HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#56 - 02.16.2012 | Chicago Blackhawks @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL-N

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 500
Well, both options have a good argument. This way, we have Lundqvist against Columbus, giving us a certain 2 points

Old
02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Well, both options have a good argument. This way, we have Lundqvist against Columbus, giving us a certain 2 points
Ezequiel - have you been a Rangers fan long? That is a dangerous statement right there.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
i agree. also agree with the fact that we have to score 4 or 5. it can happen, though. the boys have been fairly consistent when it comes to goal scoring this season.
We can score 5 against these guys. Look who is in net. Its Corey Crawford, Not Glenn Hall

Old
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Chicago's due to break their losing streak.
Biron is in net.

They will be fine as long as they play their game.

You people are forgetting this is opposite year. You think the worst but somehow it seems to work out for the best. Tough getting used to that isn't it?

It's called being a good team.

or lucky depending on who you talk to.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I love opposite year!

02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

Hank was was brilliant against Boston. I don't mind Biron getting the nod tonight, he's one of the best backups in the game. Thinking we're gonna need some offense to win, but this team, right now, whatever it takes to win they get it done.

I'm thinking a huge game from Gabby tonight. Final: NY 5, Chicago 3.

Gaborik (2)
Richards
Girardi
Stepan

Old
02-16-2012, 01:20 PM
TwistedWrister90

can't ****in wait. go hawks but the rangers are badass

Old
02-16-2012, 01:22 PM
TwistedWrister90

and hawks 4-3 in a shootout

Old
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
LGR33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I love opposite year!
Me too!!!

Old
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Love Marty but I think the Hawks light him up tonight. Can't see a team with so much fire power not coming out with a fire under their ass against the best team in the league.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Love Marty but I think the Hawks light him up tonight. Can't see a team with so much fire power not coming out with a fire under their ass against the best team in the league.
Because, you know, the Rangers defense hasn't dealt with great offense before...
LGR!

Old
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Chicago hasnt won they are due rather see them lose tonight with Biron in then u come back rested with hank and get the win you should undoubtedly get against a much weaker team in Columbus.

We've been on a tremendous stretch you have expect a loss sometime and I'm not sayin the plan is to lose tonight. I am just seein it as the next two games of this week we should at least take Sundays so you put your top guy for that match.
The Rangers could get a win against CBJ with my great grand mother in net. Tonight they need Hank.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Because, you know, the Rangers defense hasn't dealt with great offense before...
LGR!
Game against the Bruins is a looootttt closer if Hank isn't in net. We've seen quite a few odd man rushes and breakaways that Hank has stonewalled his past few games.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Game against the Bruins is a looootttt closer if Hank isn't in net. We've seen quite a few odd man rushes and breakaways that Hank has stonewalled his past few games.
I agree, but also remember that we are 8-0 against the three best offenses in the league in VAN, PHI, and BOS. Plus, I think we should be taken a more offensive approach to this game, and they have a bad goalie and weak defense. (Keith and Seabrook have been really bad in their nine game stretch.)

Old
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Rangerfans

I'm confident in Biron.

I think it's a smart move by the organization.

4-2 final.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
The Perfect Paradox

I can really see this as a potential "breakout" game for the 'Hawks tonight. They've lost 6 (9 if you count OTL) in a row now, and are going on the road to play in MSG against the 1st place Rangers. Biron is in net and the Rangers are looking to break a record tonight for allowing no more than 4 goals in 46 straight games.

Just seems like the perfect situation to motivate the 'Hawks and allow them to break out of their slump. That team has way too much talent to continue playing so poorly.

I'm going to the game tonight though, so I hope I'm wrong. LGR!

Last edited by The Perfect Paradox: 02-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Affinity

Really? Biron in net against a slumping Hawks team who no doubt want to prove themselves against one of the best teams in the league atm? I really have a feeling this will be ugly for us. Plus, I'm going to this game and really wanted to see Hank play -.-

Last edited by Affinity: 02-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
I can really see this as a potential "breakout" game for the 'Hawks tonight. They've lost 6 in a row now, and are going on the road to play in MSG against the 1st place Rangers. Biron is in net and the Rangers are looking to break a record tonight for allowing no more than 4 goals in 46 straight games.

Just seems like the perfect situation to motivate the 'Hawks and allow them to break out of their slump. That team has way too much talent to continue playing so poorly.

I'm going to the game tonight though, so I hope I'm wrong. LGR!
It seems that you're stuck in a time warp. They're on a 9 game losing streak, NHL.com does a terrible job of not counting the OTLs, they're 0-8-1 in their last 9. The Rangers have broken that record of not allowing 5 goals a while ago. They played 55 games and haven't allowed 5 goals, unless you're including the 5-4 shootout loss. But that 5th one, despite what someone argued on the main boards is not a goal the defense and goalie gave up. The Rangers have the record already and have had that record for a while now.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Really? Biron in net against a slumping Hawks team who no doubt want to prove themselves against one of the best teams in the league atm? I really have a feeling this will be ugly for us. Plus, I'm going to this game and really wanted to see Hank play -.-
I remember the first time I was expecting to see Lundqvist play in 2006 against the Bruins. I believe he had a hip injury or something and Weekes played. Still got the win and Jagr broke the goal record.

Finally got to see Lundqvist in Boston last year, he was awesome.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It seems that you're stuck in a time warp. They're on a 9 game losing streak, NHL.com does a terrible job of not counting the OTLs, they're 0-8-1 in their last 9. The Rangers have broken that record of not allowing 5 goals a while ago. They played 55 games and haven't allowed 5 goals, unless you're including the 5-4 shootout loss. But that 5th one, despite what someone argued on the main boards is not a goal the defense and goalie gave up. The Rangers have the record already and have had that record for a while now.
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...ce-at-history/

Quote:
According to an email from Jonathan, who cites SportsCenter, the Rangers have gone 46 straight games this season without allowing more than four goals in a game.
Quote:
The Rangers would break the record, that according to John Buccigross has been around for 61 years, if they hold the Blackhawks to four or fewer goals tonight.
I doubt the article is wrong, but I'll take your word for it considering I remember hearing talk about the same record a while back.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
JaeTM

Going to say that this one goes in to OT...possibly a shootout. 3-3 at the end of regulation.

Goals from Dubinsky, Richards and Staal gets his first in the 3rd.

'Hawks win in the shootout.

Have to miss this one again but I'll be cheering on from the sidelines. LGR!

Old
02-16-2012, 02:14 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...ce-at-history/

The article could be wrong, but I'll take your word for it considering I remembering hearing talk about the same record a while back.
The 9th game of the season we lost 5-4 in a shootout to Ottawa. I believe that 5th goal counts in a tie breaker, but considering we haven't allowed a 5th goal, and it's the result of us scoring fewer goals in a skills competition, I think it's silly to count it.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
I remember the first time I was expecting to see Lundqvist play in 2006 against the Bruins. I believe he had a hip injury or something and Weekes played. Still got the win and Jagr broke the goal record.

Finally got to see Lundqvist in Boston last year, he was awesome.
It is my first live game so I was hoping he would play. Now I'm sad

Old
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The 9th game of the season we lost 5-4 in a shootout to Ottawa. I believe that 5th goal counts in a tie breaker, but considering we haven't allowed a 5th goal, and it's the result of us scoring fewer goals in a skills competition, I think it's silly to count it.
Oh, I see. Just another reason to hate the shootout! Well, let's hope the Rangers can actually break the (technical) record tonight then.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Oh, I see. Just another reason to hate the shootout! Well, let's hope the Rangers can actually break the (technical) record tonight then.
VS and MSG already reported us as having the record when it was 49 games. So I'm not sure if we'll be breaking the technical record. I think depending on the opinion we already broke it.

Closed Thread