HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hahahahha Yvon Pedenault!!!!

Old
02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Hahahahha Yvon Pedenault!!!!

http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelle...25-144425.html

Basically, his take on the Pacioretty/Perron non-story.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

The "we should've drafted a québécois instead" argument is so dumb.

Always go BPA.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:18 AM
poetryinmotion

hindsight is 20/20, can't believe you dug up a 2 year old article by Pednault to bash him when everyone on this board wanted Paches out of here at the same date

Weak bro.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:18 AM
coolasprICE

does this dumbass have twitter or email?

send the article right back to him

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
It's a 2 year old article, Paccioretty wasn't developing very well early on and Perron was having a great year that season. Perron is still playing great hockey despite his concussion that made him miss all of last year. Both picks have been great for both hockey teams

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's a 2 year old article, Paccioretty wasn't developing very well early on and Perron was having a great year that season. Perron is still playing great hockey despite his concussion that made him miss all of last year. Both picks have been great for both hockey teams
Pacioretty was doing well early, they just rushed him to the NHL.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Pacioretty was doing well early, they just rushed him to the NHL.
Not Perron well and that was my point. Perron developed a little faster, it's not a knock on Patches some just take a little longer to develop. Patches had 11 and 14 pts in his first 2 years, and was being sent back down, while Perron had 27 and 50 pts

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

You should laugh at half of the Habs boards then.

So many were crying rivers of tears from 07-08 on.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:42 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
hindsight is 20/20, can't believe you dug up a 2 year old article by Pednault to bash him when everyone on this board wanted Paches out of here at the same date

Weak bro.
Everyone? Really?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Another reason why we should be shipping out young guys because they don't produce right way, its a shame IMO. All because of the cap, teams want to have their young players playing in the NHL because they have poor cap hits, and when they struggle, everyone wants them out.

Its not just in MTL, its everywhere, look at Toronto and Schenn, and JVR in Philly, these guys are around 22, he should be starting his NHL career, but some ppl think of them as being disappoints already.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

^^this^^

The OP forgot to mention the following information:

- Yvon Pedneault
25/01/2010 14h44

Two years ago I was also "worried" by Pacioretty's play: he reminded me of a boy scout! He sure turned things around.

That being mentioned, is it just me or does Pacioretty seem a little bit less implicated physically since his return from his suspension?

PS Perron is also a very solid player – two great draft picks.

PPS I like Yvon Pedneault!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Joe Cole

I never considered this guy knowledgeable about hockey or tied in with people in the "know" in the NHL.

When he writes an article like that, I sometimes give him the benefit of the doubt, because it is easy to think he is just sucking up to the lowest common denominator of his audience. Who knows if he actually thought that way.

In any case, his opinion or analysis means nothing to me.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Everyone? Really?
I was exaggerating, I didn't want him gone either, but I didn't want to ride the high horse on this one. We're not pro scouts and n'either is Pednault but that was the general sentiment here at the time. It trickled down to the media, either way... can't blame Pednault for that article.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

If Pacioretty scores only 21 in 82 next year, I will go out of my way and dig this thread up.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The story is not about Perron vs Pacioretty 'cause again....Perron is and will be a great player in this league. The real story is about people panicking over a supposed lack of progression or already targeted the guy as a 3rd liner for life. It was the question mark in his draft year, did this guy be able to be a top 6 in the league. But once you draft him, you give the guy some room to perfect his art. And he did. Don't laugh at Pedneault more than you should laugh at Michel Villeneuve who easily 1 year ago, had already targetd Pacioretty, in his own words, as "this guy will NEVER develop to anything more than a find plugger on a 3rd or 4th line". I remember it as it pissed me off so much. Even pure idiots can't make FOR SURE assessments on kids like that. You can think but be sure 100%? Come on.

Anyway, this is one debate I won't have 'cause as much as I'm a Q biased....I'm also a Wolverine bias..... I can't lose!!!!

Now....people should be real careful. A thread like that IMMEDIATELY after a good period makes as much sense as saying right now that Eller was a definite mistake. Makes as much sense to be excited after 1 fine year than to be give up on a guy after 1 bad. I do think that it is a question mark as far as Eller's ability to be a real top 6 offensive player in this league. But I'm not giving up. And still believe he'll achieve it. But we will need to be more patient. For MaxPac, as you know, I have the greatest faith in him....but you have to wait for some kind of repeat to make a final assessment on a guy.

I remember people drooling over the fact that Halak was so much struggling at the start of the year......pretty quiet now are they?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Jumping to conclusions too early when evaluating a player, fans here do that daily, all the time. At least, Pedenault didn't actually make bold statements but rather safely throw suggestive questions out there.

The part that was dumb was questioning Max's talent and comparing him to Perron using "opportunistic and convenient timing".

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Guilliam

The real issue here is that he says he has no talent ("est-ce une question de talent? sans doute!). A lot of people doubted Pacioretty back then and it was ok because he struggled. But to go on and say that a 20 year old kid lacks talent is stupid. So many things can go wrong and it's often more a matter of confidence than anything else.

It just goes to show that we should be more patient and careful before writing off prospects and young players.

We could digg up some very funny quotes from Michel Villeneuve also who said that he would never be more than 3rd liner. The same thing they used to say about Plekanec back then...Will people ever learn?

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

What's the point of bringing back that old story? Most people were thinking the same thing when Max Pac went to Hamilton, that he wasn't the same player and his developement was not going well. But going there made him grow as a player. Nothing wrong with what Pedneault is saying there. I swear this board is filled with kiddies sometime.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:11 PM
wedge

so nobody makes mistakes? I'm sure that every single player you've wanted in your life ended so much better than all the others? I admit it, I wanted Esposito that year. I was wrong.

The problem I have with this article is that it shows, again, that journalists quit very early with young players. If they're not producing at 20 years old, the comparisons start, they destroy the kid, then the youngster gets traded and keeps improving on another team and makes it in the NHL.

What I hate is that there are too many people who believe that crap. When I played Dek Hockey wednesday, the other guys in my team were saying that we didn't draft well. WTF!!! Couldn't be farther from the truth. I tried explaining that to them but their argument were always that Pednault, Raymond, etc... always say that our prospect pool sucks.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

lol he's on TVA Sports. Probably the worst channel in the history of television.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:24 PM
1UP

Man makes mistake in predicting future.

More at 11.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Schooner Guy

During that same 2007 draft when we took McDonagh at #12, Pedneault didn't know who McDonagh was (didn't stop him from slamming the pick because we didn't take Esposito). After siffing through the pages in his media guide to find out who McDonagh was, he mentioned that McDonagh is a Defenseman who will be playing at Wisconsin. He then said that McDonagh would probably be Kyle Turris's (drafted #3 in that same draft) defense partner. Pedneault should not have been the RDS analyst for the entry draft.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote