HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT #57: Blues vs. Islanders

Old
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
BTW Huskins is now +7 in only 10 games. Which already puts him among the Top 50.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
I wonder how Bishop would play in the Hitch system ?

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I wonder how Bishop would play in the Hitch system ?

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have View Post
Hmmmm.. In the end of the broadcast stream I was watching, Pang was "announcing" the winner of the "Pang trophy" (or something like that, wasn't watching closely enough at that point).

Anyways, I think I was watching some "strange" stream, as they also discussed the shot being aired on saturday just before the game (at least I think that's what I heared).

Found this all bit weird/confusing. Does Pang hand out dolls looking like him often as trophys? And was this event in the broadcast in TV tonight or was it just the stream showing that..?

Don't know am I making any sense, but thought I'd ask about this..as I really am really new in the business, really. Really.
That was probably a Panger bobblehead. He hands out the "Panger Award" at the end of the week. I guess they were filming it early, because I didn't see it and it usually happens on Saturdays.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Hey all, Islander fan coming in peace.

Wow, you guys got a good team. I must say, it's awesome to see STL playing some dominant hockey again. I really think you guys can snag the Cup this year or next.

I love TJ Oshie and David Perron. Truly great players and the future looks amazing for you guys. I also think that Alex Pietrangelo has the potential to be a Top 5 defenseman in this league.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
STLhockey91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post

Wow, you guys got a good team. I must say, it's awesome to see STL playing some dominant hockey again. I really think you guys can snag the Cup this year or next.

I love TJ Oshie and David Perron. Truly great players and the future looks amazing for you guys. I also think that Alex Pietrangelo has the potential to be a Top 5 defenseman in this league.

thanks man! stay classy!

STLhockey91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:

Thanks. You guys have the start of something I think. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that Tavares guy might be half-decent after all

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
The Note
Unable To Even

Man have Petro, Oshie, and Perron been great lately or what?

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
danglzzz

Quote:

Thanks, Isles are a team I like to watch in the east, I think they have a good chance to break out next year. Tavares is an absolute beast, though he seemed off tonight.

danglzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

In a stat that I'm not sure if I should be happy about or sad, David Perron is now 4th on the team in points after tonight

Old
02-16-2012, 11:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

As much as we've all noticed they haven't seemed as dominant since the All-Star break, they're 6-2-0 for .750 points percentage which is above their overall season average (.675) and even above the average under Hitch (.739).

Wild have Koivu back (they lost in a shootout tonight) but they looked somewhat decent in the part of the 3d period and OT that I saw. Hopefully the early start won't throw off their rhythm.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:01 AM
SoulChaser17

I was over at family's house watching the game. We started off poor, could barely keep it in their zone. Then once Arnott scored there was a definite change in the demeanor and energy levels. It was fantastic. They never let up and owned the puck the rest of the night.

Shattenkirk, great goal. He was all over the place too, made some really great plays. Pietrangelo as well, of course. And Berglund was doing nice as well, nice to see him really doing what needs to be done.

McDonald got one! I was so happy when that happened, as I had been waiting for it. Such a beautiful play.

Perron and Oshie hand-eye coordination was splendid. The last half of the first and the whole second period was a blast to watch. The third period was pretty good too, but it was obvious we were just playing keep away. Which is fine. Would have liked to get Stewie a goal too at least.

Amazing game! Wish we could play like this every time.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:50 AM
PogoElGato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
In a stat that I'm not sure if I should be happy about or sad, David Perron is now 4th on the team in points after tonight
He already was before tonight.

42 Backes
36 Oshie
29 Pietrangelo
25 Perron
24 Steen/Arnott

Now it's

42 Backes
39 Oshie
32 Pietrangelo
26 Perron
25 Arnott
24 Steen/Berglund/Shattenkirk

PogoElGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:57 AM
h22prelude93

Complete blowout games like this one always make me nervous for the next game. Looking in the rearview mirror, the Blues are 3-7 after winning by 3 or more points.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Fred Murtz

Most of the videos from the game are up

Still working on 3rd period and pre game. They should be up in the next hour or 2.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spectr17

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoElGato View Post
He already was before tonight.

42 Backes
36 Oshie
29 Pietrangelo
25 Perron
24 Steen/Arnott

Now it's

42 Backes
39 Oshie
32 Pietrangelo
26 Perron
25 Arnott
24 Steen/Berglund/Shattenkirk
Oh.

Still don't know how to feel about it.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:02 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

It is EASY to know how to feel about it. It's freaking great. It's a 67-point regular season pace. He loves the game and he's one of the team's most potent offensive weapons.

Just that he's playing should make anyone feel great, not to mention how productive he's been.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:14 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
It is EASY to know how to feel about it. It's freaking great. It's a 67-point regular season pace. He loves the game and he's one of the team's most potent offensive weapons.

Just that he's playing should make anyone feel great, not to mention how productive he's been.
Yeah, but the fact that he's played so many fewer games than other players and is still that high up is what's saddening.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
That was probably a Panger bobblehead. He hands out the "Panger Award" at the end of the week. I guess they were filming it early, because I didn't see it and it usually happens on Saturdays.
Yeah! That it was! This all sounds much clearer now, as it's not 5am anymore and I have slept at least a bit in the last 24h

Have is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:33 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Yeah, but the fact that he's played so many fewer games than other players and is still that high up is what's saddening.
Yeah but Andy McDonald would have better numbers (and so would Berglund and Stewart) if he hadn't missed nearly all season. Pietrangelo's on pace for 47 and Backes and Oshie are right at 60 point pace, especially if you consider Backes took an assist from Oshie by getting credit for Petro's would-be 11th goal (tying him for all of last year already).

They could sure use more scoring but winning is so much more important than that and they're winning at one of their best regular season clips in team history. It's a special season.