HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavel Kubina

Old
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
They seem like pretty good buds. It'd be cool if they could do some damage on the same line.
Patty-JT-Pavs
Clowe-Couture-Purcell
McGinn-Zues-Havlat
Winchester-Dez-McCarthy
Vlasic-Burns
Kubina-Boyle
Murray-Braun

that is just nasty right there, we can only hope, I think I would even prefer that over Doan or Selanne honestly

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

vCash: 500
Nasty is the same word I'd have used. I think Ginner and Havlat have the potential to put up some serious numbers together.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Rickety Cricket

Didn't DW have a deal for Kubina a few years backed and he used his NTC to block it? Thank God Redden did the same.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Vaasa

No desire to move Braun or Demers for Kubina, or anyone less than a blockbuster. White or Vandy sure, but that's it.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
Purcell and Kubina would be awesome additions. Not only is there the Kubina-Boyle connection, but there's the Purcell-Clowe connection, too.
But then we won't have the Nash-Thornton connection.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Downie is an RFA this year. Purcell will be a UFA next year. Do it DW!

02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
If he trades Demers after this .. ugh ..

btw, why is everyone speculation on players that aren't sitting out the game? i don't remember purcell/downie winning a stanley cup either

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:02 PM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
If he trades Demers after this .. ugh ..

btw, why is everyone speculation on players that aren't sitting out the game? i don't remember purcell/downie winning a stanley cup either
I understand Demers is a great player still getting better; but he is currently not bringing anything we don't have; he is our most valuable asset expendable for the right price imo and Kubina Purcell> Demers + mid pick/prospect

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:03 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Didn't DW have a deal for Kubina a few years backed and he used his NTC to block it? Thank God Redden did the same.
I don't remember if Kubina vetoed a trade - but he has made it very clear he has no interest in playing in the West (more accurately on the West coast). He has a NTC and gets to submit a list of teams that he's willing to go to so he'll dictate, to an extent, where he goes.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Janney

How does speculating about a guy we don't even need end up with two pages? Are we that desperate for some trades...

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88eight View Post
I understand Demers is a great player still getting better; but he is currently not bringing anything we don't have; he is our most valuable asset expendable for the right price imo and Kubina Purcell> Demers + mid pick/prospect
A trade like that could make sense for this season, but we can't keep making moves like that. Demers should be a big part of our defense for years.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Sometimes you need to look beyond what is happening right now. That's like saying the Penguins should go ahead and trade Crosby because he's not bringing anything right now, and even when he comes back is going to provide anything that Malkin is not currently providing?

The Sharks don't need Kubina. They sure don't need him more than they need Demers now and in the future.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:39 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
If Kubina was brought in, he wouldn't be replacing White. He would be replacing Braun or Demers. And, he would add to Sharks issues of speed on the blueline against teams with a strong forecheck. And they already have problems with that. Size is not the answer to that kind of forecheck, speed is the answer. Kubina is slow.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
wtfisthis

No no no no no! This is exactly the type of trade I dont want to see

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Wedontneedroads

Not a Kubina fan. Defense is not where the Sharks need help. Even if they decide to go that route they need speed not another big body.

I want to see a 2nd/3rd line guy come in along with a solid 4th line PK and faceoff guy. Scott Nichol would be nice to be honest. I watched game 5 of the Sharks Det series in 2010 the other night and realized how big of a pest he was, and how damn good in the circle he was. Made me want him back.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:57 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
Not a Kubina fan. Defense is not where the Sharks need help. Even if they decide to go that route they need speed not another big body.

I want to see a 2nd/3rd line guy come in along with a solid 4th line PK and faceoff guy. Scott Nichol would be nice to be honest. I watched game 5 of the Sharks Det series in 2010 the other night and realized how big of a pest he was, and how damn good in the circle he was. Made me want him back.
I wouldn't mind that Nichol back either, but the Nichol we let go kind of sucks now. Desjardins is a better player. Dude lost a few steps.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
5H4RK5

If we acquire Kubina, I am guessing someone is really banged up we don't know about. I think we have enough depth in our D. I would like to see guys that fit Tmac's system of scoring on the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe a C/LW grinder scoring type, RW grinder right hand shot. I like to get more faceoffs won on our 3rd and 4th lines can keep eating away at the clock while having the occasional high percentage shot on goal. Boston last year probably had the best pickups ever. They got most of there key 3rd 4th line guys late in the year but fit there system perfect. I don't think we should bring in anyone unless they fit exactly what we are trying to do.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
No way on Braun and I'd rather not give up on Demers this early. White though can gtfo and pound sand. Same for Vandy minus the pounding sand part.
Actually I kinda like Vandy, but you're right about Demers and Braun. What I REALLY love about Demers and Braun is their speed and their ability to pinch in a lot and provide extra pressure in the offensive zone the way Burns does. That's what I like about those two, Burns and Boyle.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
rideaucrusher21

I wouldn't like Kubina at all for this team. I like our defense the way it is, comprised mostly of mobile, puck moving defensemen. Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, Demers, and Braun should all play regularly in the playoffs. They won't get pinned down in their own zone against the aggressive, physical forechecks that have beaten the sharks the last few years in the playoffs.

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I wouldn't mind that Nichol back either, but the Nichol we let go kind of sucks now. Desjardins is a better player. Dude lost a few steps.
Yea he is not quite what he was 2 years ago, but I really think the Sharks need that type of faster player. For whatever reason I'm just not sold on Desjardins. He is not quick at all, and I don't like him on the PK either.

Watching that 2010 series really pissed me off because the Sharks were damn good that year, and deep when it came to forwards. Couture was our 3rd line center. Only a team like the Chicago CapCircumventers were able to take them down.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

wrong thread.

goddammit.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
How does speculating about a guy we don't even need end up with two pages? Are we that desperate for some trades...

Was just coming in here to post this. Thought maybe this thread was bumped from last year's deadline.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Moore to come to San Jose ;)

I like D. Moore. Does a 2nd seem right for Moore and 7th?

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

If Kubina came to SJ I would think it be to fill a hole created by a bigger move involving one of Braun/Demers/Murray going somewhere else. I definitely would not want Demers/Braun going anywhere so if Murray is used to pick up another forward (yes in addition to Moore), then I would certainly be ok with the idea of it.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Kitten Mittons

Didn't Kubina refuse to waive his NTC to come to SJ in the past?

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote