HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators part IV - Calder Cup Champions

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 06:59 AM
IceCapsFanNL

vCash: 500
Caps fan coming in peace.

I have tickets for Saturday's game at MileOne. Who are the best Sens players I should be looking for? I am looking forward to seeing the game. I'll be happy to give my impressions of the team after the weekend. Good luck to both versions of the Sens.

The wife is distantly related to Colin Greening and follows his progress all the time.
I am the rare Leafs fan who also cheers for the Sens, They are tied with the Jets as My #2 team, Please hold the jeers!!

Old
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post

I have tickets for Saturday's game at MileOne. Who are the best Sens players I should be looking for? I am looking forward to seeing the game. I'll be happy to give my impressions of the team after the weekend. Good luck to both versions of the Sens.

The wife is distantly related to Colin Greening and follows his progress all the time.
I am the rare Leafs fan who also cheers for the Sens, They are tied with the Jets as My #2 team, Please hold the jeers!!
no offence, but you are a leafs fan (and a hockey fan)and cheer for the sens and you don't know who the best players on the team are? it's confusing.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Traveling today......

PSBJoyOnTheSens
Joy Lindsay

#BSens skated earlier than scheduled this morning, currently getting ready to bus to Ottawa, then fly to St. John's, Newfoundland.

Via Joy.....

Old
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
no offence, but you are a leafs fan (and a hockey fan)and cheer for the sens and you don't know who the best players on the team are? it's confusing.
Don't follow Binghamton much, just looking for a heads up.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:58 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
PSBJoyOnTheSens
Joy Lindsay

#BSens skated earlier than scheduled this morning, currently getting ready to bus to Ottawa, then fly to St. John's, Newfoundland.

Via Joy.....
Hope the flight gets in, we're looking at some dirty weather overnight.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Check for those guys please :

27 Mike Hoffman
20 Andre Petersson
24 Stephane Da Costa
5 Mark Borowiecki
21 Derek Grant
17 Patrick Wiercioch
40 Robin Lehner (Goalie)
15 Nikita Filatov

Old
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Andre Petersson is exciting to watch. He is so small it's unclear if he'll be able to dominate in the NHL like he has other leagues, but before the last two games of nothing he had put up 15pts in 8 games.

I always enjoy watching Hoffman play as well.

Lehner in net is a clear future NHLer, and maybe elite type all star.

Bingo has AHL legend Corey Locke, he is fun to watch most nights as well.

Da Costa is looking like a Locke AHLer for life as well.

Petersson and Lehner would be who I focused on most in terms of who might be an impact OTT player one day.

Enjoy the game!

Old
02-09-2012, 10:25 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:

IceCapsFanNL:

I have a few things I have to do right now.

I will get you a good report later today, about the Binghamton Sens.

I hope St. John's takes it easy on the Sens this weekend as they are in 1st place in the conference, & Binghamton is far below that right now........

Old
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Hope the flight gets in, we're looking at some dirty weather overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
IceCapsFanNL:

I have a few things I have to do right now.

I will get you a good report later today, about the Binghamton Sens.

I hope St. John's takes it easy on the Sens this weekend as they are in 1st place in the conference, & Binghamton is far below that right now........
When did St John's get an AHL team? Must be their first yr? Luv Newfoundland, great place, great scenery, very friendly people & a great place to visit if you like the out doors & roughing it. Gros Morne National Park is gorgeous & a huge park, one of the best places I have ever visited. Pretty damn cold in winter though, visit in the summer when it's slightly warmer.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Thanks gents,

I'll be watching these players for sure, as for the Caps, at the last count we have six forwards either in Winnipeg or injured, (we had a rough couple of games against Worcester last weekend).

To make it worse the flu bug has apparently hit Winnipeg. We might lose more players before Saturday.

I am sure the Sens will play well when they come here, pretty much everyone else does!!

Old
02-09-2012, 11:16 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
When did St John's get an AHL team? Must be their first yr? Luv Newfoundland, great place, great scenery, very friendly people & a great place to visit if you like the out doors & roughing it. Gros Morne National Park is gorgeous & a huge park, one of the best places I have ever visited. Pretty damn cold in winter though, visit in the summer when it's slightly warmer.
When Winnipeg bought the Thrashers last spring, they wanted to move the Manitoba Moose to a new home. TSNE moved the Moose to St. John's.

This whole thing has been a success. Similar to what happened in Winnipeg, the seasons ticket drive was a huge success. About 5000 seasons tickets were sold, in a stadium that holds 6300. About half of the seasons tickets were sold for three years. Every home game has been sold out. Corporate sponsorship has been very good.

50/50 draws have been netting the winner from 13 K to 16 K a night. Jerseys have been selling like hotcakes, and they can't keep beer in the place.

The team has been pretty good although much better on the road

13-10-3-0 at home
17-2-2-1 on the road

We are very happy to have another team in the AHL and hope we are here for a long time.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Hey sorry about that, i thought you were talking about an ottawa game. obviously wasn't paying attention. my apologies. mr. petersson should impress you.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:

IceCapsFanNL:

Here you go help this helps + please take it easy on Binghamton.

Head coach:
Kurt Kleinendorst

Assistant coach:
Steve Stirling

BSens lines:

Klinkhammer-Locke-Downing,

Hoffman-Da Costa-Petersson,

Dziurzynski-Cannone-Bartlett,

Grant-Hamilton-Lessard.

BSens D:

Henningson-Gryba,

Wiercioch-Borowiecki,

Raymond-Schira, Godfrey.

Goal:

McKenna

Lehner..................

Forwards:
Rob Klinkhammer a pick up by Ottawa for Binghamton PPG since he has been here.

Corey Lock PPG player skilled playmaker a joy to watch when he is on.

Jack Downing newcomer up from Elmira (ECHL) 3 goals last 3 games.

Mike Hoffman 2nd yr pro he has strugled at times this yr as the whole team has. Very skilled player who can drive me crazy @ times..

Stephane Da Costa down from Ottawa PPG down here. Skilled player needs to work on some things in Binghamton.

Andre Petersson 1st yr pro kid has been hot skilled player that can shoot the puck. Smaller player 5' 9" 172 can play a bit bigger than that...

"DD" David Dziurzynski 2nd yr pro. OK I am biased as I like "DD" kid is getting better this yr. KK says he is most improved this season on the team! DD has polished his game the past 6 weeks he is putting it together now. I want a full report on DD...... I call him my dark horse project........

Pat Cannone 1st yr pro 25 now college player. At times he plays OK other times I shake my head......

Mike Bartlett 27 journeyman up from ECHL works on the ice not much of a scorer..

Derek Grant 1st yr pro out of college. Had a few games last yr & some playoff games. Has strugled this season with injury, needs more time to develop..

Wacey Hamilton 21 1st yr pro free agent signed to ELC by Ottawa. Has struggled this season needs a lot more time to see if he develops..

Francis Lessard the enforcer does his job of protecting the prospects well. Can skate some & has an OK shot. The enforcer....

D:men:

Dan Henningson up from the ECHL only a few games in Binghamton. So no real data on him yet...

Eric Gryba 2nd yr pro Ottawa draft pick out of college. More stay at home D-man. Can look good then later not that good on the ice. Needs a bit more time to develop....

Patrick Wiercioch 2nd yr pro Ottawa draft pick. Patrick Wiercioch suffered a severe throat injury this season needs a lot more time to develop in my opinion..

Mark Borowiecki 1st yr pro who had 21 games in playoffs last season in Binghamton. Ottawa draft pick Ottawa brass likes him as do I. At times he tries to do too much + he has logged a ton of ice time this yr in Binghamton. He could be getting close to move up perhaps mid season next yr. Still needs to develop a bit more...

Bob Raymond 7th D-man in the AHL. Had 10 games in playoffs for Binghamton last season. Tends to give the puck away...

Craig Schira free agent signed to ELC by Ottawa 3rd yr pro now. Has regressed this season as some have this yr..

Josh Godfrey no comment extra player mostly...

Goal:

Mike McKenna signed by Ottawa this yr, has played more of the games so far. Not by plan but things can happen...... He competes. + seems like a good person.

Robin Lehner 2nd round Ottawa draft pick, 2nd yr pro. Robin Lehner 20 has struggled a bit this season due to injuries. Robin is penciled in be #1 in Ottawa when he is ready... Big man 6' 3" 225. Last yr he had a Hell of a Calder Cup run to lead Binghamton to the Cup.

IceCapsFanNL enjoy AHL hockey again in St. John's. I expect a full report on Saturdays game..........

For Binghamton to be competive in games it has to be 110% team (every player) effort. Some nites they get it some games they don't.......

Old
02-09-2012, 03:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
When Winnipeg bought the Thrashers last spring, they wanted to move the Manitoba Moose to a new home. TSNE moved the Moose to St. John's.

This whole thing has been a success. Similar to what happened in Winnipeg, the seasons ticket drive was a huge success. About 5000 seasons tickets were sold, in a stadium that holds 6300. About half of the seasons tickets were sold for three years. Every home game has been sold out. Corporate sponsorship has been very good.

50/50 draws have been netting the winner from 13 K to 16 K a night. Jerseys have been selling like hotcakes, and they can't keep beer in the place.

The team has been pretty good although much better on the road

13-10-3-0 at home
17-2-2-1 on the road

We are very happy to have another team in the AHL and hope we are here for a long time.
Lor thunderin, that's great news & it doesn't surprise me about the beer running out .

Enjoy the hockey buddy! Great write up Zeke.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:19 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Zeke,

Thanks a bunch. If the BSens work as hard as you do, they'll get 4 points this weekend.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Marble

Wow, good writeup Zeke. Thanks for the summary.

Old
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Lerner in net for BSens

Old
02-12-2012, 07:05 AM
tominator444

Does Bingo usually run 5 forwards on the pp? I noticed them do this a number of times at the game last night.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:04 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator444 View Post
Does Bingo usually run 5 forwards on the pp? I noticed them do this a number of times at the game last night.
Yes,

Usually it's Locke, Klinkhammer, Petersson up top with Hoffman and DaCosta on point.

This is why we need a puck-moving offensive defenseman. We have no one like Benoit or D.Smith to man the PP.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:02 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Saw Saturdays game.

Hoffman stood out for me. He has some really good wheels. He was able to get past our defense a couple of times, which doesn't happen alot.

Lehner was also impressive in a strange kind of way. He faced almost 50 shots and made all but four. But he did so in a business like manner. I suppose I am trying to say he was unflappable out there, and seems to me a very solid kid with a good future. Big too.

As a whole the team was outplayed all game long, they lost way too many battles in both ends. The Caps were able to clear the zone easily, were too effective on the forecheck(from a BSens fans perspective) and our guys had too easy of a time getting past your D.

On the bright side, they took advantage of every bounce that went their way in the first two periods, and had a shot at the win or at least a tie. They played a plucky game on Saturday.

It was a good, entertaining game.

Anyone in the Binghamton area should get out and see the Caps when they visit the BSens twice in the next few weeks. There are some good prospects to watch, and it is good hockey.

Thanks for all the help scouting your team, and I'll gladly return the favor.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Josh Godfrey & Wacey Hamilton to Elmira.......

02/14/2012
Josh Godfrey (D)
Binghamton DEL
Returned on loan to
Elmira (ECHL)

02/14/2012
Wacey Hamilton (RW)
Binghamton DEL
Reassigned by Ottawa (NHL)
to Elmira (ECHL)

AHL website.....

Old
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Yes,

Usually it's Locke, Klinkhammer, Petersson up top with Hoffman and DaCosta on point.

This is why we need a puck-moving offensive defenseman. We have no one like Benoit or D.Smith to man the PP.
To me that seems to be the biggest difference between last yr's team & this yr's team is on defence. Bingo seems to really miss Benoit, D. Smith & Kinrade IMO. They seem to have enough offence but it's their defence that isn't up for the job & Wiercioch's injury didn't help. I also think that Lehner being injured & not playing as well seems to have hurt the team, McKenna has been alright but it was Brust last yr who played well during the regular season & Lehner who stole the show during the playoff run.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Josh Godfrey, & Wacey Hamilton back to Binghamton....

02/15/2012
Josh Godfrey (D)
Binghamton ADD
Recalled from loan to
Elmira (ECHL)

02/15/2012
Wacey Hamilton (RW)
Binghamton ADD Reassigned by Ottawa (NHL)
from Elmira (ECHL)

AHL website.....

Old
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
mianjo

Godfrey and Hamilton went down to play for Elmira last night. Elmira won 3-2 in OT. Godfrey scored 1g with Hamilton assisting on it.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Practice today....

Joy Lindsay
@PSBJoyOnTheSens

#BSens practice lines:

Dziurzynski-Locke-Parrish,

Klinkhammer-Da Costa-Downing,

Hoffman-Cannone-Petersson,