HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nash On The Block Part III: ALL NASH TALK & PROPOSALS HERE!

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 11:31 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
I love comments like this. What bridges have been burned. The only thing this is now is a media circus. I can bet you that there is no bad blood between Howsen or Nash. Dont fall for all the media hype.
I doubt there's bad blood, but he must be traded now and soon. If not, every away reporter for the rest of his career will ask him whether he will want another trade this year every time he goes there. That's some serious mental wear and tear.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:31 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
God posts like these are annoying. If Nash played for the Rags, he'd put up 80. Stepan would barely hit 50..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
One would be tempted to conclude that Columbus is a worst team than the Rangers. Of course the standings don't reflect this, and we know that teamates do not affect production, so I guess it is crazy talk.
He would probably put up 60-70 with the Rangers given their style.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
NYR1967

Quote:
God posts like these are annoying. If Nash played for the Rags, he'd put up 80. Stepan would barely hit 50..
My sincere apologies for annoying you, but how do you KNOW that? None of us have any idea what Nash would do on the Rangers. And shouldn't someone getting paid 7.8M make the players around him better as opposed to needing better players to be better?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Part 4...

Old
02-16-2012, 11:34 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Hate to imagine where we would be without him. I still blame Terry Murray for our lack of goal scoring. I know Sutter is a defense first coach as well, but next year with a full year to impliment his system we will score more.
I wasn't sayign I wouldn't love to have Nash, just saying if I had to pick between the two I would go with Richards.
like i said earlier, i understand not wanting to move richards, but would a trade like this be more enticing?:

Nash + Vermette + 3rd (11.55M)
for
Richards + Bernier + Penner (11.25M or whatever i said earlier)

LA would get a 2C with a strong faceoff and defensive game who still puts up a good amount of points (which sounds good for their system) to try to replace richards, they get rick nash, they get rid of penner and the money is pretty even because of this.

Jackets re-unite the besties, still have flexibility to move many of their other centers since they are center heavy right now, can use their 1st overall (assuming they get it) to try to replace nash on the wing, and address a glaring need in goal even if bernier becomes their backup.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:34 AM
smitty10

I don't buy that it's a maintenance day. They'll have had two days off since their last game and don't play until Saturday. I don't believe they practiced yesterday either.

Why would they give them another day off?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
My sincere apologies for annoying you, but how do you KNOW that? None of us have any idea what Nash would do on the Rangers. And shouldn't someone getting paid 7.8M make the players around him better as opposed to needing better players to be better?
He actually does make players around him better. He has turned Brassard into a confidence playing centerman that scouts have said no one hits the trailer better. He's a goal scorer, put him with Richards and I'd bet he would put up 80.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
He actually does make players around him better. He has turned Brassard into a confidence playing centerman that scouts have no one hits the trailer better. He's a goal scorer, put him with Richards and I'd bet he would put up 80.
Not to mention Vermette's numbers playing with and without Nash.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't buy that it's a maintenance day. They'll have had two days off since their last game and don't play until Saturday. I don't believe they practiced yesterday either.

Why would they give them another day off?
Speculate all you want but its not just him. Carter Tyutin and Dorsett arent there either....Dorse and Toots arent going anywhere thats for sure.

Closed Thread