HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Continue..........

Old
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Buccigross is an ass. A smelly one at that.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

10.27% Kreider is traded.

Following in the footsteps of that ESPN "reporter".

Old
02-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Posted this in the other thread before it got locked.

Could something like McI, Kredier OR Thomas, 1st round pick, Anisimov OR Dubi, and Chad Johnson get it done?

Old
02-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
yes

Looks pretty obvious that he's putting forth his opinion as some stuff based on facts or sources.
Exactly. And he's getting called out on it and proceeds to act like a 5 year old, blocking Rangers fans on twitter and chirping back.

The guy is a Bruins fan and an ESPN anchor, columnist. What sources does he have within our team? Zero. How many people REALLY know what's going on upstairs with the Rangers? Not many. There's very few leaks with the Rangers. If it happens, it comes from agents or the other teams. Sather and staff keeps everything pretty tight to the vest.

Old
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Buccigross is an ass. A smelly one at that.
Still no reply to my tweet "Really glad you're not the Ranger's GM. You'd hamstring them for another decade." Guess he ran out of "A" material...

Old
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post

Could something like McI, Kredier OR Thomas, 1st round pick, Anisimov OR Dubi, and Chad Johnson get it done?
I'd probably do Johnson, Dubi, 1st, and Thomas. But would Columbus? I hope haha

Old
02-17-2012, 01:02 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I assume you'd pass because of cap implications, correct? Cuz getting Nash for McI, Anisimov, Johnson and a 1st would be larceny.
Columbus would take Kreider over McIlrath. And likely Dubinsky over Anisimov. So the deal would be Kreider, Dubinksy, Johnson and a 1st for Nash. If Nash made 2M, or even 1.5M less, it would be easier to swallow. But taking on a 7.8M salary is a bit of a concern considering the impending CBA issues.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post

WAY too much.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Vitto79

80% is a little insane........only way he is moved at all is for Nash and thats still a long shot

although Dubi and 4.2 million with Wolski at 3.8 clears 8 million and well there is Mr Nash

If they can trade a 1st with Thomas and McIlrath as the other pieces I think Sather does the deal..........if its Kreider I think he says no and I doubt Erixon is moved after just getting here

also pick up Sammy Pahlsson in the deal

Nash, Richards, Callahan
Anisimov, Stepan, Gaborik
Hagelin, Boyle, Prust
Rupp, Pahlsson, Fedotenko/Mitchell

Old
02-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Wasn't Buccigross the first one to report that Staal would be playing in the WC?
although I still find his reports strange.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Bucci is a jerk. Pretty much end of story.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by glees68 View Post
I'd probably do Johnson, Dubi, 1st, and Thomas. But would Columbus? I hope haha
I hope not. I really can't wait for the trade deadline to be over with.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:06 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Stanley Cup is all I care about. If adding Rick Nash helps us winning it in the next 3 years or better yet NOW, that's all there is to it.

(and honestly, what the hell do you know about Kreiders production? Who ****ing KNOWS what he will produce? We KNOW what Nash will produce)
We do? A lot of people thought we were adding a 30+ goal scorer, when Robitaille was acquired, and in his 2nd year, he played next to the greatest passer of all-time and still spit the bit. You have no idea how players will perform in NY, and Nash has a reputation of being very comfortable outside of the spotlight. And, again, it's not Nash-for-Kreider straight up. There are other assets being asked for in addition to Kreider.

This much I know...the reports I've read regarding what the Rangers anticipate for Kreider is that he can step in to the top 6 as early as next year and be a 20-goal scorer, and that, he can be a consistent 30 goal scorer in his prime, which essentially what Nash is now. And, for the first 5-7 years of that time, he'll be doing it very inexpensively, which is ridiculously important in the salary cap era.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
Still no reply to my tweet "Really glad you're not the Ranger's GM. You'd hamstring them for another decade." Guess he ran out of "A" material...
Still no reply to this tweet from me either:

"@Buccigross @JRendfeld Bucci, I like you, but why the need to push Ranger fans' buttons? How's the article about Rangers needing to rebuild? Is that how @buccigross thinks?" (Rendfield tweeted Bucci that he'd rather have Kubina than Nash, to take some minutes away from Girardi and McDonagh, who are going to get tired as the season concludes.)

This is what Bucci tweeted back to Rendfeld, leading me to tweet the above to Bucci:

"@JRendfeld: @Buccigross rangers need Kubina more than Nash"---This is how Ranger fans think. #onecupinseventytwoyears

What a ****ing *****.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
80% is a little insane........only way he is moved at all is for Nash and thats still a long shot
or theoretically carter or ryan. both long shots right now.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:08 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
We do? A lot of people thought we were adding a 30+ goal scorer, when Robitaille was acquired, and in his 2nd year, he played next to the greatest passer of all-time and still spit the bit. You have no idea how players will perform in NY, and Nash has a reputation of being very comfortable outside of the spotlight. And, again, it's not Nash-for-Kreider straight up. There are other assets being asked for in addition to Kreider.

This much I know...the reports I've read regarding what the Rangers anticipate for Kreider is that he can step in to the top 6 as early as next year and be a 20-goal scorer, and that, he can be a consistent 30 goal scorer in his prime, which essentially what Nash is now. And, for the first 5-7 years of that time, he'll be doing it very inexpensively, which is ridiculously important in the salary cap era.
How quickly the past is forgotten.

RANGERS =
Old
02-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Rangerfan4life90

I actually like Nash, but that cap hit is just a killer. 7.8 for 8 more years???

It's the only reason I won't do the deal. Give me Carter for probably lesser assets

Old
02-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Guys, you all read that wrong.

80% chance Dubi is traded by the deadline*

*#notintendedtobeafactualstatement

Old
02-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Still no reply to this tweet from me either:

"@Buccigross @JRendfeld Bucci, I like you, but why the need to push Ranger fans' buttons? How's the article about Rangers needing to rebuild? Is that how @buccigross thinks?" (Rendfield tweeted Bucci that he'd rather have Kubina than Nash, to take some minutes away from Girardi and McDonagh, who are going to get tired as the season concludes.)

This is what Bucci tweeted back to Rendfeld, leading me to tweet the above to Bucci:

"@JRendfeld: @Buccigross rangers need Kubina more than Nash"---This is how Ranger fans think. #onecupinseventytwoyears

What a ****ing *****.
Do it with me guys: *******! *******!

Old
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I seem to remember an interview with Nash saying he'd like to stay in Columbus because he can quietly go about his business and there's less pressure. That's he reverse opposite of what will happen in NY. We fans will make it known when players aren't performing up to par. Hell, last night, here were chants for Henrik after the third or fourth goal.

On the other hand, I'm sure playing for Team Canada in the Olympics in Vancouver is a lot of pressure too.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Is anyone else scared that Sather will meet with Howson during the NYR-CBJ game and try to work out a deal?

Old
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Exactly. And he's getting called out on it and proceeds to act like a 5 year old, blocking Rangers fans on twitter and chirping back.

The guy is a Bruins fan and an ESPN anchor, columnist. What sources does he have within our team? Zero. How many people REALLY know what's going on upstairs with the Rangers? Not many. There's very few leaks with the Rangers. If it happens, it comes from agents or the other teams. Sather and staff keeps everything pretty tight to the vest.
The thing is he didn't say anything that's outlandish in a lot of ways, he just had to spin it like we're idiots if we don't agree with him

Would the Rangers players like Nash on the team? I'm sure they would if we're not taking into account anything else! But players don't make trades (also, players are on record as saying they like the group they have and want to go forward with the current team)

Saying trading an unproven prospect for an established forward isn't anything absurd either.

He just kind of goes off like it's unfathomable that all things considered, acquiring Nash might be too costly

Old
02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

If they have a shot at Parise in the summer than Dubi is likely the guy who gets moved anyway... would rather have Parise than Nash for this teams future.

Best scenario

Dubi to Ducks

Selanne to Rangers

Win the Cup

Sign Parise

Win the Cup again

02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Draft Guru

Dubinsky, Wolski, McIlrath, Thomas + 1st or 2nd
for
Nash

is a deal that I could live with from a value/organizational stand point. Doubt that gets it done, but that's all I'd be willing to move for Nash.

But when you factor in the 7.8M cap hit for the next 6 years and how that will handicap us retaining our own players going forward, I don't want anything to do with Rick Nash.

Pass.

Closed Thread