Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To: Anyone All-Boston

Old
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
AV50

vCash: 500
To: Anyone All-Boston

Hey guys! Firstly, I did read the Boston stickied-thread, but I need a little more help.

Without going into much detail, I'm flying to New England for Spring Break, and am looking at trying to get tickets for the game against Toronto. Basically, this day would be devoted to my girlfriend and I, by spending the day in Boston and the capping it off with a Bruins game. And by "devoted", I mean, I have big plans for my girlfriend and I. I'm looking for maybe, perhaps, a more "romantic" part of the city of Boston. Maybe like a cool park or a beautiful part of downtown, just anything you guys would think of as "romantic." If I need to go into further detail so you better understand the severity of my need for advice, I would enter the city of Boston with a girlfriend, and I would leave the city of Boston (after the Bruins game) with a fiance.

One other thing, is there ANY way to get tickets cheaper than $100+ dollars to even sit in the nosebleeds? I mean, as a lowly CBJ fan, I can buy nosebleed tickets for $25.

Any help is appreciated

AV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:10 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV50 View Post
Hey guys! Firstly, I did read the Boston stickied-thread, but I need a little more help.

Without going into much detail, I'm flying to New England for Spring Break, and am looking at trying to get tickets for the game against Toronto. Basically, this day would be devoted to my girlfriend and I, by spending the day in Boston and the capping it off with a Bruins game. And by "devoted", I mean, I have big plans for my girlfriend and I. I'm looking for maybe, perhaps, a more "romantic" part of the city of Boston. Maybe like a cool park or a beautiful part of downtown, just anything you guys would think of as "romantic." If I need to go into further detail so you better understand the severity of my need for advice, I would enter the city of Boston with a girlfriend, and I would leave the city of Boston (after the Bruins game) with a fiance.

One other thing, is there ANY way to get tickets cheaper than $100+ dollars to even sit in the nosebleeds? I mean, as a lowly CBJ fan, I can buy nosebleed tickets for $25.

Any help is appreciated
Propose to her at the game or at the penalty box bar across the street on causeway... Its a very interesting bar that both of you will never forget.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:10 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 167
Rick Nash or No Advice For You!! (said in Soupnazi voice.)

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
AV50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Propose to her at the game or at the penalty box bar across the street on causeway... Its a very interesting bar that both of you will never forget.
I've seen enough proposals at the game.. I want it to be a little more special to her, haha

@BigMeanie, lets NOT make this a Nash thread, but yeah, I'd love to have Rask dont even reply to this haha cause it'll change this entire thread! but fyi- i think it'd be dumb of boston to trade rask. he's gonna be the man one day. like, maybe next year!

Old
02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
sarge88

The north end (Little Italy) is a nice place. Great restaurants and really nice place to walk. It has a couple of small parks that might suit your plans.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I proposed in the common of Harvard Medical school... but it was not so much a random spot.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Yea, that's a very romantic spot. She'll melt and put on the ring on the spot!

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV50 View Post

Any help is appreciated
A nice park not too far from the Garden in Paul Revere Park on Hanover Street in the North End. Or you could walk up Beacon Hill to the tony Louisburg Square. Maybe our senior Senator can serve as a witness. The Public Garden is always a winner for romance. Arlington and Boylston Streets.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:38 PM
dtam83

vCash: 50
not looking good on getting tickets for under $100

but congrats...if she says yes that is!

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Do you guys skate? You could rent skates at the duck pond at Boston Common and drop to a knee on the ice?

Hawgood_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:45 PM
AV50

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Old
02-17-2012, 01:49 PM
JMiller

what Ratty suggested- off of Hanover street by harris.

The public garden footbridge is a good spot too. About 50 yards into the public garden from newbury st and arlington.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:51 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I think they do boat rides down the Charles river, though it might be a bit chilly for that. Friend of mine did it last year with his wife at night, and she enjoyed it.

On the ticket question, prices are high for almost every game now. So you're probably looking at 100 bucks a pop since you'll need em in advance. I wouldn't risk finding a deal last minute.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote