HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rockford Ice Hogs and Other Prospects 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Rockford Ice Hogs and Other Prospects 2011-2012

Thread Was Over 1000 Poasts

Part I

Rockford Ice Hogs

Kyle Beach
Terry Broadhurst*
Phillip Danault
Chris DiDomenico
Rob Flick
Matt Fornataro*
Byron Froese
Peter Leblanc*
Mark McNeill
Jeremy Morin
Rostislav Olesz
Philippe Paradis
Brandon Pirri
Ben Smith (IR)
Brandon Svendsen*
Paul Zanette*

Wade Brookbank*
Brian Fahey*
Connor Goggin*
Shawn Lalonde
Joe Lavin
Ryan Stanton
Ben Youds*

Carter Hutton
Alexander Salak

*Not under contract with the Blackhawks

Other prospects

Alexander Broadhurst (Green Bay USHL)
Daniel Delisle (Jr., UMD WCHA)
David Gilbert (Toledo ECHL)
Joe Gleason (Jr., UND WCHA)
Kevin Hayes (Sph., Boston College HEA)
Mirko Hoefflin (Acadie-Bathurst QMJHL)
Igor Makarov (SKA KHL)
Joakim Nordstrom (AIK SEL)
Ludvig Rensfeldt (Sarnia OHL)
Brandon Saad (Saginaw OHL)
Maxim Shalunov (Chelyabinsk MHL)
David Toews (Toledo ECHL)

Braden Birch (Jr., Cornell ECAC)
Jonathan Carlsson (Brynas SEL)
Adam Clendening (Boston University HEA)
Klas Dahlbeck (Linkoping SEL)
Simon Danis-Pepin (Toledo ECHL)
Justin Holl (Sph., Minnesota WCHA)
Sam Jardine (Camrose AJHL)
Stephen Johns (Sph., Notre Dame CCHA)
Nick Mattson (Fr., UND WCHA)
Paul Phillips (Jr., Denver WCHA)
Mike Paliotta (Fr., Vermont, HEA)
Ivan Vishnevskiy (Atlant KHL)

Mac Carruth (Portland WHL)
Johan Mattsson (Sudbury OHL)
Alec Richards (Toledo ECHL)
Kent Simpson (Everett WHL)

2013 Draft:
1st round
4th round
4th round (from SJS - draft day 2012 trade)
5th round
6th round
7th round
7th round (from OTT - Klinkhammer trade)

Last edited by Teemu: 06-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old
02-13-2012, 02:52 AM
willch878

vCash: 500
What's the deal with Salak??

If we don't land ourselves an upgrade on Craw/Emery, does this guy have any chance of fixing our goaltending quagmire this season?

Old
02-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he has if he keeps up his season

Old
02-13-2012, 09:11 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by willch878 View Post
What's the deal with Salak??

If we don't land ourselves an upgrade on Craw/Emery, does this guy have any chance of fixing our goaltending quagmire this season?
He has a long and impressive resume in a number of leagues. He should absolutely outperform what we have seen so far. The question is how much. I see him developing into a .920 SV% goalie fairly soon. We won't know until he gets into the net.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:15 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He has a long and impressive resume in a number of leagues. He should absolutely outperform what we have seen so far. The question is how much. I see him developing into a .920 SV% goalie fairly soon. We won't know until he gets into the net.
Unless he does so by the end of the season, you owe someone $1000.

Old
02-13-2012, 05:12 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

I want to see a Salak bobblehead.

Old
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
RomersWorld*

I figured I'd repost since the thread got locked right after..

I watched quite a few college hockey games this week so I decided to write some notes

Boston College vs. Northeastern

Kevin Hayes- Love this kid's size. He seems to go to the net quite a bit. Also seemed like he won every faceoff. I saw at least 7 that he won cleanly and didn't see any he lost cleanly. His line mate Kreider kept committing penalties so he didn't get a lot of ice time, but it didn't seem like he was going to much anyway. Not sure why. I liked his vision... he made a couple nice passes but none got burried.

Got a lot more playing time in the 3rd period but the game was pretty much over. He looked good on the powerplay... got in front of the net but didn't score. Finished with 5 SOG, 12 and 4 on faceoffs, and a few nice hits.

Boston College vs. Vermont

Kevin Hayes- Kreider again being a ****ing moron. Commits a boarding penalty and serves his 2 minutes. As soon as he gets back on the ice he commits a hooking call lmao. 1st period and Kayes can't get on the ice because this idiot is on his line. 2nd period, 5 on 3 powerplay. Hayes stands right in front of the goalie, provides a great screen and Kreider fires it in. Should get an assist on it as well. This is what we need in Chi-town. Hayes made that goal happen because of his willingness to go in front of the net with his big body. Hopefully he can become a really effective player in that spot with tipped shots as well.

Now on 5 on 4 powerplay, Hayes with a little tip pass to #11 who passes to Kreider and he scores the goal. 3-0 BC. Should be Hayes 2nd assist of the game with 8 min still left in 2nd period. Kreider will get a ton of praise I'm sure, but he'd probably not have any goals w/out Hayes.
Hayes gets a breakaway but the puck keeps bouncing so doesn't get a good shot on it. Hayes with 2 more nice passes that get shots on goal, but don't go in. HAYES with a long flip pass that helps give BC a breakaway and GOAL. Another assist. He really made the goal on that one. Hayes also seems pretty defensively responsible. Hasn't made any mistakes in the 2 games I've watched and has made a few nice takeaways and play in the Dzone.

Kreider with the hat trick! Hayes doing some work behind the net, passes to Alt and he gives it to Kreider in the slot for the goal. Hayes gets his 4th assist on the night. Kreider is going to be a good one for the Rangers if he cuts back on the dumb penalties. He has a great shot and gets in the right spots. Obviously has a ton of hype already from the WJCs.
edit- wtf... I am typing this while I watch. The goal that Kreider scored that Hayes screened on... has now been awarded to Hayes. He tipped it on the way past. So that makes 1 goal, 3 assists for Hayes. What a game for him. No hatty for Kreider though. Turns out they only awarded 1 goal, 2 assists, +2 for Hayes. Didn't get an assist on the 3rd goal even though he clearly got one. Meh.

Michael Paliotta-DNP. Hasn't played in like the last 5 games. I always check the box scores and I haven't seen him and couldn't find anything on the site or google. So if anyone knows...?

Sebastion Stalberg- One of Vermont's best players. Obviously is Viktor's brother. He leads their team in points but didn't really have a great game.

Boston University vs. Harvard

Adam Clendening- I know he had a bad WJC, but I really like this kid. He plays with some grittyness despite his size. I like that he seems to always get the puck on net, even if he has to lessen the power on the shot. He likes to send wristers on the powerplay instead of big slap shots. He had a few good 1st passes as well. Didn't have any big defensive mistakes that I saw. He had a great game during last BU game I watched and this one he played just good. 4 shots and 1 blocked shot.

Minnesota vs Denver

Justin Holl- I've seen about 3 Minnesota games this year and what surprises me about Holl is his defensive game. I originally thought that he was a PMD who needed work defensively. However, he gets more PK time than PP time. He has a solid, right handed shot. Has some good size as well. Got beat pretty bad on a Denver goal. Got caught flat footed. Also a high sticking penalty with about 3 minutes left while up by 1 goal. Awful play there. Denver ended up tying it with 18 seconds left on the PP. Pretty unimpressive game for sure, but he has played better the other times I've seen him. 4 shots, 2 PIMs(basically lost them the game)

Paul Phillips- He had a nice breakout pass that lead to a goal. He banked it off the boards, the next guy gave the pass that beat Justin Holl for the breakaway. Is actually pretty tiny but has some nice speed. He was able to get the puck over center ice himself because his speed. Also despite his size, made some good plays defensively. Very controlled and usually makes the right decision with the puck. He had a secondary assist on one of the goals. 1 assist, 1 shot, +1.

Old
02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
RomersWorld*

Also FYI... Beanpot tournament championship tonight at 6:30 Central.

Boston College vs. Boston University

Kevin Hayes, Chris Kreider, Bill Arnold, John Gaudreau vs. Adam Clendening, Matthew Nieto, Alex Chiasson, Max Nicastro

Quite a few NHL prospects. BC has at least 7 or 8. Wish Coyle and Trivino were still on BU but oh well. Will still be a really exciting game.

Will be on NESN(628 on Directv) or their will probably be some streams.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Adam Clendening had a beauty tap-in set-up on the PP for BU. Didn't get to see the game, but saw the highlights.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarava

Thanks for the writeup RomersWorld. Good stuff.

Looking at Saad's numbers - he now is 1 point short of his total from last year in basically half the games.

2010-11 59 GP - 27G/28A/55P +8
2011-12 30 GP - 21G/33A/54P +23

2 things come to mind. I wish I could see some of these games on tv. And the second thought is that Stan better not trade him while trying to dig out of this hole.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I like his +/- if you compare him to his teammates

Old
02-15-2012, 08:49 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Saad is a beast. I've seen 15 or so Saginaw games this year (1 live) and I've been impressed in all but 1 game. He does so many things well, has so many tools you look for. He's going to be good.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Saad is a beast. I've seen 15 or so Saginaw games this year (1 live) and I've been impressed in all but 1 game. He does so many things well, has so many tools you look for. He's going to be good.
Glad there's someone in here who gets to see him play on an at least semi-regular basis, let alone someone who knows what they're looking at/looking for. Definitely keep us posted in here. Looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:15 AM
coldsteelonice84

Salak stops 12 of 13 in a 1-0 loss to Peoria.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

The other guy stopped, what, 42? If that happened up here, Salak would get **** on.. no matter how much the goal was or wasn't his fault.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
The other guy stopped, what, 42? If that happened up here, Salak would get **** on.. no matter how much the goal was or wasn't his fault.
Don't know what the hell you are talking about and neither do you. 2 guys (Allen and Bishop) combined for their 42 saves.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Don't know what the hell you are talking about and neither do you. 2 guys (Allen and Bishop) combined for their 42 saves.
So, what you're saying is that.. Salak was first badly outplayed by Bishop and then
outplayed by a cold Jake Allen coming off the bench? Even better.

Salak let in 1 goal on 13 shots, Rockford badly outplayed Peoria.. if Salak were up in the NHL and the Hawks had a game like that, Salak would be unmercifully **** on just like Crawford and Emery. No matter how much at fault he was or wasn't.

Are we clear now?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
So, what you're saying is that.. Salak was first badly outplayed by Bishop and then
outplayed by a cold Jake Allen coming off the bench? Even better.

Salak let in 1 goal on 13 shots, Rockford badly outplayed Peoria.. if Salak were up in the NHL and the Hawks had a game like that, Salak would be unmercifully **** on just like Crawford and Emery. No matter how much at fault he was or wasn't.

Are we clear now?
I got to bed praying for a 60 min. 1 goal allowed game from Crawford/Emery.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I got to bed praying for a 60 min. 1 goal allowed game from Crawford/Emery.
Really? That's sweet of you. Somone should let Emery know you're actually praying for him to do well.. by most of your posts, I would have thought you'd be praying to the other guy regarding Emery.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

So what NHL player would you guys compare Saad to? He is a big guy, but has good hands. Maybe a lesser Perry? I don't know if he plays with that mean streak though.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
So what NHL player would you guys compare Saad to? He is a big guy, but has good hands. Maybe a lesser Perry? I don't know if he plays with that mean streak though.
He reminds me a lot of Nathan Horton.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Sevanston

Clendening and Johns ranked #7 and #8 respectively in HF's latest post on best NCAA defensemen

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...aa_defensemen/

Old
02-17-2012, 07:39 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Morin scored for rockford, they trail 3-1 to the marlies.

First goal since Jan. 16

Old
02-17-2012, 07:42 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Clendening and Johns ranked #7 and #8 respectively in HF's latest post on best NCAA defensemen

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...aa_defensemen/
what I saw: best NCAA defensemen

what I wanted to see: best prospect defensemen

Old
02-17-2012, 08:30 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Morin with 2nd of the night 3-3

Closed Thread