HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Jagr Thread Part III: Moves Like Jagr

Old
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I was thinking since Hartnell and G both have long hair, Jagr should grow his out too. After a quick trip to a barber they could be the mullet line!
lol i was calling them The Hair Line in the beginning of the season.. if Jagr grew it out it would be epic hair line

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
jagrgodr

wow i'm on hold and the first song that came up was moves like jagger, lolol.

Old
01-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

So I have not been able to see a game since Winter Classic.

Has Jagr entered a slump since then with the whole 1st line?

Or has it been the standard with Jagr coming back too early from injury?

Lesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
So I have not been able to see a game since Winter Classic.

Has Jagr entered a slump since then with the whole 1st line?

Or has it been the standard with Jagr coming back too early from injury?
From what I've read it sounds like he's come back too early and isn't a 100% fit.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Xegiie

i was watching only one match since WC, actually the first when he came back after injury, he was nearly not skating and his passes were nothing special too..
im pretty sure if he doesnt break it, this is his last year in NHL.
He wanted be useful, he was hoping he can still produce, and he was, but now with that injury, i can imagine he must be depressed.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Ok...maybe this thread should be renamed to "Moves like a geriatric"....obviously injuries and illness have slowed Jagr's production considerably. It looks like the 60 pts some felt he would get ...including myself... is more likely then the zillion points some were arguing he was still capable of putting up this year.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:30 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Ok...maybe this thread should be renamed to "Moves like a geriatric"....obviously injuries and illness have slowed Jagr's production considerably. It looks like the 60 pts some felt he would get ...including myself... is more likely then the zillion points some were arguing he was still capable of putting up this year.

Yea I agree. I was hoping he'd get 80 points but unless he goes on an absolute tear that ain't gonna happen. Also, let's be honest, those Jagr fanboys were way too stubborn to recognize that his age might make a difference in his game.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
I remember tuning my prediction up from 50 points to 65ish and getting lambasted for thinking he'd have below 100.

02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
But IF he was healthy all 82 games (even though he's 39 turning 40 later this season/this week and the only player to do that in a really long time is Selanne who Jagr is OBVIOUSLY better than) then I could GUARANTEE at least 100 points for Jagr.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Regardless of point total, he's still a force. He can the gain the zone like a monster everytime.

Though he loves turning it over when in the zone.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Yea I agree. I was hoping he'd get 80 points but unless he goes on an absolute tear that ain't gonna happen. Also, let's be honest, those Jagr fanboys were way too stubborn to recognize that his age might make a difference in his game.
we were looking at his performance in russia and last championship where he was dominant. It was giving us hope of seeing still superstar Jags. Sadly i have to admit he got less points than i was expecting, tho i still love watching him create chances or just handle puck.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:44 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
we were looking at his performance in russia and last championship where he was dominant. It was giving us hope of seeing still superstar Jags. Sadly i have to admit he got less points than i was expecting, tho i still love watching him create chances or just handle puck.

Wasn't really referring to you. It was mostly Jags6868.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Kaktus*

Beggest issues with Jage is finishing. 3 years ago he would finish a lot of chances. 3 years ago he would have 25-30 goals. Now days, you see puck going off his stick but he is still trying to shot it. He is in prime scoring position, puck is right there on his curve and then it's not, and he hits air with his wrist shot.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Kaktus*

Jagr*

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Jagr scores 2 goals against the Pens, yet his name is not even mentioned once in the Pittsburgh postgazettes article

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12050/1211268-61.stm

Lesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Erathian

Quote:
Jagr scores 2 goals against the Pens, yet his name is not even mentioned once in the Pittsburgh postgazettes article

Written by Molinari. That says it all.

Erathian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Hell Yeah!!!

Quote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12050/1211267-61.stm

Hell Yeah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:07 AM
jagrgodr

Good to see Jagr get those 2 goals, it's been long overdue. He has obviously been struggling since the winter classic with injuries and sickness, but all that matters is he gets healthy for the playoffs.

He is still doing well, he has missed 10 games but is still 3rd on the team in points behind his original 2 linemates and is the best right winger on the team. He will probably reach 20 goals by the end of the season ( i am hoping for 30 goals and 70 points to continue his amazing career).

Another thing, i can't believe how they are using him on the power play, it seems like such a waste. I don't know why you would put him in the center or in one of the point poisitions. The Flyers seem to have had a power play plan and they didn't want to modify it when Jagr came along. I just don't know why they would put him in the middle. When it's a 4 on 3 PP situation Jagr is on the right side and he is comfortable shooting and scores a lot of times.

Anyways let's just hope he has a great end of the season like he started.