HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jack Johnson Might Be Available

Old
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 500
Considering LA desperately needs a scoring first line winger and how great the whole team is from a defensive perspective, it makes sense they let other teams know a solid player like Johnson is available.

Ottawa could really use a player like him, but the Senators have nothing to offer the Kings unfortunately...

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Considering LA desperately needs a scoring first line winger and how great the whole team is from a defensive perspective, it makes sense they let other teams know a solid player like Johnson is available.

Ottawa could really use a player like him, but the Senators have nothing to offer the Kings unfortunately...
Spezza or Michalek.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I want Voynov and lokti over JJ. He will not want to play Columbus.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Not for Jack. I would rather have Nash than Lucic. But, Nash contract scares me.

Not that I'm against Lucic. Boston has no reason to trade him. But, the Kings need a natural goal scorer.
The Kings also need a guys who would eat babies in front of the net.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Lol if JJ is traded to the Bjs, I see the entire Carter situation happening again.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lol if JJ is traded to the Bjs, I see the entire Carter situation happening again.
i'm fine with them creating a support group here

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I've been throwing around ideas to myself about some kind of package like Bernier + Johnson to the Jackets for something like Nash + Sanford + Clitsome/Savard/Moore. Not that exact trade but something like that, with some pieces added and/or subtracted on both sides.

Wouldn't surprise me to see something like that go down eventually.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
The Kings also need a guys who would eat babies in front of the net.
I guess it depends on who the babies belong too.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
litflyersfan

Philly and LA have seem to make good trading partners wonder if a deal like this would work

JvR and Carle(UFA) for Johnson and one of Penner(UFA)/Stoll(UFA)? Minor pieces can be added but would this be a base for a workable deal? JvR and JJ have similar upsides for their positions. The UFA swap would fill the need for the other team and even out the trade.

I don't see Carle back with Philly next season because high price tag will be pretty high. JJ would take his spot on a similar deal JvR has now. I would prefer Stoll but I could see why L.A. would want to get Penner the heck out of town. Would probably be risky move for Philly trading JvR because it would be the third time in less than a year that the team signed a younger player to a long term deal only to flip him just afterwards. Not actually the message you want to send to your RFAs to be but I would love to get JJ in the O&B.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Emerald Duck

Could always offer up Doughty straight up for Nash, or add some picks (except CLB's 2012 1st rd)

Salaries and contract terms are almost even. Both teams swap stars. CLB could build their future around Carter and Doughty, while LAK gets their top line sniper. If CLB is looking to move Carter, then they can rebuild their entire roster around a young core piece like Doughty and their eventual #1 draft pick. The Kings could trade Bernier for another piece/picks in the offseason.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Philly and LA have seem to make good trading partners wonder if a deal like this would work

JvR and Carle(UFA) for Johnson and one of Penner(UFA)/Stoll(UFA)? Minor pieces can be added but would this be a base for a workable deal? JvR and JJ have similar upsides for their positions. The UFA swap would fill the need for the other team and even out the trade.

I don't see Carle back with Philly next season because high price tag will be pretty high. JJ would take his spot on a similar deal JvR has now. I would prefer Stoll but I could see why L.A. would want to get Penner the heck out of town. Would probably be risky move for Philly trading JvR because it would be the third time in less than a year that the team signed a younger player to a long term deal only to flip him just afterwards. Not actually the message you want to send to your RFAs to be but I would love to get JJ in the O&B.
You're right on the partners thing but we wouldn't want Carle back. Maybe something just JvR and Johnson, with a little fine tuning.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Lucic is exactly what the Kings need.
That's totally right. We have a ton of goal scorers who simply aren't scoring. We changed the coach so the system should change a little bit but we also need guys who change the game. With him and Richards on the same team...

He can help anchor a whole line, like the third line.

Too bad it would take a severe overpayment to get him...just Johnson wouldn't do it.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
Could always offer up Doughty straight up for Nash, or add some picks (except CLB's 2012 1st rd)

Salaries and contract terms are almost even. Both teams swap stars. CLB could build their future around Carter and Doughty, while LAK gets their top line sniper. If CLB is looking to move Carter, then they can rebuild their entire roster around a young core piece like Doughty and their eventual #1 draft pick. The Kings could trade Bernier for another piece/picks in the offseason.

I hope your joking

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
I wish there was a way to get Jack Johnson to St. Louis

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
He will not want to play Columbus.
He may not mind Columbus, since it's pretty close to Michigan, which is where he's from, went to college and loves. He'd mind getting traded during the 1st season of a pretty reasonable contract, but he'd probably get over it soon enough. He'd probably love to be the #1 defenseman in Columbus. In LA, he'll always be in Doughty's shadow. Obviously, that doesn't bother him much, since he signed long-term, but he was the go-to guy in USNTDP, college and internationally, and would probably eventually appreciate being that again, especially in a more open, offensive system (relative to the uber-defensive LA system). It might also help him to get a little back to playing like the force that he was at those levels.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:47 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Would Lombardi offer something like Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Andrei Loktionov for Parise, a 2nd and a conditional 1st if he doesn't sign.

The way I see it, the Kings get their elite winger they've been looking for a while now, add a top 50 pick and a conditional 1st if Parise sign's elsewhere. Having Parise around the organisation for a couple of months can only improve Lombardi's chances of resigning him before july 1st, just like Lou did with IK for example.

On the flip side, we acquire a top pairing blueliner that we've been desperatly looking for who plays a physical style of game and can contribute offensively as well. We also get our goaltender of the future in Bernier and a solid prospect in AL.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post

Not a bad idea to build on. I would want Read coming back too

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

I wouldn't mind a JJ for JVR swap and whatever tinkering needs to be done for the deal to get completed. If there was one place I would want JVR to be successful, if not with the Flyers, it would be with the LA Kings.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I've been throwing around ideas to myself about some kind of package like Bernier + Johnson to the Jackets for something like Nash + Sanford + Clitsome/Savard/Moore. Not that exact trade but something like that, with some pieces added and/or subtracted on both sides.

Wouldn't surprise me to see something like that go down eventually.
I think it will take JJ, Bernier and a 1st to get Nash before the offseason. The market will be a lot better in the offseason, so LA would need to pony up.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think it will take JJ, Bernier and a 1st to get Nash before the offseason. The market will be a lot better in the offseason, so LA would need to pony up.
Keep dreaming. Nash's value is a lot less than most people think.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Would Lombardi offer something like Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Andrei Loktionov for Parise, a 2nd and a conditional 1st if he doesn't sign.

The way I see it, the Kings get their elite winger they've been looking for a while now, add a top 50 pick and a conditional 1st if Parise sign's elsewhere. Having Parise around the organisation for a couple of months can only improve Lombardi's chances of resigning him before july 1st, just like Lou did with IK for example.

On the flip side, we acquire a top pairing blueliner that we've been desperatly looking for who plays a physical style of game and can contribute offensively as well. We also get our goaltender of the future in Bernier and a solid prospect in AL.
for a rental.

vomits..........

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Keep dreaming. Nash's value is a lot less than most people think.
That's the kind of package that Howson is holding out for or else he won't move Nash.

And yeah I'd heard Jack Johnson doesn't want to play for Columbus.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
for a rental.

vomits..........
Solid response. Are all your post that indictive of your thoughts? At least give me something other then.... vomits. I'm sure you can put together a couple of sentences to explain why having Parise for your playoff run and around your organisation before anyone else come july 1st would make you want to puke?

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 02-16-2012 at 11:09 PM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:06 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
That's the kind of package that Howson is holding out for or else he won't move Nash.

And yeah I'd heard Jack Johnson doesn't want to play for Columbus.
I doubt if Jack Johnson is not the only high end player that would not like to go to Columbus, who will be in for a long rebuild.

fsanford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Solid response. Are all your post that indictive of your thoughts? At least give me something other then.... vomits. I'm sure you can put together a couple of sentences to explain why having Parise for your playoff run and around your organisation before anyone else come july 1st would make you want to puke?
do you think a rental parise is the same value as nash signed for next 7 years?

because that is the same proposal that is being thrown around by both sides (LA and CBJ) that would land nash.

parise wont fix the offense for this year and highly doubt he resigns if the kings were to trade for him.

vomits.....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote