HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

CHL Top prospects game...Who's to watch?

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Matrix

vCash: 500
CHL Top prospects game...Who's to watch?

7:00 tonight Sportsnet.

Who's to watch tonight? Even though I will try to follow them all, which player should be available when we pick, let's say around the 15th pick.

For sure I'll watch Brassard but most likely he'll be gone before our pick so who's next, if, or course, it means we will go for North American kids.

As a matter of fact it's possible that our 2nd rounder will even be in that group so who are you most eager to see and who will you follow closely???

Rosters are:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...4#rosters.html

Last edited by Matrix: 01-18-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old
01-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Matrix

I think that, from what I hear, since he have no clue what those guys look like, these players should be available when we pick (based also on the last ISS)

Team Orr
Shutron 5'11''D
Sanguinetti 6'1'' D
Emmerton 5'11'' C/LW
Dowzak 6'5'' D
Fiala 6'2'' C

Team Cherry

Wishart 6'4'' D
Ryan 6'2'' D
Weber 6'4'' D
DeGray 6'4'' D
Foligno 6'0'' LW
Stewart 6'1'' LW
Clutterbuck 5'10 RW

Seems that we could be able to grab some nice tall d-men for this year. Though I personally have no idea how physical they are.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:04 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Some guys on defence I'll keep an eye on are John DeGray, Ty Wishart and Bob Sanguinetti.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Chipchura
Some guys on defence I'll keep an eye on are John DeGray, Ty Wishart and Bob Sanguinetti.
What I hear about Sanguinetti is that could he be another Ron Hainsey??? Seems to have lots of talent puck moving wise. But I have no idea about his work ethic and attitude though.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
The Russian D Vishnevskyi (sp) is another one to watch.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
What I hear about Sanguinetti is that could he be another Ron Hainsey??? Seems to have lots of talent puck moving wise. But I have no idea about his work ethic and attitude though.
Whoah, I mentioned the Hainseyness idea in my comparison to Sanguinetti, but that was just a vague impression from watching a handful of Owen Sound games on TV, but mostly studying Ryan and only occasionally noticing Sanguinetti. Nothing solid whatsoever to peg it on except my queasy intuition and a desire to pull a name out of the hat that would connect for Habs fans. I wouldn't want people to go around questioning Sanguinetti's work ethic and attitude on that vague impression, though, that's not a part of the comparison at all. Sanguinetti seems a bit more fluid to me than Hainsey did, and he's not as physically involved as the latter day Hainsey (who at least generally tried a bit to do his job physically, even if it wasn't his forte).

I definitely want to focus on Sanguinetti and the other D in this game, especially Shutron and Wishart too. It's always harder to judge D on TV, compared to forwards and goalies. But D is our clear draft need.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:57 PM
davey999

Jamie McGinn - Ottawa 67's

Old
01-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
I think that, from what I hear, since he have no clue what those guys look like, these players should be available when we pick (based also on the last ISS)

Team Orr
Shutron 5'11''D
Sanguinetti 6'1'' D
Emmerton 5'11'' C/LW
Dowzak 6'5'' D
Fiala 6'2'' C

Team Cherry

Wishart 6'4'' D
Ryan 6'2'' D
Weber 6'4'' D
DeGray 6'4'' D
Foligno 6'0'' LW
Stewart 6'1'' LW
Clutterbuck 5'10 RW

Seems that we could be able to grab some nice tall d-men for this year. Though I personally have no idea how physical they are.
Lets grab Clutterbuck in the 2nd round, he's a Habs fan (my floor mate went to school with him...she says he's a bit cocky though)

Old
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
CLEGHORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
Lets grab Clutterbuck in the 2nd round, he's a Habs fan (my floor mate went to school with him...she says he's a bit cocky though)
I'd much rather see him go to the Leaf's or Bruin's.He's a good player,but can you imagine the name calling that would take place?Clutterbuck.Take out that 1st T and the B,and replace with a couple of other letter's,just off the top of my head,S and F come to mind.

Old
01-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEGHORN
I'd much rather see him go to the Leaf's or Bruin's.He's a good player,but can you imagine the name calling that would take place?Clutterbuck.Take out that 1st T and the B,and replace with a couple of other letter's,just off the top of my head,S and F come to mind.
Fluttersuck?

Old
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEGHORN
I can come up with a whole lot worse than that. Think about taking out the C, the L, and the U, oh and why not every letter in his name and replace it with Tucker?

Old
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Claude Giroux

Old
01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Hey Guys,

I talked with Head Scout for ISS Mark Siedel about the Top Prospects game, funny, but he says scouts don't put any more stock into that game then any other, just says it's nice to have the chance to see them all at one time.

www.sportstalk365.com

Old
01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Hey Guys,

I talked with Head Scout for ISS Mark Siedel about the Top Prospects game, funny, but he says scouts don't put any more stock into that game then any other, just says it's nice to have the chance to see them all at one time.

www.sportstalk365.com
And Kevin Lowe's comments were perfect too, that it gives the GMs who don't get to go around watching all the games a good introductory overview, to put faces with the names that the scouts push across their desks.

Of course, the media and often the rankings people DO put more stock into that game than any other, even if the teams don't, so we always end up hearing about the game, and see rankings that sometimes reflect a performance in the game.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
didnt carey price have an awesome game and his stock went up?

Old
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't think that any of those players could lose something out of those games, you don't play with your regular teamates, you kinda hesitate on giving everything you've got but you still have your season with your team....

But I think that some players were pretty good and that stock could rise.

I didn't watch the whole game, but players that stood out for me (I've watched the 1st, part of 2nd and part of 3rd)

Clutterbuck (wild card, liked him very much)
Wishart (liked him)
Sanguinetti (pretty impressive!!!)
Daniels (goalie)
Little (but he will be gone before we pick)
Burki (pretty impressive)
Weber

Players that didn't stand out much:

Shutron (seemed pretty small out there)
Emmerton
Dowzak
Foligno
Stewart
DeGray

Staal, Brassard and Sheppard didn't stood out when I watched them but you saw some glimpses of what very good players like them could become.

Closed Thread