HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fun Fuels Jagr's Revival

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 01:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Fun Fuels Jagr's Revival

http://www.nhl.com/columns/wigge/jagr011706.html

Good read about Jagr-

"The only way to stop him now is to wrap your arms around him -- and you can't do that," Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios

Yeah... sure. Like all the penalties they called last night and in Detroit right Chelly?

Old
01-17-2006, 01:53 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

As soon as I read that the puck went past goalie Ty Conklin I stopped reading. How about getting his facts straight first? It was Markannen (sp?).

Old
01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I didnt read it. I think it is just covering up how bad the Rangers have been playing the last month.

Old
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
I didnt read it. I think it is just covering up how bad the Rangers have been playing the last month.
They've been mediocre, not bad over the past month, man you're depressing me. lol

Old
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
"The only way to stop him now is to wrap your arms around him -- and you can't do that," Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios
Ref's have either been told to look the other way, or no one is reminding them of the "new" rules. What's new is old. And its everyone, including the Rangers. We'll see clutching and grabbing by April. And the whistles will be burned before the playoffs start.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
They've been mediocre, not bad over the past month, man you're depressing me. lol

exactly, 5-6-3 against some of the best teams in the NHL, aint too shabby for a team that was pegged to draft Kessel.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
shoothepuck

If fun is fueling his revival, then he's not been to the fun house the last few games. He needs to get two tickets and take himself and Weeks, then maybe the fans can have a fun filled weekend.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:25 PM
True Blue

Let's see how much Jagr will be smiling when the amount of Czechs on the team gets reduced.

Old
01-18-2006, 03:28 AM
leafs nation

Quote:
Plus, he had those long black trademark locks of his and a highlight-reel goal in which he beat every Chicago Blackhawks player on the ice -- a couple of them twice -- before sending Game 1 of the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals into overtime.
Can anyone post this goal??

Old
01-18-2006, 08:14 AM
94now

Jarg sucks. I mean compare to what he was up to mid Dec. Every time he has a puck in neutral zone I think the turnover is inevitable. He takes penalties, doesn't skate as hard as he use to and overall shows signs of laziness that made him so notable in Washington. He still got his trademark wrist shot, but he can only use it on pp or overtime where much less effort of skating and stick-handling is required.

Old
01-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now
Jarg sucks. I mean compare to what he was up to mid Dec. Every time he has a puck in neutral zone I think the turnover is inevitable. He takes penalties, doesn't skate as hard as he use to and overall shows signs of laziness that made him so notable in Washington. He still got his trademark wrist shot, but he can only use it on pp or overtime where much less effort of skating and stick-handling is required.
Interesting, he is leading scoring around NHL and he still sucks.
Some fans cannot be satisfied
Nobody is perfect, and Jagr specially has downsides and upsides.
Funny is, even when he is on his downside, he's better then 80% of players and can produce points.

Old
01-18-2006, 08:52 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik
Interesting, he is leading scoring around NHL and he still sucks.
Some fans cannot be satisfied
Nobody is perfect, and Jagr specially has downsides and upsides.
Funny is, even when he is on his downside, he's better then 80% of players and can produce points.
Past doesn't matter. Youre not going to bring about his CAREER stats, are you?What has he done for last month? He obviously has a downside. That is exactly my point. He is taking quite a few games off, IMO, that's why he has a downside.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't know how a player can be leading the league in scoring yet has done nothing for the past month. He has 18 pts in last 11 GP. Would that the whole team could suck like that.

01-18-2006, 12:12 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I don't know how a player can be leading the league in scoring yet has done nothing for the past month.
Jagr can. He's done that in the past many times. I don't blame him for not being productive (although his productivity is down, he is sure better than many). I don't see the intensity, though. As a result, other vets around him may take a slack. Eventually, the kids will be the only those who work. Just a thought...

Old
01-18-2006, 12:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
People are responsible for themself. It's not Jagr's fault that Weekes didn't make a save to keep his team in the game. It's not Jagr's falut that Rozsival takes bad penalties. It's not Jagr's fault that Rucinsky has been lax backchecking.

If Jagr wants to play from a la-z boy, I'm cool with it provided puts up a 1+ points a game.

Old
01-18-2006, 12:44 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
People are responsible for themself. It's not Jagr's fault that Weekes didn't make a save to keep his team in the game. It's not Jagr's falut that Rozsival takes bad penalties. It's not Jagr's fault that Rucinsky has been lax backchecking.

If Jagr wants to play from a la-z boy, I'm cool with it provided puts up a 1+ points a game.
Agree up to the last sentence. I don't blame Jarg for loosing. Never did.
Last game I wouldn't even blame the players: Renney was out coached, IMO. Plus in last two games we lost to the better teams. If Jarg was himself, though, we could be easily equal or better. In that respect I blame Jarg for not winning (sorry for semantics).

Closed Thread