HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nash On The Block Part III: ALL NASH TALK & PROPOSALS HERE!

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I actually feel Mike Richards had more trade value than Rick Nash.
I was thinking the same thing, I feel now that if he is traded prior to the deadline, it will be for likely a 1st rounder to help rebuild, an NHL ready player still with potential filling a need of Columbus (defence/goalie), a salary dump to help even the salary but is still producing a little (any position) and another prospect (but not a top prospect). From a leafs fan point of view, I think this is what would be offered:

Schenn
Connolly/Lombardi
1st rounder
Prospect that isn't yet NHL ready

Note: I would be more than willing to swap Gardiner in for Schenn, but then I think the pick would be lowered to a second or the prospect is removed/lowered to one not projected to be good at all. I would probably be willing to offer more in the offseason, but its harder at this point in the season to add such a high profile player as it shakes up your roster a fair bit.

(Carter got about this value minus the additional prospect so I feel this is offering more, atleast in my opinion, people will probably say I overvalue leaf players/undervalue Nash)
-----
Edit: Forgot to take the placement of the 1st round pick in the Carter trade into consideration, but I will stand by what I said still.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:49 AM
NYR1967

vCash: 500
Delete

Old
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Since all the real insiders are making up crap... Sources tell me that if Pitt wants Nash it's going to cost Malkin, Crosby and a 1st. That concussion has really hurt Sid's value.

Edit: if you're going to use statistics at least use them right. You can't just arbitrarily drop a number for comparison because it suits you.

Maybe they should pay him 7.8M/year because in 57 games in his worst season yet he has almost completely matched the goal output of three other guys who have played over 100 more games, not to mention this isn't taking into account the production of the guys that replace those lost in the trade.
Ok, and who would those guys be? Wolski? Bourque? Zuccarello? The Rangers don't HAVE anyone to replace those guys.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Crisp Breakout

Well that's the icing on the cake.... Mike Richards is not more valuable than Rick Nash. And with thay ridiculousness, I'm away until the trade happens.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Just to clarify for everyone...

'Insiders' are giving their prices. Insiders don't know for certain one single team that has been named by Nash. No one knows what Howson and Columbus have asked for in exchange for Nash.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Well that's the icing on the cake.... Mike Richards is not more valuable than Rick Nash. And with thay ridiculousness, I'm away until the trade happens.
When talking just talent, no he probably isn't. But this isn't NHL '12, it's the real world where cap hits, contract length, past performance, assets going the other way, trade circumstances and team chemistry matter. All of that considered, I fail to see how it's not at least arguable that Richards was worth more when he was dealt to the Kings.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
As a kings fan I would way rather have Richards. At the time our biggest need was a center, and I would rather have that need met than the need for a winger.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
When talking just talent, no he probably isn't. But this isn't NHL '12, it's the real world where cap hits, contract length, past performance, assets going the other way, trade circumstances and team chemistry matter. All of that considered, I fail to see how it's not at least arguable that Richards was worth more when he was dealt to the Kings.
Agree with this.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Richards is also a center which are generally more valued by teams than wingers. Richards is also considered to be one of the better centers in the league that almost any team would want.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:05 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

When this trade eventually goes down (which it absolutely has to now that the bridges have been burned), I'll be interested to see what the return is.

IMO, he'll return something between what Carter and Richards returned this summer (high end) and what Heatley and Richards returned a few years ago (low end).

Old
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
Ok, and who would those guys be? Wolski? Bourque? Zuccarello? The Rangers don't HAVE anyone to replace those guys.
Who replaces those guys is not my concern. I was merely talking numbers which were unfairly skewed. If you want to compare a team without Nash to a team with Nash you can't omit data just because it doesn't serve your purpose. If you literally have no one to replace those 3 then it probably is a bad trade since you'll be forced to play 5 on 4 for the duration of Nash's contract.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Just to clarify for everyone...

'Insiders' are giving their prices. Insiders don't know for certain one single team that has been named by Nash. No one knows what Howson and Columbus have asked for in exchange for Nash.
Looks like the Bruins, Kings, Leafs, Rangers, and Sharks are teams he'd go to.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
He'd be an outstanding fit on 4 of those 5, I can't see why the Rangers would go for him when they're rolling so well. Not to mention they have so much money tied up in Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, and Dubinsky for a couple more years at least.... They need another high end D man I'd say-- someone like Suter if he makes it to UFA

Old
02-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Well I hope to god DW doesn't blow his load and acquire him. Let him go to one of the others.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
As a kings fan I would way rather have Richards. At the time our biggest need was a center, and I would rather have that need met than the need for a winger.
You've got Richards and you're the lowest scoring team in the NHL. Even CBJ with ESHL defense and amateur goaltending scored more. And the Kings got 2 all-stars centers now.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
When this trade eventually goes down (which it absolutely has to now that the bridges have been burned), I'll be interested to see what the return is.

IMO, he'll return something between what Carter and Richards returned this summer (high end) and what Heatley and Richards returned a few years ago (low end).
I love comments like this. What bridges have been burned. The only thing this is now is a media circus. I can bet you that there is no bad blood between Howsen or Nash. Dont fall for all the media hype.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
I love comments like this. What bridges have been burned. The only thing this is now is a media circus. I can bet you that there is no bad blood between Howsen or Nash. Dont fall for all the media hype.
Thank you. People take media BS as gospel around here.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Do Not Want!

Old
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
You've got Richards and you're the lowest scoring team in the NHL. Even CBJ with ESHL defense and amateur goaltending scored more. And the Kings got 2 all-stars centers now.
Hate to imagine where we would be without him. I still blame Terry Murray for our lack of goal scoring. I know Sutter is a defense first coach as well, but next year with a full year to impliment his system we will score more.
I wasn't sayign I wouldn't love to have Nash, just saying if I had to pick between the two I would go with Richards.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Who replaces those guys is not my concern. I was merely talking numbers which were unfairly skewed. If you want to compare a team without Nash to a team with Nash you can't omit data just because it doesn't serve your purpose. If you literally have no one to replace those 3 then it probably is a bad trade since you'll be forced to play 5 on 4 for the duration of Nash's contract.
Ok, fine.

Rick Nash GP 57 G 18 A 21 P 39

Derek Stepan GP 55 G 11 A 26 P 37

So 7.8M/year for 7 more goals, 5 less assists and 2 more points, PLUS the Rangers lose a top 2 D man, a very good 3rd line C/LW (at worst), and a 1st round pick. No matter how you slice it, it's still crazy talk.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, I feel now that if he is traded prior to the deadline, it will be for likely a 1st rounder to help rebuild, an NHL ready player still with potential filling a need of Columbus (defence/goalie), a salary dump to help even the salary but is still producing a little (any position) and another prospect (but not a top prospect). From a leafs fan point of view, I think this is what would be offered:

Schenn
Connolly/Lombardi
1st rounder
Prospect that isn't yet NHL ready

Note: I would be more than willing to swap Gardiner in for Schenn, but then I think the pick would be lowered to a second or the prospect is removed/lowered to one not projected to be good at all. I would probably be willing to offer more in the offseason, but its harder at this point in the season to add such a high profile player as it shakes up your roster a fair bit.

(Carter got about this value minus the additional prospect so I feel this is offering more, atleast in my opinion, people will probably say I overvalue leaf players/undervalue Nash)
-----
Edit: Forgot to take the placement of the 1st round pick in the Carter trade into consideration, but I will stand by what I said still.
I simply cannot fathom how you could come to the conclusion that the package you are offering is enough to acquire Rick Nash. Luke Schenn's trade value isn't exactly skyrocketing through the roof of the ACC at the moment. But at least he is a young player with potential to develop into a very good player. As for the other junk you are attempting to sell as fair value for Nash, it's not happening. We are talking about Matthew Lombardi and/or Tim Connolly, are we not? So Columbus is going to deal their franchise player for Luke Schenn and a first rounder, oh, and a couple warm bodies? That offer might get you Tyson Nash. It certainly won't sniff Rick Nash, however.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:24 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Nash missed practice today? Any reason given?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Nash missed practice today? Any reason given?
Maintenance day.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Ok, fine.

So 7.8M/year for 7 more goals, 5 less assists and 2 more points, PLUS the Rangers lose a top 2 D man, a very good 3rd line C/LW (at worst), and a 1st round pick. No matter how you slice it, it's still crazy talk.
God posts like these are annoying. If Nash played for the Rags, he'd put up 80. Stepan would barely hit 50..

Old
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Ok, fine.

One would be tempted to conclude that Columbus is a worst team than the Rangers. Of course the standings don't reflect this, and we know that teamates do not affect production, so I guess it is crazy talk.

Closed Thread