HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012: All non-credible rumors/trade talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Also...http://www.hamiltonscores.com/2012/0...ds-a-look-see/

Could be a huge factor...maybe we are moving AHL players or does the AHL club require these players on AHL contracts since we are at 49 contracts right now?

also....

******* ******** @***************

IF the deal happens, it will go at (or very close) to the deadline day. Again, Nash will refuse to go to any other team than #Habs.

Man oh man I am so suspicious of that comment. Only an insane Habs fan would come up with that.

Old
02-17-2012, 08:42 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Value gauging time!

These deals would happen concurrently, so you can't give up the same assets twice.

What is Nash's value?
What is Stasny's value?
What is Moen's value?
What is Gill's value?

Old
02-17-2012, 08:47 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post

Chicago might be interested in kaberle, but habs don't want a player in return.
Of course not, it's Gauthier. He'll be happy with future considerations and 5 eighth round picks

Old
02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

If Gauthier flips Kaberle at the deadline I will buy him dinner.

Old
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I'll buy him an entire restaurant if he manages that.

Old
02-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Nash sure!!

But we keep Subban, Pacio and Price

So no Nash in Mtl

Old
02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Nash sure!!

But we keep Subban, Pacio and Price

So no Nash in Mtl
Exactly. It would take a Plekanec, Subban, prospect and pick to obtain Nash's services. I doubt Gauthier wants to do that. The other extreme is dangling Price and the 1st round pick but again, doubt Gauthier would ever do that. He probably wouldn't even receive permission to do a move like that from upper management.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Exactly. It would take a Plekanec, Subban, prospect and pick to obtain Nash's services. I doubt Gauthier wants to do that. The other extreme is dangling Price and the 1st round pick but again, doubt Gauthier would ever do that. He probably wouldn't even receive permission to do a move like that from upper management.
Nash has 1 season... 1 above 70 pts.

And you want to start with Plekanec who has the same number of 70 pt seasons... and then add Subban, Prospect and a Pick for him.

I hope if thats the price Gauthier tells Howson to **** right off.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:11 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Fine, let me rephrase.

We don't have the assets to acquire those players without ripping a hole in our team.

This would look so great

Nash-Plekanec-Darche
Cole-Desharnais-Gionta

Kaberle-Campoli
Emelin-Diaz
Scrub-Scrub

Price
So you're keeping RC as head coach because I see only two forward lines.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:21 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post

And you want to start with Plekanec who has the same number of 70 pt seasons... and then add Subban, Prospect and a Pick for him.

Nash also has only two seasons (his rookie season, and 06-07) where he failed to score thirty goals. Plekanec has scored thirty goals exactly never - not even in the AHL.

Points are not always a good way of determining value. For example 58 NHL players had more assists than Plekanec did last season (including current Hab Tomas Kaberle). 16 players had more goals than Nash (with no Habs in that group).

I think parting with Tomas would be hard. He is a better two way player, but Eller has shown that he is ready to take on some of that role. He is a good passer, but we have lots of passers (Desharnais, Eller, Gomez (theoretically), Leblanc, Markov, Subban, Kaberle) and very few pure offensive goal scorers (Cole and Patches are good, but they do their best work in close, Gionta is closest in stature to Nash but he's second tier). Nash would make everyone on offense better because he'd be the focal point of the defense. Like kovalev was, but with more talent and more consistency.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Seems like this @************** guy is just trying to become Eklund. (It's not hard - make up tons of rumours - one is bound to happen = thousands of people think you're credible)

There is absolutely no logical reason that Montreal would be at the top of Nash's list. We're 5th last in the league, he has no ties to Quebec, grew up a Leafs fan according to many sources on Google. Not gonna happen.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Beakermania*

Nash is better player than pleks, but the point is not so much better that you add Subban, never mind Subban plus prospect plus pick.

Thats crazyness.

Also don't underrate the fact that a C is harder to find than a RW and that Pleks is also a shut down defensive guy.

Also dont underrate the fact that he's 2.8 million more in terms of cap hit.

I do Pleks + Weber or Kristo + 3rd... but Im not doing more than that.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:29 AM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

The only deal I would consider is Plekanec+Tinordi/Weber/Kristo+2012 1st. I'd still hate to see that package go, but I would hate to part with Patches, Subban, Eller, Leblanc, Beaulieu. I still think it won't happen, but if it does, this better be the deal or else we're going backwards.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizniewski View Post
The only deal I would consider is Plekanec+Tinordi/Weber/Kristo+2012 1st. I'd still hate to see that package go, but I would hate to part with Patches, Subban, Eller, Leblanc, Beaulieu. I still think it won't happen, but if it does, this better be the deal or else we're going backwards.
No way am I adding our 2012 first round pick (currently at 5th overall) to a package that already includes Plekanec and Tinordi

Old
02-17-2012, 09:45 AM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Quote:
No way am I adding our 2012 first round pick (currently at 5th overall) to a package that already includes Plekanec and Tinordi
My thoughts exactly. This is why I think we steer clear of Nash. The package I listed above is probably the most favourable package on our part that Columbus would consider.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:

Reading comprehension. I said it would TAKE that package, as in that is what Columbus is looking for right now. They want a package of 2-3 guys plus a pick and they won't settle for anything less. I never thought Gauthier would give this a thought, nor should he.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:24 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Not it wouldn't you are so undervaluing our players its not funny. Subban alone with a pick would fetch Nash.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizniewski View Post
My thoughts exactly. This is why I think we steer clear of Nash. The package I listed above is probably the most favourable package on our part that Columbus would consider.
Your username made me wonder if the Wiz is next on the block for CLB. Nash/Carter already are, wouldn't shock me if he was too.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Dharvey33

Plekanec Subban our 1st plus 2nd for Nash columbus 1st Clitsome.

I'd do this move

Subban >>>>> Clitsome
Nash > Plekanec (a tiny bit IMO)
Columbus 1st >> our 1st
our 2nd to sweeten the spot.

We draft Yakupov we get Nash Clitsome is decent. We play Tinordi next year and Beaulieu is ready in 2.

Yakupov Eller Nash
Desharnais Cole Paciorretty
Bourque Leblanc Gionta
White Darche Moen

Markov Emelin
Gorges Clitsome
Kaberle Tinordi\Oduya jackman
We can get a free agent dman next year jackman Oduya Stuart we would have plenty of cap space.
Price
Sick lineup IMO

They draft Grigensons they get Plekanec and a top dman in Subban.

I'm dreaming here but Yakupov and Nash to montreal would give me a boner for just about 2 years

It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to trade their first pick but they get a top 6 in return plus Subban and Plekanec.

That's a deal that benefits both team if you ask me.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Andros777

I would not give up Subban. I don't want to be going forward without a top four offensive defenseman on this team. That's never pretty.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Quote:
I'll buy him an entire restaurant if he manages that.
according to some he is a great 50pts d-men just getting # 6 minutes, that is all

Old
02-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Reading comprehension. I said it would TAKE that package, as in that is what Columbus is looking for right now. They want a package of 2-3 guys plus a pick and they won't settle for anything less. I never thought Gauthier would give this a thought, nor should he.
I realize you were saying you believe that Gauthier wouldnt do that.

I'm just saying that if thats the Price, Howson will have a hell of a time finding a buyer.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
i'm skeptical that they will get anywhere near that kind of return.

As talented as Nash is, he has a very big cap hit @ 7.8M$, and he's owed ~48M$ on the remaining years of his deal.

Teams that have the ownership backing/$$ to take on that kind of salary, generally don't have the cap space to accommodate adding ~8M$ on one player (who isn't a dominating presence the way a Crosby/Malkin/Datsyuk would be).

Teams that have the cap space, generally don't have the ownership/$$ to take on a 50M$ financial commitment to one player.

will be very interesting to see how it plays out, but those reasons alone should thin out the potential "buyer" market for him pretty considerably (not too mention his NTC implications), leaving Howson in a less-than-ideal negotiating position.

what cap spending team is going to give up more than 1 quality young/affordable NHL assets like Patches/Subban, thus both weakening their NHL depth (and the supporting cast for their new "star) while making it tougher for them to bolster that depth with their limited remaining cap space?

Any deal like that would almost demand that a big contract on an underperforming veteran is included in the mix going back to CBJ.

if we are in the sweepstakes, I would imagine/want our "bid" to be something like:

2012 1st (protected, 2013 1st if 2012 = top 5 pick)
Pacioretty
Diaz or Weber
Gomez

for

Nash
2nd

Old
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Plekanec Subban our 1st plus 2nd for Nash columbus 1st Clitsome.

I'd do this move

Subban >>>>> Clitsome
Nash > Plekanec (a tiny bit IMO)
Columbus 1st >>>>>>> our 1st
our 2nd to sweeten the spot.

We draft Yakupov we get Nash Clitsome is decent. We play Tinordi next year and Beaulieu is ready in 2.

Yakupov Eller Nash
Desharnais Cole Paciorretty
Bourque Leblanc Gionta
White Darche Moen

Markov Emelin
Gorges Clitsome
Kaberle Tinordi\Oduya jackman
We can get a free agent dman next year jackman Oduya Stuart we would have plenty of cap space.
Price
Sick lineup IMO

They draft Grigensons they get Plekanec and a top dman in Subban.

I'm dreaming here but Yakupov and Nash to montreal would give me a boner for just about 2 years

It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to trade their first pick but they get a top 6 in return plus Subban and Plekanec.

That's a deal that benefits both team if you ask me.
lollll
not at all
havng 1st overall is way more valuable than getting the 6-7th pick

Old
02-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
lollll
not at all
havng 1st overall is way more valuable than getting the 6-7th pick
yeah but Subban Plekanec and our 2nd is a lot more valuable than Nash and Clitsome.

Subban plekanec and our 1st would net us a elite player(I'm talking Ovechkin backstrom Giroux) no doubt if the teams was selling.

The only incentive in trading for nash is to get a top prospect back if we are to give up our two way center and our top dman.

Closed Thread