about every NHL team has scouted him this year and he's one of the top undrafted FA's. He leads his team in goals and plays a solid physical game, has a thick compact frame and moves well.

I don't use hockeydb for up to date size.
Same size on the UMD website...
http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-men...hp?page=roster

Old
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Protest the Hero

Gotta love Gallagher, needs 1 goal to set a franchise record, gets a hat-trick.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:03 PM
windycity

we need to trade for Ben Blood just for his nasty, cool name

Old
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2012/02/j...ben-blood.html

here's his hit on Ben Blood. I know that just about every NHL team has scouted him this year and he's one of the top undrafted FA's. He leads his team in goals and plays a solid physical game, has a thick compact frame and moves well.

I don't use hockeydb for up to date size.
Nasty and unnecessary. Should've skated a little more til he's beside him and then smoke him shoulder-to-shoulder.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I just noticed Morgan Ellis isn't playing tonight vs Baie Comeau...checked and he will miss the game as his gandmother passed away

Old
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Scotianhab

Dietz with 1 assist, a fighting major and a game misconduct.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:51 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Nasty and unnecessary. Should've skated a little more til he's beside him and then smoke him shoulder-to-shoulder.
it was an intense physical game as the two sides were going at it pretty good. I like Brown's physical game but he's also got some hands. Usually from what i've seen his hits are clean but emotions were likely running high and there were a few questionable hits but it made for an enjoyable game to watch.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:06 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
it was an intense physical game as the two sides were going at it pretty good. I like Brown's physical game but he's also got some hands. Usually from what i've seen his hits are clean but emotions were likely running high and there were a few questionable hits but it made for an enjoyable game to watch.
Jt Brown certainly plays with an edge and has some offence to go with his physicality.He might be a great free agent signing.Ben Blood while finishing his senior year is still property of Ottawa,I like his game and name too.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Jt Brown certainly plays with an edge and has some offence to go with his physicality.He might be a great free agent signing.Ben Blood while finishing his senior year is still property of Ottawa,I like his game and name too.
Blood is a solid stay at home type and has a good physical game. I would say that Brown is easily one of the most touted of the NCAA FA's, there was one game this year where Gord Miller was doing the game for NBC Sports and he said there was over 20 NHL teams scouts/gm's at the game to see Brown, he had a hattrick that game, not a bad way to impress the scouts.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Blood is a solid stay at home type and has a good physical game. I would say that Brown is easily one of the most touted of the NCAA FA's, there was one game this year where Gord Miller was doing the game for NBC Sports and he said there was over 20 NHL teams scouts/gm's at the game to see Brown, he had a hattrick that game, not a bad way to impress the scouts.
JT Brown let's hope he's on Timmins shopping list at the top or very close.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
A total cheap shot. Suspendable hit IMO.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:32 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Dietz with 1 assist, a fighting major and a game misconduct.
I'm quite intrigued by Dietz, although I must admit I know very little about him. Seems like a pretty tough nut to crack though. Any insights on the kind of game he plays would be much appreciated.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
crakced

I've seen Dietz a few times live and I can say that he is listed at 6'1" but seems a bit bigger to me. He skates well, and his offensive game suprises me at times, as he can pull out a moves now and then and rush the puck quite well. Defensively he is OK, though I have seen a few brain cramps now and then, and maybe a bad pinch or two, but nothing too concerning.

I have never seen him fight, but the Saskatoon Blades color guy says that he hardly ever loses a fight and enjoys watching him fight. Next year he will get a chance to play in the memorial cup with the Blades, so that should be good experience for him.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced View Post
I've seen Dietz a few times live and I can say that he is listed at 6'1" but seems a bit bigger to me. He skates well, and his offensive game suprises me at times, as he can pull out a moves now and then and rush the puck quite well. Defensively he is OK, though I have seen a few brain cramps now and then, and maybe a bad pinch or two, but nothing too concerning.

I have never seen him fight, but the Saskatoon Blades color guy says that he hardly ever loses a fight and enjoys watching him fight. Next year he will get a chance to play in the memorial cup with the Blades, so that should be good experience for him.
Do you think the "problem" is maturity/experience or hockey sense/IQ ?

Old
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
FisherKing

Quote:

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
crakced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Do you think the "problem" is maturity/experience or hockey sense/IQ ?
I wouldn't call it a problem, more or less a part of his game that maybe could be improved. Remember he is only 18/19 years old, so learning to play defense is part of the process of becoming a pro.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
ccgg

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a problem, more or less a part of his game that maybe could be improved. Remember he is only 18/19 years old, so learning to play defense is part of the process of becoming a pro.
Thanks ! It's always nice to have some reports.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Thanks again for the report. Deitz has kind of been my "dark horse" favorite since he was drafted. Hope he continues to develop and maybe make the big show some day.

Old
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Magnus Nygren with a goal today, howitzer from the blueline.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 02-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old
02-16-2012, 03:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Magnus Nygren with a goal today, howitzer from the blueline.
I see that he still leads all D in scoring for Farjestads by a good bit, was wondering though why he was sent down to Allsvenskan for 3 games last week.

Old
02-16-2012, 04:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

^^^ good question. I had no idea. I also want to know if his defence improved. It was a glaring weakness of his.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/...htcard/reg2012

Seems like a pretty good fighter indeed from the videos.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
BigHab*

The Rights to Nicolas Torp

I was wondering if the Habs still own the rights to Nicolas Torp. Does anyone have any information of where he is playing and perhaps why he never came over to play in North America? If the Habs still have the rights to him, would there any possibility that we might see him in North America any time soon or perhaps ever? Thanks.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:08 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

We released them a few years ago.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:13 AM
windycity

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=105414

Closed Thread