HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Not a chance. Torts isn't going to add a rookie he doesn't know and doesn't trust at this point in the season. And the Rangers aren't going to burn a year off his ELC just to find out if he can help this team this year. The odds are against him making a significant contribution.
If they deem him ready, then he's ready. The ELC wont effect the decision.

You don't know if they will or not.

Its just as much a possibility as the fantasy land idea of dealing for Nash.

But I agree it isn't likely.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Will never happen.

As far as Im concerned, the best option is staying pat

Next best is trading for some depth guys at a cheap price

The two worst options are trading key assets for a big contract or rushing a prospect to fill a need.

There are still questions out there about Kreider's hockey IQ - those get rectified with some seasoning in the AHL.

With or without a big deal, this team should be expected to make a playoff run. Kreider is supposed to come up, with zero experience, and make some sort of impact for that? Thats almost unfair to him. Plus Torts would never play him. Its silly.
in no way is standing pat the best option. They need depth guys

who knows how long Fedotenko is out for? Bickel is playing Forward!, fine for a few games but not the playoffs..........Wolski is the next option and he needs to be a top 6 so he is useless

also Mitchell has been solid but he's better suited as a spare

Stralman is doing great but he is not a top 4 dman, bottom pair sure

sending a 2nd for Gaustad or say a 3rd for Pahlsson and a Zuccarello for a Dman is a good idea

Old
02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
KennyWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
bobby mac on tsn last night said that mdz would HAVE to be a part of the deal in addition to dubinsky + kreider/erixon + picks.
No chance this happens IMO.

Dubinsky + prospect (not named kreider) + pick if it happens

Which I don't believe it will

Old
02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah, again, Nash is a good player but he's not a superstar. I'm tired of hearing how "oh he's never had any support in Columbus, boo hoo"

Gaborik didn't have any support in his first year with the Rangers and he still scored more goals and more points than Nash ever has

Great players, star players, succeed with or without support.

Nash is paid like a star player, but plays like a very good player.

And he's certainly not worth gutting the team over and there's no way the Rangers do that when they've played so well this year as a team. Picks and prospects would be my best offer and if Columbus wants the moon then they can get it from someone else
No, I think Nash is a great player. I just don't know what team would make that kind of deal. For that matter, I don't know that many teams that have the pieces who could make that kind of trade.

02-17-2012, 09:43 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Kreider is supposed to come up, with zero experience, and make some sort of impact for that? Thats almost unfair to him. Plus Torts would never play him. Its silly.
Two words...

Jeremy Lin.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Pizza

This will be an interesting test for this Organization. My opinion is that giving up key pieces of our present, top prospects and valuable picks is a huge mistake.

The team is a solid, winning unit.

Nash has no history of winning.

My guess is that they don't do it.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Two words...

Jeremy Lin.
It's a different game.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
No, I think Nash is a great player. I just don't know what team would make that kind of deal. For that matter, I don't know that many teams that have the pieces who could make that kind of trade.
Well that's kind of the problem...he only wants to go to teams that are good or contenders, but no contender is going to dismantle their team to get him. Maybe LA would pull it since they seem to be underperforming and wouldn't mind a shakeup. Toronto might be up for it as well, but the Rangers, San Jose, or Boston aren't going to tear up their team in order to get him

Old
02-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I don't think Zach has the slightest interest in signing for us.

A more reasonable candidate would be Penner on a one year deal. One year allows us to use the cap space while opening it up in future for a great crop of 2013 UFAs, or contract raises for McD and all the guys who are up.

Nash, nor Parise offer this flexibility.

I will say that the Anisimov trade rumors are quiet, and you have to wonder if the market for him is gone.
I wouldnt be so sure. He already stated a year or two ago that he loves playing in NYC the most and loves the city. It very obvious he does not want to play for the Devils or else he would have signed already. He has no interest in even negotiating.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:55 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
It's a different game.
Tony Amonte. Doug Weight. Mike Richter.

Patrick Roy.

Same game.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:57 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

There are NO questions about Kreider's IQ. On internet message boards, yes. From anyone associated with the NCAA, NHL, Rangers? No.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
nevesis

Quote:
It's a different game.
Thanks for that great insight.

However, you have no idea how one player can step into something and control/dominate/score/lead, etc.

It's a crapshoot. Regardless of the type of game it is, they are individually talented people in the game they play.

No one knows what Kreider could do if he was signed and started playing next week. He could do nothing, or he could turn the NHL upside down like with what Lin did with the NBA.

Its a cheaper option than Nash.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

The most id give up for Nash:

- Anisimov
- Miller
- McIiralth
- 1st round pick.

I think that is very fair. 3 First rounders, and AA.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This will be an interesting test for this Organization. My opinion is that giving up key pieces of our present, top prospects and valuable picks is a huge mistake.

The team is a solid, winning unit.

Nash has no history of winning.

My guess is that they don't do it.
'07 WC Gold and tournament MVP
'10 Olympic Gold

Doesn't count?

He has limited playoff experience sure, but he has played and played well on a big stage. I'm not advocating a trade for Nash but the blatant ignorance is getting tiresome.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:03 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

The one thing I would say in regard to Kreider coming up during the playoffs is that, while I think it's unlikely, he does have experience players against pro players, due to playing in the World Championships. Now, he didn't take a major role there, so expecting him to seamlessly slide into a role in the top 9 is quite an awful lot to ask.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
If there is one thing I am entirely certain of with this club it is that we are not trading Del Zotto.

02-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

However, you have no idea how one player can step into something and control/dominate/score/lead, etc.

It's a crapshoot. Regardless of the type of game it is, they are individually talented people in the game they play.

No one knows what Kreider could do if he was signed and started playing next week. He could do nothing, or he could turn the NHL upside down like with what Lin did with the NBA.

Sorry, but Singn is right. Basketball is a completely different game. 1st round picks jump right in and play fantastic. Hockey is the sport where it is the hardest to crack the line-up and/or do well as a young kid. The transition is huge. Basketball is easy ****. College players jump right in and dominate.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:11 AM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
It very obvious he does not want to play for the Devils or else he would have signed already.
that's not true. the devils don't negotiate mid-season.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:11 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Tony Amonte. Doug Weight. Mike Richter.

Patrick Roy.

Same game.
Not the same game. All of those player came up when the age for UFA was still 31. They all came up when there was no salary cap and players made less than they make now.

Find me a recent example, since the lockout, of any team doing this. There aren't many, I assure you, and that small list doesn't include the Rangers.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:

Take a look at this list. 2008 TOp 50 prospects from Hockeys Fututre. I pickied 2008 figuring most guys on the list would have gooten a shot by now. Outside of top 10, there are no huge studs and many busts. Kreider is ranked 27th best prospect today by this same publication.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...20082650/ation.

Every Ranger website, publication, and fan board is touting this guy to be Wayne Gretzky. If you read independant accounts of him you'll see things like "Will start next year in Hartford", "projects as a 30 goal scorer on the high end".

This has all the markings of an organazation pumping up a prospect above his true worth to create more demand for him. This guy is not considered a can't miss prospect. He has high end skill, but so did Enver Lisin and Nic Zherdev. Of course Gordie Clark loves him, he drafted him.

You always want to hold on to your prospects, but Chris Kreider cannot be the reason you don't pull the trigger on a player that you think gets you over the top (that is a general statement, not specific to Nash).
That would be total lunacy.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

I think Sather and his cronies know what they can and can't do with the cap. If they don't it really doesnt matter because they're the ones making the call and they're not checking HF Boards to learn anything at this point.

I just scared the hell out of myself lol

Old
02-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
so here is my opinion...Nash would be quite an addition to this team, i hope dubi is not part of the trade just because his offensive numbers this season haven't been great...i'd be okay parting with anisimov and feds and then we could bring up a young guy or sign kreider...if the price is too high for nash i wouldnt mind trying to trade for jeff carter

Old
02-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
If there is one thing I am entirely certain of with this club it is that we are not trading Del Zotto.
Agreed. Bobby Mac and Dreger agree as well they said Howson would be interested in MDZ but believe he's untouchable. Which he is, the only way Nash comes to NY is if Sather overwhelms them with prospects and picks. Assuming Kreider won't be moved that leaves Miller, Thomas etc... Maybe McIlrath, I would send them Erixon but it's highly unlikely he's moved not because of his value but the events that lead to him arriving here.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:22 AM
broadwayblue

So it sounds like the Kings might be willing to offer Johnson, Bernier and a 1st. Anyone interested in besting that?

Old
02-17-2012, 10:24 AM
bmw2004

The player that will get them over the top will be:
1) huge over payment (including Kreider, Dubinsky, 1st, and active young defencement)
2) salary cap up to the roof
3) remaining contract for life

Closed Thread