HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Darche doesn't want to be traded; wants to re-sign with Habs

Old
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
tdecheno

vCash: 500
LMAOOOOOO as if anyone wants him anyway hahahahahahaha......29 other teams he is in the AHL lol....good for him for having a french name. Wny the FFFFFFF is he playing 20 mins a game????? For F sakes!!

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Surprised Darche wasn't used in the shootouts.
Good thing we won that game..

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:34 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Still here; he had a good game though.
dude, wake-up and smell the french vanilla.. Darche has been playing some solid hockey for a good stretch now

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
dude, wake-up and smell the french vanilla.. Darche has been playing some solid hockey for a good stretch now
Because he does whats asked of him. Guy goes in front of the net, blocks shot and all that. He's a filler and he knows it, so he shuts up and acts like a professional. Does whatever the coach wants.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Darche has now been very usefull for a 10 game stretch. But don't forget the other 48 games of uselessness he provided the habs. Hoping he could keep this stretch going, but honestly I don't think it makes up for his season as a whole.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Darche has now been very usefull for a 10 game stretch. But don't forget the other 48 games of uselessness he provided the habs. Hoping he could keep this stretch going, but honestly I don't think it makes up for his season as a whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
And he steals a roster spot for a much tougher 4th liner. That's my main reason.

Anyway, Darche just start to play good hockey. Where was he in october ? november ? december ? january ?
Right there with the rest of this poorly managed, badly coached, underachieving team

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:36 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

We should move Darche now that he's playing well. If we absolutely have to re-sign him, make it clear to him that he is the 13th forward. He is not to be in the starting lineup come October in the first game of the season.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
We should move Darche now that he's playing well. If we absolutely have to re-sign him, make it clear to him that he is the 13th forward. He is not to be in the starting lineup come October in the first game of the season.
I don't see why Darche should ahve to be a 13th forward. He is an excellent fit as a 4th line winger and occasionally 3rd line. He takes PK time from a Gionta or Cole freeing them up for 5 on 5 ice time. If you load up on goons then your best players need to play more in defensive/PK situations and it takes away from their effectiveness.I'm all for adding a tough guy to go along with a White/Moen/tough stay at home d-man...but I don't want to go overboard and have a disfunctional 4th line like when Laraque and Bergeron were here.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Huh?

The Habs have been the top PK team all year plus Darche has been very solid defensively, that didn't just start lately...but people only appreciate him when he scores for some reason...but it isn't the strength of his game...sort of like judging PK's play based on how many big hits he has on a given night, those are a bonus but not his bread and butter.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:16 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Not a fan of his but he's been playing awesome lately, I still don't like seeing him on Plekanec's line though.. I think he'd actually look good with Eller and Kostitsyn though.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:21 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see why Darche should ahve to be a 13th forward. He is an excellent fit as a 4th line winger and occasionally 3rd line. He takes PK time from a Gionta or Cole freeing them up for 5 on 5 ice time. If you load up on goons then your best players need to play more in defensive/PK situations and it takes away from their effectiveness.I'm all for adding a tough guy to go along with a White/Moen/tough stay at home d-man...but I don't want to go overboard and have a disfunctional 4th line like when Laraque and Bergeron were here.
He's not a winner. Has never won at any level. The only reason he got in the NHL in the first place is Tampa really wanted Stamkos. There's guys who are tough who can play Darches role. Not everyone who is tough is a goon.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
He's not a winner. Has never won at any level. The only reason he got in the NHL in the first place is Tampa really wanted Stamkos. There's guys who are tough who can play Darches role. Not everyone who is tough is a goon.
Yeah, I guess that Calder Cup championship is just a ghost.

I guess you wouldn't have wanted Ray Bourque either since (until his last year), he never won a championship anywhere.

Some of the things used as arguments on this forum are golden.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:51 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yeah, I guess that Calder Cup championship is just a ghost.

I guess you wouldn't have wanted Ray Bourque either since (until his last year), he never won a championship anywhere.

Some of the things used as arguments on this forum are golden.
Yeah, people comparing Darche to Ray Bourque. Golden.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:54 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I'm obviously not, but way to strive away from your point.

I guess that point only applies to players you hate.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Huh?

The Habs have been the top PK team all year plus Darche has been very solid defensively, that didn't just start lately...but people only appreciate him when he scores for some reason...but it isn't the strength of his game...sort of like judging PK's play based on how many big hits he has on a given night, those are a bonus but not his bread and butter.
He was only recently put on the top PK unit... He doesn't backcheck very well because of his slow foot speed, but he is a warrior and can block shots. As I said, he has been playing some tremendous hockey lately, but so has kostitsyn at some points this season.

Darche was a passenger for a better part of the season, and I don't think a 10 game stretch makes up for it. If he plays like this for the rest of the season, then I'd be willing to have him on the 4th line next season.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
The point is, plenty of players won the cup undeservingly, and plenty of others who deserve it, haven't.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:37 AM
thegreaterikku

WTF! Why the hate on Darche? Everyone on this board would love to have his story. The guy played hard all his life for a spot he loves and seize his opportunity when it came. Sure, he might not be a top6 player but I don't mind having him on the 3rd or 4th line.

He obviously has the Habs in his heart, works very hard and every shift and doesn't take bad penalties.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:50 AM
HeShootsHeScores

I'm not the franco-power type of habs fan, but I think the habs need at least a Darche, like it needed a Begin. Its all about heart here.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Young Gun

doesn't matter he wants to stay, trade him or let him walk, get a good grinder thats not afraid to mix it up. we have tooooo many soft players as it is

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
That pic told me something
thats my art talent

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post30474959

I wouldnt mind Darche back with the habs next season

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Maybe those tough guys make 2-2.5 mil per year, pretty expensive for a 4th liner.

Old
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

He's making a case to get another contract.

I understand where he's coming from. I mean the guy played in 10 different cities in 10 years, or some ****. Some sense of safety is great. He worked hard, fought hard and as long as he scores an occasional goal and throws hits while doing well on the pk, he's fine.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreaterikku View Post
WTF! Why the hate on Darche? Everyone on this board would love to have his story. The guy played hard all his life for a spot he loves and seize his opportunity when it came. Sure, he might not be a top6 player but I don't mind having him on the 3rd or 4th line.

He obviously has the Habs in his heart, works very hard and every shift and doesn't take bad penalties.
and that's the thing, pretty much everyone would be ok with him if he were playing on the bottom 6... problem is, he's playing on our top 6.

and I dont think anyone his hating him personnaly... it's the whole situation...

I mean, there was people here asking for our previous HC head for this simple fact... and here we are, months later, with Darche used on the top 6 more than ever...

it's like every Habs coach is obsessed with him or something...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and that's the thing, pretty much everyone would be ok with him if he were playing on the bottom 6... problem is, he's playing on our top 6.

and I dont think anyone his hating him personnaly... it's the whole situation...

I mean, there was people here asking for our previous HC head for this simple fact... and here we are, months later, with Darche used on the top 6 more than ever...

it's like every Habs coach is obsessed with him or something...
The guy is doing the job. Period.

Every coach in this league love guys like him. Honest, cheap, hard working, reliable.

If he is playing on the top six - like it or not - it is because other guys , more paid, and more talented, are NOT doing their job.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:13 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
The guy is doing the job. Period.

Every coach in this league love guys like him. Honest, cheap, hard working, reliable.
sounds like Tom Pyatt last season to me...

and while you're not wrong, lest not forget him doing the job = less that 10 g/20 pts a year...

and this, is NOT deserving of 1st or 2nd line icetime...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote