HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks @ Rangers

View Poll Results: Yeah?
**** 14 32.56%
**** 6 13.95%
***** 7 16.28%
******** 16 37.21%
*** 7 16.28%
*** 6 13.95%
******** 13 30.23%
Other 20 46.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2012, 10:32 PM
  #76
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Interesting as Biron is 10-2-1 this season.
You think this team of HAM HANDED PLUGS WOULD BE WHERE IT IS WITH BIRON IN NET

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
  #77
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
I'm not saying Biron is great, and I'm not saying he had a great game tonight. I'm saying our record with him in net is 10-2-1 this season.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
  #78
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I'm not saying Biron is great, and I'm not saying he had a great game tonight. I'm saying our record with him in net is 10-2-1 this season.
umm....ok. It's a statement with ZERO context.



I'm not saying Marek Malik wasn't a terrible defenseman for most of his time with the Rangers. I'm saying he was a +67 while he was here.


Well....great. Thanks for sharing that information.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:42 PM
  #79
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
You think this team of HAM HANDED PLUGS WOULD BE WHERE IT IS WITH BIRON IN NET
Lundqvist has improved his GAA has improved by .51 and save % improved by .018. While a lot of it has to do with him improving his game, for example he almost never gives up soft goals nowadays, whereas he used to do it too often before (and I killed him for it), his improvement is not ALL him.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:46 PM
  #80
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Lundqvist has improved his GAA has improved by .51 and save % improved by .018. While a lot of it has to do with him improving his game, for example he almost never gives up soft goals nowadays, whereas he used to do it too often before (and I killed him for it), his improvement is not ALL him.
part of his improvement is Marty Biron playing more games, and the Rangers able to bail out Biron (of late..Biron was outstanding earlier in the season)....Less games for Henrik=more energy and more focus. he was getting burned out in previous years.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:51 PM
  #81
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
part of his improvement is Marty Biron playing more games, and the Rangers able to bail out Biron (of late..Biron was outstanding earlier in the season)....Less games for Henrik=more energy and more focus. he was getting burned out in previous years.
And because Biron gave him so much rest earlier in the year, in difficult stretches like this we can start Lundqvist, especially with a PERFECT chance to start Biron against Columbus. It's amazing, I really hope I don't jinx him, he had a stretch early in the year (when he shouldn't have been tired) when he was giving up a fair share of weak goals and I was getting on his case, but since then almost every game it takes a perfect play to beat him.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
  #82
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Normally this team has to bounce back after a bad loss.

Today they did a good job of bouncing back after a bad period.

Move along.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:54 PM
  #83
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
umm....ok. It's a statement with ZERO context.



I'm not saying Marek Malik wasn't a terrible defenseman for most of his time with the Rangers. I'm saying he was a +67 while he was here.


Well....great. Thanks for sharing that information.

Whatever. This guy is insinuating the Rangers are incapable of winning with Biron and I'm simply pointing out their record with him in net.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
  #84
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,527
vCash: 500
Anyone else was going crazy in the end hoping that Chicago doesn't score an empty netter to continue the streak of games of allowing 4 or fewer goals?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
  #85
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
Did the TV crew provide any explanation for why that early PP wasn't a 5 on 3?

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
  #86
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,037
vCash: 50
Pretty sure not giving up more than 4 goals this far into a season is a record. **** happens can't win them all. Hell we can be the worst team the rest of the way and will still make the playoffs. Just enjoy the ride and hope they are on a hot streak going into the playoffs

vladmyir111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
  #87
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,832
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Did the TV crew provide any explanation for why that early PP wasn't a 5 on 3?
They gave Quennville a choice between a 5 on 4 for 4 or a 5 on 3.

Never heard of that before. Refs were out of it all night.

__________________
Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:00 PM
  #88
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
They gave Quennville a choice between a 5 on 4 for 4 or a 5 on 3.

Never heard of that before. Refs were out of it all night.
Yeah, I've never heard of that before. Seems ridiculous to me.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
  #89
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I swear we could be 54-0, this being our first loss, and the naysayers and complainers would come out of the woodwork to find something to complain about.

People will always find something, or someone, to ***** about. We had a bad period but played well the rest of the game. Biron had 3 breakaways and the defense was porous, its his fault. The entire team sucked offensively yet it's Richards' fault.

It was a blip in the radar. They didn't come out prepared but they bounced back nicely. Just step away from the ledge and put things in perspective. We're still 8 points ahead of Philly and they only have one game in hand. You can't win them all.
This. Perfectly stated.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
  #90
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Redden isn't even a strong enough word to desrcribe that 1st period.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
  #91
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
When we fall behind and Giradi tries to play up on the NZ he gets stretched easily and breakaways happen . PITTS Plays us this way , especially GIRARDI all the time . Girardi once in his own zone is $$$$ , when he tries and play pinch / gap control against players like TOEWS /HOSSA / SHARP , his foot speed is exposed BIG TIME .
The 2011/12 NYR ARE A TEAM THAT WHEN THEY CAN IMPOSE Their forcheck are hard to beat.Playing from behind very very beatable
.

NYR only win becaus HANK !!!!!!!
Period .'
Without him this is a very average team
Girardi isn't as fast as Hossa?
This is a bad team.

Seriously though, this just makes you look foolish.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
  #92
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Pretty sure not giving up more than 4 goals this far into a season is a record. **** happens can't win them all. Hell we can be the worst team the rest of the way and will still make the playoffs. Just enjoy the ride and hope they are on a hot streak going into the playoffs
Not TRUE WE GO ON A 0-8-1 streak like Chi just did in this division and we will be on the outside looking on

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
  #93
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,202
vCash: 500
Anyone have the actual rule that allows the coach to choose what kind of PK he wants?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
  #94
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Pretty sure not giving up more than 4 goals this far into a season is a record. **** happens can't win them all. Hell we can be the worst team the rest of the way and will still make the playoffs. Just enjoy the ride and hope they are on a hot streak going into the playoffs
I heard that it was a record 49 games in. Today I saw that 48 would be a record, including the 5-4 SO loss to Ottawa as a 5 goal game. Later I heard that 56 would be the record (a 61 year old record mind you). Either way I think it's fair to say it's a record.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
  #95
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
umm....ok. It's a statement with ZERO context.



I'm not saying Marek Malik wasn't a terrible defenseman for most of his time with the Rangers. I'm saying he was a +67 while he was here.


Well....great. Thanks for sharing that information.
Biron had a poor 1st period...so did the defense.

He bounced back the remainder 2 periods.

We lost a game. It happens.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:05 PM
  #96
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Whatever. This guy is insinuating the Rangers are incapable of winning with Biron and I'm simply pointing out their record with him in net.
I think it goes beyond that though. Birons record is misleading, do you agree with that?

Do you also agree that, bad play can be hidden in small bursts by the team playing great in front of him?

Do you then also agree that Henrik Lundqvist has saved the Rangers ***** so many times we've lost count?

Therefore, you'd have to think, if Biron were given way more games, the Rangers record would have equalized over the long run and you'd seee a lot more games like tonight, or the game agianst Jersey, than what you saw against Toronto.

There's a reason why this guy signed to be a backup. He's not a starter. He's a good guy, a good teammate, a good twitterer, but a good starting goalie he is not. What he is, on most nights, is a competent backup. Nothing more. Lately, he hasn't even been that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:05 PM
  #97
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Biron had a poor 1st period...so did the defense.

He bounced back the remainder 2 periods.

We lost a game. It happens.
you could have flown a 747 through Birons 5-hole the past 6 or so games.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
  #98
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Girardi isn't as fast as Hossa?
This is a bad team.

Seriously though, this just makes you look foolish.
Don't even respond to him.

He's been leading the trade Girardi campaign for awhile.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
  #99
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Anyone have the actual rule that allows the coach to choose what kind of PK he wants?
Rule 19, reference table 17.

Too lazy to copy here.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26556

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:11 PM
  #100
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think it goes beyond that though. Birons record is misleading, do you agree with that?

Do you also agree that, bad play can be hidden in small bursts by the team playing great in front of him?

Do you then also agree that Henrik Lundqvist has saved the Rangers ***** so many times we've lost count?

Therefore, you'd have to think, if Biron were given way more games, the Rangers record would have equalized over the long run and you'd seee a lot more games like tonight, or the game agianst Jersey, than what you saw against Toronto.

There's a reason why this guy signed to be a backup. He's not a starter. He's a good guy, a good teammate, a good twitterer, but a good starting goalie he is not. What he is, on most nights, is a competent backup. Nothing more. Lately, he hasn't even been that.
Maybe, yes, and Hank has saved the Rangers countless times. And yes, he hasn't been playing very well recently, I agree. But to say that we cannot win without Hank is probably wrong too.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.