HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 9.0: ..."You want to rip apart this team and do WHAT?"

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Evolved83

vCash: 500
You forgot richie...

Old
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
Ray Whitney and Pavel Kubina, please.

A decent combination of picks/prospects plus Wolski (strictly for cap purposes) should get it done.
Agreed. Maybe add one of Påhlsson/Gaustad as well for depth. That´s all folks

Old
02-16-2012, 01:18 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Guys I could see fitting are Gaustad, Moen and Pahlsson. In that order. The only gritty goalscorer I see out there is Ruutu and he's problematic at this point. Too bad Rob Niedemayer is playing in Switzerland or we could bring back the whole Ducks checking line from 2007.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Agreed. Maybe add one of Påhlsson/Gaustad as well for depth. That´s all folks
Bingo! In the immortal words of Jon Lovitz, "That's the ticket."

Old
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Alphaphaget
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
What a novel concept...a hockey trade. Unfortunately the Kings need wingers now, not in the future. Lombardi unlikely to survive another non playoff season.
Zuccarello?

Old
02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

Every freaking year since the lockout we bring in a defenseman with a big shot from the point. Ozilinsh, Morris, Mara, McCabe etc... Enough already it never helps. We're the best team in the league can we not ******* with it?

Old
02-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Thinking about what Peverly did for Boston last year, and continuing to do this year, what about Antoine Vermette?

The negative is that he's signed for a few more years, but his cap hit isn't horrible and he'd add another versatile winger who can score. He shouldn't cost much at all.

Wolski, Bourque, 3rd for Vermette

Anisimov Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Hagelin Boyle Vermette
Rupp Mitchell Prust

Fedotenko for Mitchell or Rupp when healthy.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
Every freaking year since the lockout we bring in a defenseman with a big shot from the point. Ozilinsh, Morris, Mara, McCabe etc... Enough already it never helps. We're the best team in the league can we not ******* with it?
oh I dunno maybe because Bickel , a career minor leaguer is our depth right now....not to mention Woywitka.

I Sauer was'nt concust I would say no Dman is needed but since he is a depth vet like Kubina fits

It wont cost the world. Boston added Kelly, Kaberle, Peverly last yr.....they were the best team in the East..........they won the cup

Old
02-16-2012, 01:48 PM
dumpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
kubina is ok...for a UFA FREE investment...paying picks/ players for him now is silly

a smarter move would be to add a speedskater to the Right handed Defense group because Girardi's lack of speed is masked by his good anticipation and ryan McDonagh's acceleration.

As for Sauer/Eminger/Bickell/Stralman...Fleet of Foot they are not.

A quality speed skater like Barrie or elliot from the Avalanche would be a good upgrade and add a bit of 2 way speed and scoring to the mostly veteran Def group. Tortorella has been solid at getting young blueliners to fit into his ethic.

As for physical power Forwards

Edmonton's Curtis Hamilton
Anaheim's D.Smith-Pelley
Chicago B.Bickell(not Stu Bickell although they could play together)
Phoenix's R.Torres(former top 5 draft pick) had a ton of hits/shots
Colorado's G.Landeskog*(only if they're willing to part w/ Dubinsky)*

and then the more expensive options like
Doan, Nash,Penner,...etc..etc...

I dont know if he has been brought up before but how about Clutterbuck from the wild.. He is second in the league in hits, leads his team in pim, and has I think 13 goals... Sounds like a guy that would fit right into the system and provide some more physicality. And he is signed through next year at 1.4 mil (very affordable) and then is a RFA

I dont know what he would cost ,,, maybe a 2nd and a mid tier prospect?

Old
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Thinking about what Peverly did for Boston last year, and continuing to do this year, what about Antoine Vermette?

The negative is that he's signed for a few more years, but his cap hit isn't horrible and he'd add another versatile winger who can score. He shouldn't cost much at all.

Wolski, Bourque, 3rd for Vermette

Anisimov Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Hagelin Boyle Vermette
Rupp Mitchell Prust

Fedotenko for Mitchell or Rupp when healthy.
You realize Vermette has a terrible contract right?

Stick to rentals, let Kreider play next yr.........resign DZ, Prust, Biron

Old
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Zuccarello?
They do not want, and we should dump Zuc for cap space.

Thomas is a very good prospect.
Although Martinez has proven himself here, and Thomas is boom bust, he has high enough upside coupled with their unhappiness of their own W situation that, given how ridiculously deep they are at D, they can and I was told at their board they would part with Martinez; their was no big time outcry against those who said Thomas was ok as a basis for a deal.

GAGLine usually knows what he's talking about though I disagree with him every so often. A discussion is in order. Who helps more, and which is the better fit and why?

Based on Zenith's remarks some months back --- and this is from memory --- basically I got the idea Martinez is the better fit for rushing and shooting. Is Kubina a better guy overall? Is it a harder shot? But which is more accurate to get us rebounds? As to holding down D responsibilities, who will better skate? body check?

I'm not certain, but from what I remember in the games my impression was Martinez offers more.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if youre not going to get Nash, Carter, Parise, or Ryan, then stand fast...maybe small moves like Kubina, or Gaustad, but by and large, stand pat.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
You realize Vermette has a terrible contract right?

Stick to rentals, let Kreider play next yr.........resign DZ, Prust, Biron
He has the same cap-hit as Wolski.

How is 3.785 a bad hit for a 45-65 point guy?

Dubinsky makes 4.2 and hes in the same production range.

Vermette scored 65 points on Columbus two years ago, and 47 last year.

Dubi scored 44, then 54.

Quite comparable, no?

Old
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
They do not want, and we should dump Zuc for cap space.
He's not on the cap. Trading him won't clear any cap space.

Quote:
Thomas is a very good prospect.
Although Martinez has proven himself here, and Thomas is boom bust, he has high enough upside coupled with their unhappiness of their own W situation that, given how ridiculously deep they are at D, they can and I was told at their board they would part with Martinez; their was no big time outcry against those who said Thomas was ok as a basis for a deal.

GAGLine usually knows what he's talking about though I disagree with him every so often. A discussion is in order. Who helps more, and which is the better fit and why?
Martinez might be a better bet to be an every day NHLer, but his upside is limited. Thomas has the potential to be what this team really needs: a goal scorer. Martinez doesn't give us anything we don't already have in abundance.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpin View Post
I dont know if he has been brought up before but how about Clutterbuck from the wild.. He is second in the league in hits, leads his team in pim, and has I think 13 goals... Sounds like a guy that would fit right into the system and provide some more physicality. And he is signed through next year at 1.4 mil (very affordable) and then is a RFA

I dont know what he would cost ,,, maybe a 2nd and a mid tier prospect?
Love Clutterbuck as a player and he would be a perfect fit for us.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

Dubi scored 44, then 54.

Quite comparable, no?
The problem is, he has 3 more years on his contract. Wolski is gone after this year. If we are going to add 3.785 mil to next year's cap, we might as well trade Dubi + futures for Nash.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Love Clutterbuck as a player and he would be a perfect fit for us.
I can't imagine why Minny would trade him.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if youre not going to get Nash, Carter, Parise, or Ryan, then stand fast...maybe small moves like Kubina, or Gaustad, but by and large, stand pat.
Man I would hate if we made a reaction move like LA trading for Penner and TOR signing Connolly.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Clutterbuck is ridiculously overrated, do not want.

He pisses me off every time I watch the Wild. He's got a good shot but no hockey sense. Half of his "hits" take him hopelessly out of the play, creating odd man rushes.

02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I think he was being sarcastic just waiting for Bernmeisters posts that with out a doubt always contain some combination of the Rangers acquiring Taylor Hall using some crazy mathematical formula.
As noted in the prior trade thread, I am temporarily suspending the push for Hall.
The reason is we are at an impasse that requires too much research to be done on short notice.

Most of you guys begrudgingly admitted that IF IF IF IF Hall were acquired, he'd certainly help, but with the caveat that you did not consider it even possible he'd be offered at terms we could accept, and further that the terms I suggested (Girardi +) were not good terms in the opinion of most as to what we could/should afford/expect to pay.

To resolve this impasse, it will be necessary to have extended honest debate at the Oiler forum about whether or not, IN THE TOTALITY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES, with Oilers already possessing several snipers and likely able to grab another around #2 overall, and with such need for D + G, if they would agree that it made sense and should be considered in some variation.

After some enlightenment, there can only then be further discussion here or on the big board.

I do not have extended time to do this now, if anyone wants to comment on this, fine, but I am not pushing the issue here because you can't truly make an informed opinion until we get DELIBERATED and CAREFUL review by Oiler fans.

I still expect at some point objective analysis will show a few small variations that are win-win.

Remember, the issue is not a snap judgment of actually doing the deal because of who you emotionally prefer, even if that is a bottom line.

The issue is, would such a deal actually help your team?

To make a parallel with names and references that make the point, there were many discussions about how there were talks at one time about trading Ted Williams for Joe DiMaggio straight up. It was the champagne edition of coke for pepsi, and ultimately both sides passed it up.

But what if that were Williams for Mantle and Ford?
What if it were Williams and X for Boudreau, Doby and Feller?

At the end of the day, you still ask how can you move the Splendid Splinter?
But the point is, if those deals were on the table, and taken, it might have been enough of a difference maker in pitching.

So the point is there needs to be ample time to carefully consider if there is ANY variation which works which both teams can agree upon.

That time is not available now.
I hope, in the interests of honest intellectual pursuit, we can exhaust that analysis at a later date.

Besides, there is always the thought we could get Weber this year, then if he really wants to go west, deal him in some variation to Edmonton for Hall.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

Dubi scored 44, then 54.

Quite comparable, no?
Is he not having a bad yr? Not looking at the pts totals but pretty sure he's been a dissapointment for them.

If he was a UFA fine but I am in the do not add salary to next yr bandwaggon

rentals like Kubina on D, Gaustad/Pahllson as a faceoff C, vets like Whitney, Selanne

Old
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Guys I could see fitting are Gaustad, Moen and Pahlsson. In that order. The only gritty goalscorer I see out there is Ruutu and he's problematic at this point. Too bad Rob Niedemayer is playing in Switzerland or we could bring back the whole Ducks checking line from 2007.
Carolina took Ruutu off the market.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
As noted in the prior trade thread, I am temporarily suspending the push for Hall.
The reason is we are at an impasse that requires too much research to be done on short notice.

Most of you guys begrudgingly admitted that IF IF IF IF Hall were acquired, he'd certainly help, but with the caveat that you did not consider it even possible he'd be offered at terms we could accept, and further that the terms I suggested (Girardi +) were not good terms in the opinion of most as to what we could/should afford/expect to pay.

To resolve this impasse, it will be necessary to have extended honest debate at the Oiler forum about whether or not, IN THE TOTALITY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES, with Oilers already possessing several snipers and likely able to grab another around #2 overall, and with such need for D + G, if they would agree that it made sense and should be considered in some variation.

After some enlightenment, there can only then be further discussion here or on the big board.

I do not have extended time to do this now, if anyone wants to comment on this, fine, but I am not pushing the issue here because you can't truly make an informed opinion until we get DELIBERATED and CAREFUL review by Oiler fans.

I still expect at some point objective analysis will show a few small variations that are win-win.

Remember, the issue is not a snap judgment of actually doing the deal because of who you emotionally prefer, even if that is a bottom line.

The issue is, would such a deal actually help your team?

To make a parallel with names and references that make the point, there were many discussions about how there were talks at one time about trading Ted Williams for Joe DiMaggio straight up. It was the champagne edition of coke for pepsi, and ultimately both sides passed it up.

But what if that were Williams for Mantle and Ford?
What if it were Williams and X for Boudreau, Doby and Feller?

At the end of the day, you still ask how can you move the Splendid Splinter?
But the point is, if those deals were on the table, and taken, it might have been enough of a difference maker in pitching.

So the point is there needs to be ample time to carefully consider if there is ANY variation which works which both teams can agree upon.

That time is not available now.
I hope, in the interests of honest intellectual pursuit, we can exhaust that analysis at a later date.

Besides, there is always the thought we could get Weber this year, then if he really wants to go west, deal him in some variation to Edmonton for Hall.
Did you just declare today to be independence day????!!!! Thats all I got out of that mumbo jumbo

Old
02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I love Pierre McGuire. He is talking to Francesa about Rick Nash. He wouldn't touch the integrity of the Rangers roster in a trade for Nash. He doesn't think the Rangers want to move Kreider. So he proposes a prospect and a pick but Columbus wants prime young roster players plus Kreider plus who knows what else.

Old
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
He's not on the cap. Trading him won't clear any cap space.

Martinez might be a better bet to be an every day NHLer, but his upside is limited. Thomas has the potential to be what this team really needs: a goal scorer. Martinez doesn't give us anything we don't already have in abundance.
Bold = thanks for reminder.
Underline = I agree with you the POSSIBLE payoff is big, but I emphasize it is not certain, even with protein shakes fed to him constantly, that he's add enough to cut it in the NHL at a higher level, which is sad, because he's got everything else, including a terrific shot.
Erixon seems to have a decent, but not yet a great shot, and he is not here NOW.
Besides Del Zotto, who can direct the puck at the net productively, but doesn't show me a fabulous scoring shot, we are woeful in that area. Some of our D are almost as lame as Rod Seiling when it comes to shooting! (trip down memory lane)

In other facets of the game, I concur.
But as to shooting, no, I think Martinez would be an improvement.

Closed Thread