HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GM 57: Feb 15: Avs 1 @ Canucks 3 (Booth, Hansen, Burrows)

Old
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoulsen View Post
So Hansen is not on a line with Raymond and he has a great game and scores... Coincidence?
Not really considering they had him with Kesler and Booth and he was doing NOTHING.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Or AV made a smart decision after the Alberts - Rome gong show last night.
I thought Salo looked worse than either Alberts or Rome last night.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I thought Salo looked worse than either Alberts or Rome last night.
True, though Salo has earned the right to have an off game here and there.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Proto

vCash: 500
I dunno, I put some credence into the Ehrhoff argument from a purely observational viewpoint, in that Ehrhoff's offensive game was more like a forward's. He was much better at moving down like a roving forward and taking a feed for a one-timed wristshot than Edler is. Edler is a great offensive defenseman, but he can at times be almost alarmingly awkward with the puck. If he ever puts it all together he'll be the best defenseman in the league (instead of a clear Top 10 defenseman). I don't think Ehrhoff is better than Edler at anything, really, but I do think he was a unique fit with the Sedins.

I think it's a combination of things hurting the Sedins this year. The shooting % is obviously down, but Burrows has struggled too. I guess I was wrong about Rome/Alberts -- maybe it's just the last few weeks that I've started to notice this?

They're also getting a lot of time with Salo who is not a very good offensive defenseman anymore.

All that said, I don't think Daniel is an 80 point player, and I do expect them to pick it up at some point and probably finish at or around 90 points each, which is a pretty good "off year". It might depend on whether the Canucks continue to see such atrocious officiating, however. Completely bush league the last month or two. The Canucks "we don't dive" plan is a complete and abject failure to this point, just like the "we don't whine" plan last playoffs was an unmitigated disaster that Gillis had to back out of in the Chicago series.

The amount of penalty calls Dustin Brown gets just shows why diving is and should be a staple of any team that wants to win hockey games.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote