HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers will miss 06 playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2006, 11:24 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Press It If You Want To - But im Not (Yet)

Press It If You Want To - But im Not (Yet)

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 11-14-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old
01-18-2006, 01:01 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Not trying to be a D here or sound like i am a non fan. I love this time for 30 years and have season tickets and never miss a game. But this team has many glaring holes and they are becoming exposed nightly.

No Powerplay at all teams go to Jagr and with no one to quaterback the point we are doomedm.

Lack of forecheck on top 2 lines. The 3rd and 4th lines hit and got the puck deep but lines 1&2 try to hard to make moves up front and lack a big man in front.

Lack of playing time for a pure number 1 Goalie. Give the ball to hank and let him play 7 out of 10 games because his off nights are better then Weekes game right now.

Lack of Grit up front. I am a huge Colton Orr fan but even i understand that he will not play on this team and definately come playoff time he will never see ice but who will become the guy on this team to go to the net and take runs at the other teams number 1 d-man?

Lack of toughness on backline.

No puck moving d-man for skating out of zone. Haven't replaced Leetch

To many Euro's JMO there but we lack North American Toughness

10 place by end of Feb
What you meant to say was Rangers are not going to win the Stanley Cup in 2006.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:06 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
An 8th place finish would pretty much guarantee just that. The 8th spot will get Ottawa.
Oh really. That's pre-determined is it?

Old
01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
that's not cool to start a thread like that. we all know it's no given that nyr makes playoffs. you'd be nieve to think otherwise but don't blame the euro's. im a north american old school kind of guy as well but you don't need toughness to make the playoffs now a days, you do need it to win a cup, but not to qualify in the top half of the conference no way. like i have said all along, if we don't make it it's because of the olympics and how many key guys we have leaving.

Old
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Nothing is pre-determined. However, the possibility of something occuring and the probability of the same action are two entirely different things.

Old
01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
dedalus

Quote:
The Flyers could win the conference but let's put it this way: considering their performances against both teams, the Rangers would FAR prefer to play the Flyers than Sens.

As for the original point, I think the Rangers make it but if they don't I'm certainly not freaking out. This season was never the point except as a developmental tool for the kids who will be competing for Cups in future seasons.

Old
01-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Fletch

I wouldn't panic either at this point...

they'll win more games, and other teams may not remain hot through the end of the season. It's going to be a dog fight, however, as the schedule gets real tough and in late November/early December, we expected some kind of lull, especially with the competition getting tougher.

Old
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
You Flyers fans have some inferiority complex huh? Yes, if both Ottawa and Philly get healthy (and at about the same time) Ottawa will be the #1 seed. If not and Ottawa will be #2 and Philly #1, I'd rather be at #8 than at #7.

Old
01-18-2006, 08:53 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Nothing is pre-determined. However, the possibility of something occuring and the probability of the same action are two entirely different things.
What you said sounded like you had seen into the future, actually.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Fan-of-#9

With the way the Leafs and the defense is playing these days, everything should be A-OK for you guys in NY.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
mudcrutch79

Link

I calculate playoff odds based on how the team has performed so far and their remaining schedule. I've got the Rangers as a 99% chance of making it-I'd go easy on the panic and hemlock.

Old
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
With the way the Leafs and the defense is playing these days, everything should be A-OK for you guys in NY.
BTW, I think Sundin or someone else really important missed a recent game for the Leafs has he come back, if so when, if not do you know when he'll come back? Just curious.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
BTW, I think Sundin or someone else really important missed a recent game for the Leafs has he come back, if so when, if not do you know when he'll come back? Just curious.
Mccabe has missed a few games, same with Tucker. Both are pretty much day to day from what I know. Although there's rumours Mccabe could be out for a lot longer (ie. 4-6 weeks).

Old
01-19-2006, 05:38 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeComrie'sGhost
I'd go easy on the panic and hemlock.
Mmmmmmmm ... hemlock.

Old
01-19-2006, 05:41 AM
dedalus

Quote:
How so? The use of "pretty much" clearly states that it is not predetermined, that he was allowing for other outcomes.

Instead of pretending he wrote something he didn't, why don't you simply admit you got your panties in a twist because he predicted the Sens over the Flyers?

Old
01-19-2006, 07:44 AM
True Blue

Quote:
What is it that you are looking for? You want me to tell you that the Flyers will finish ahead of the Sens? Ok. The Flyers will finish ahead of Ottawa. Does that make you feel better? Congrats on finishing 1st overall in the conference. Should the Cup be handed over now as well?

Closed Thread