HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXIII

View Poll Results: What will the sens do at the deadline?
Buy 23 19.01%
Sell 12 9.92%
Nothing 86 71.07%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
yep - see, the way it works is we take on more salary....ie we are doing *them* a favor...

I'm all in favor of Murray getting a ton of fat, overpaid pantloads who's contract expire at the end of the year (or next) in exchange for picks!

We certainly have the cap room to be of assistance to other teams. We can even play them all against each other to get something *more*...
Penner is a UFA, so any "assistance" you are talking about would be minimal, if at all.

That being said, I don't think you understand how bad Konopka is (other than face offs), and I just don't think that would be done.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaFanBen View Post
I have an awful feeling in my gut that Rick Nash is gonna be a leaf. For the sake of the Sens, I hope he stays out of our division.
He's a highly skilled guy but the reality is that he's a 30-40 goal, 60-70 point guy, who has never led his team to anything and does not make his teammates better.

He'd cost as much as Kessel did and it would likely end up being as much of an overpay as Kessel was, without permitting the leafs to acquire a true franchise player. I wouldnt be worried at all if they picked up Nash.

Same reasoning applies for Carter.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

I still think our biggest need is a backup goalie who won't lose us points while we rest Andy down the stretch, now that we've blown the cushion we had built up. The bottom 3 playoff spots are going to be tightly fought over, there's no room to throw points away because your backup just isn't up to the task.

We don't necessarily need Nabokov here, but something. Something.

No faith in Auld whatsoever. I thought we lucked out in the Nashville game, none of the goals against us were particularly good.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
wjhl2009fan

OttawaFanBen
I hope the Leafs get Carter and Nash the main reason is the amount they would have to give up would be huge.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
TSA0402

I'd still be interested in Penner depending on what Lombardi's demands are. If he's looking for even close to what he paid, just forget about it.

Don't like the shape of the top six, but not enough to put futures at play.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Nizzy

Lombardi wants too make a deal lets talk Jack Johnson what would that take?

Old
02-17-2012, 09:32 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
OttawaFanBen
I hope the Leafs get Carter and Nash the main reason is the amount they would have to give up would be huge.
You think so? Every deal the Leafs have made since the Kessel deal it seems they are giving up pennies for dollars.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:38 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
You think so? Every deal the Leafs have made since the Kessel deal it seems they are giving up pennies for dollars.
If you look at the Lupul deal sure it was a good deal but there really not a huge demand for him for other teams.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
If you look at the Lupul deal sure it was a good deal but there really not a huge demand for him for other teams.
Also the kaberle deal was great.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
I know Hedman isn't on the block at all but I really wonder what kind of package we could use to land him.
I'd give up Gonchar, Puempel and our 1st.

Kuba-Karlsson
Hedman-Cowen
Phillips-Lee

And next year :

Hedman-Karlsson
Cowen-Lee
Borowiecki-Phillips

But don't really see the Lightning giving up on a 21 y/o 2nd overall pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Had a dream that we picked up Backes.

Was really disappointed when I woke up.
Ya, forget it

Old
02-17-2012, 09:50 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
I'd imagine Hedman is as untouchable for Tampa as Erik is for us, they don't really have any defensive prospects that's coming after him.. maybe I'm missing someone.

As someone who havent seen alot of Jack Johnson, how would you describe him to me?

Old
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Afro Thunder*

Johnson is kind of like Stall without the grit but much better offensivly.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:15 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
I'd imagine Hedman is as untouchable for Tampa as Erik is for us, they don't really have any defensive prospects that's coming after him.. maybe I'm missing someone.

As someone who havent seen alot of Jack Johnson, how would you describe him to me?
Yeah.. Hedman would cost way - way, way - more than you should pay for a guy like that.

Jack Johnson is talented but very raw, if you get what I'm saying. Offensively gifted, can throw a big hit but if you'd talk to a Kings fan they'd say he's just not reliable enough, and that's obviously not a concern at first but I think the Kings had projected a better development into an all-round defenseman at this point.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Afro Thunder*

So apprently Chris Stewart is on the 4th line.

Get on that **** Murray.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
So apprently Chris Stewart is on the 4th line.

Get on that **** Murray.
So St. Louis will trade him while his value is at its lowest?

Old
02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Tuna99

I'm surprised the reporters aren't "guessing" that Nash has Ottawa on his list. His ex-GM is a scout for us and those connections run deep, so there could easily be contact made to Ottawa to see if we were interested and for sure those feelers are out there because CLB is one of our main trading partners the past 2-3 years probably because we have insider GM info from even though the guy was only an interm GM

I'd say we have the assets to pull it off better then any other team and you'd have to think Nash would want to be in Ottawa with the stability the organization has shown and the coaching staff we have now.

CLB: Lehner, Silferberg, Butler, De Costa, 3rd 2012
OTT: Nash

Basically we are trading them an entire NHL 2nd line, a goalie who could be elite and a 3rd to sexy it up.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Lombardi wants too make a deal lets talk Jack Johnson what would that take?
Michalek

Old
02-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I'm surprised the reporters aren't "guessing" that Nash has Ottawa on his list. His ex-GM is a scout for us and those connections run deep, so there could easily be contact made to Ottawa to see if we were interested and for sure those feelers are out there because CLB is one of our main trading partners the past 2-3 years probably because we have insider GM info from even though the guy was only an interm GM

I'd say we have the assets to pull it off better then any other team and you'd have to think Nash would want to be in Ottawa with the stability the organization has shown and the coaching staff we have now.

Basically we are trading them an entire NHL 2nd line, a goalie who could be elite and a 3rd to sexy it up.
That's pretty bad from Columbus' POV. We're giving up nothing that's proven for a 70 point/40 goal guy.

Quality > Quantity.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
That's pretty bad from Columbus' POV. We're giving up nothing that's proven for a 70 point/40 goal guy.
If is Nash is traded i don't think much in terms of proven players going back will be mnuch what is will be is young players and picks.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post

Quality > Quantity.
True, but at the same time they are probably going to be rebuidling and will want to get players that can step into the line up quickly next year like De Costa, Lehner and Silferberg and Butler can do.

We traded Yashin for basically a completely unproven package and that one turned out pretty good. The Havlat trade did not, so of course it's a gamble.

If they want NHL talent back that's equivalent they should just keep Nash because they won't get a player as good in the deal.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

It's possible Murray could do both. Konopka & Carkner have been healthy scratches & as the end of the season looms ever closer & in the playoffs their enforcer skills become somewhat irrelevant. While they could use Konopka's faceoff abilities they do have other guys who are pretty good at faceoffs as well. The same could be said of Winchester since it seems the younger & bigger O'Brien could easily replace him. I could see Murray trading one or two of these guys for some late picks. He could also add a Ruutu or Hensky if the price comes down or they accept quantity for quality. But as we approch the deadline it seems more & more like nothing will get done.

Personally, I think a good addition would be Kabina as a rental who has the size, experience & good two way play to fit in nicely on the 3rd pairing. He would replace both Carkner & Lee who have been sharing that spot & would add more offence from that position than both Lee & carkner put together.He is big enough & tough enough not to be pushed around & skilled enough to upgrade that position. If he could also add Hemsky or Ruutu without it costing much that would really upgrade the team going into the playoffs & create three or four scoring line possibilities. Just a thought.

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Cowen - Kabina
extras - Boroweicki - Lee

Old
02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Afro Thunder*

Kubina isnt coming here nor are we trading for him, listening to pierre in the morning, he is done, hes fat and slow and doesnt care anymore.

I would rather go after Colorados dman and according to their paper, 3 of them are available. Would like me a Quincy please over that fat lazy old Kubina.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Afro Thunder*

Nooo not Lee, please take Carkner.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:35 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
He's a highly skilled guy but the reality is that he's a 30-40 goal, 60-70 point guy, who has never led his team to anything and does not make his teammates better.

He'd cost as much as Kessel did and it would likely end up being as much of an overpay as Kessel was, without permitting the leafs to acquire a true franchise player. I wouldnt be worried at all if they picked up Nash.

Same reasoning applies for Carter.
I would like to ask you if you know of any other player that has lead a team as poorly managed and run as Columbus to the SCF. Nash hasn't done anything in many peoples eyes because he can't DO everything. Mason had one good year, their D is sub par, and their picks have struggled. I don't think any other player could have done more.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post

CLB would probably want something like Lehner, Zibanejad and 2012 1st.

Last edited by Mercurial: 02-17-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread