HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXIII

View Poll Results: What will the sens do at the deadline?
Buy 23 19.01%
Sell 12 9.92%
Nothing 86 71.07%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 12:02 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Except that we don't have the assets for that...
You mean after Rundblad and a 2nd pick for Turris, we have nothing left?

Old
02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
These are absolutely ridiculous. There's no way we're getting a 1st and a top 6 forward for an average defensman having a good year. I'd say we'd be lucky to just a 1st for Kuba. I think it would be in better interest to get prospects and picks. Something like:

Ottawa: Kuba

Philly: 4th + Nick Cousins

OR

Vancouver: 1st/ Jordan Schroeder
Not a rumor or anything... But I've heard Schroeders name tossed around in the past for less than that. Apparently they tried to deal him for a pick to get Saad last year and were turned down, so I'd assume thats around 40th pick. I don't think many hockey people regard Schroeder as a very good prospect anymore

Old
02-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Nizzy

vCash: 500
would you trade Penner for hoffman Nashvilles 3rd

Old
02-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
would you trade Penner for hoffman Nashvilles 3rd
That would probably be an over payment at this point. Penner's value is at an all time low right now.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Lenny the Lynx

I hope Penner retires so I don't have to see trade rumours about him anymore.

There is this bizarre obsession with our fanbase - the worse he plays the more people want him.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
I hope Penner retires so I don't have to see trade rumours about him anymore.

There is this bizarre obsession with our fanbase - the worse he plays the more people want him.
he was decent in edm once he got decent coaching and we all know how good he was in anaheim.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:55 PM
bert

Pretty much all of the trade proposals on the last 2 pages are either so incredibly one sided in the sens favor or make absolutely no sense for either team.
Example #1 Northern Neighbours response to a poster suggesting that Greening has as much value as Stewart. Thank goodness some common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
It's asinine to compare Stewart with Greening. Stewart is having a bad season, but he's a young, top-6 power forward. People quickly forget that he had a 28-goal, 64-point season as a 22-year old, and last year he posted 28-25-53 in only 62 games. Greening doesn't have that kind of potential.
Example #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
These are absolutely ridiculous. There's no way we're getting a 1st and a top 6 forward for an average defensman having a good year. I'd say we'd be lucky to just a 1st for Kuba. I think it would be in better interest to get prospects and picks. Something like:

Philly: 4th + Nick Cousins

OR

Vancouver: 1st/ Jordan Schroeder
In what capacity do you actually think the Ottawa Senators are trading Kuba..... They are in a playoff spot he plays the second most of all d men on the team he leads the team in plus minus AND he is the only consistent D man on the team. He is also the best partner the franchise player on this team has ever had. YA LETS TRADE HIM. If anything this team needs not only 1 but 2 more Kubas.

This team more then anything needs another top 4 d man in a defense first mold that can play the right side with Cowen. After that they need another top 6 forward that can create offense and produce consistently.

Well the price tag for the top 6 guy is way too high for a team that has a really good base of young talent. The D man should be addressed, this teams organizational strength at the moment is young offensive forwards and depth bottom 6 forwards, if this team does make any moves thatís what will be going the other way.

The Sens have 4 D men that are bottom 6'ers (Phillips, Gonchar, Lee and Carkner) so they have a surplus of those too.

If they are trading for a big salary player they do have contracts to send back the other way to keep the trading partner above the cap floor (see Gonchar).

Grossman would have been a perfect fit and at what he went for its too bad the sens didnt get in on that deal.

Stewart would be a great fit however St Louis is contending if they deal him its probably for a player playing better then him right now thatís older. The sens donít have any of those available.
Ruutu is hurt, Phoenix is in the playoff hunt so that eliminates Whitney. The only top 6 forward I can see the sens potentially going for is Roy and he is a divisional rival and they will probably get outbid by another team that is closer to winning the cup.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
These two trades only if LA can't get Nash, add pieces to either side to make it even

Sens: Kuba - Philly: JVR

And

Sens: Michalek - LA: Jack Johnson
Why do you guys want Jack Johnson? He is always a minus player on that team with Offense that's not even that "amazing".

Rather trade for a guy like Pitkanen.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:01 PM
topshelfie

Johnson and Pitkanen are different types of defenceman but Pitkanen is also a minus player

Old
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Why do you guys want Jack Johnson? He is always a minus player on that team with Offense that's not even that "amazing".

Rather trade for a guy like Pitkanen.
Is Pitkanen rumored to be on the trading block? JJ is.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
bdp

2nd and Geoffrion for Gill? How much can we get for Kuba?

Old
02-17-2012, 01:34 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
2nd and Geoffrion for Gill? How much can we get for Kuba?
probably the same though that wont help us much for the playoffs which is why it probably wouldnt happen

Old
02-17-2012, 01:39 PM
starling

He certainly has some ties with organization:
Blake Geoffrion - son of former Canadien Danny Geoffrion, grandson of Habs great of Bernie Geoffrion and great-grandson of Montreal legend Howie Morenz

Old
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Pretty much all of the trade proposals on the last 2 pages are either so incredibly one sided in the sens favor or make absolutely no sense for either team.
Example #1 Northern Neighbours response to a poster suggesting that Greening has as much value as Stewart. Thank goodness some common sense.

Example #2

In what capacity do you actually think the Ottawa Senators are trading Kuba..... They are in a playoff spot he plays the second most of all d men on the team he leads the team in plus minus AND he is the only consistent D man on the team. He is also the best partner the franchise player on this team has ever had. YA LETS TRADE HIM. If anything this team needs not only 1 but 2 more Kubas.

This team more then anything needs another top 4 d man in a defense first mold that can play the right side with Cowen. After that they need another top 6 forward that can create offense and produce consistently.

Well the price tag for the top 6 guy is way too high for a team that has a really good base of young talent. The D man should be addressed, this teams organizational strength at the moment is young offensive forwards and depth bottom 6 forwards, if this team does make any moves thatís what will be going the other way.

The Sens have 4 D men that are bottom 6'ers (Phillips, Gonchar, Lee and Carkner) so they have a surplus of those too.

If they are trading for a big salary player they do have contracts to send back the other way to keep the trading partner above the cap floor (see Gonchar).

Grossman would have been a perfect fit and at what he went for its too bad the sens didnt get in on that deal.

Stewart would be a great fit however St Louis is contending if they deal him its probably for a player playing better then him right now thatís older. The sens donít have any of those available.
Ruutu is hurt, Phoenix is in the playoff hunt so that eliminates Whitney. The only top 6 forward I can see the sens potentially going for is Roy and he is a divisional rival and they will probably get outbid by another team that is closer to winning the cup.
So just because Kuba is having a good season we should resign him when we all remember how bad he's been in the past?

The day Kuba resigns with Ottawa is the day I stop becoming a Sens fan. Kuba is absolutely horrible. He's a slow skater, average defensively, and benefits offensively playing with Karlsson.

Kuba is not the reason Ottawa is winning and if he's a UFA in the offseason I say we trade him when his value is highest. He's not an important asset to this team and hopefully not in the long term plans.

That's said this team has commited to a rebuild and I don't see why trading a UFA for a high draft pick or a prospect is bad even if we're in the postseason. I still think even without Kuba we could make the playoffs.

We could always trade Kuba then trade for another defensman who is actually in our long-term plans. Someone like Suter, Gorges (I know he signed), O'Bryne, Wilson, or Johnson (just examples, don't actually want them)

Old
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
Peter Regin's shoulder?

Old
02-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

What's the SP on Sami Lepisto. Seems to have had some OK numbers, could he fill in as a 3-4 pairing? Looks like a reasonable D, UFA at the end of the year.

I just don't see him play a lot. As a left shot I presume he plays on the right.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:35 PM
The Turret
Jšvla grisapa!

Potential UFA to be rentals Murray might go after? Cheap ofcourse

David Jones COL 2,500,000
Mike Knuble WAS 2,000,000 (Was GM said he havent talked to Knuble about trade and don't want to trade him)
Travis Moen 1,400,000 MTL
Jay McClement COL 1,450,000 COL
Samuel PŚhlsson 2,500,000 CBJ
Paul Gaustad 2,300,000 BUF
Dustin Penner 4,000,000 LAK

Only one I'd want out of these is Sammy PŚhlsson and maybe Mike Knuble. Not alot of realistic trade targets for BM to go after.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:35 PM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Excuses.

1) Does he make his teammates better? If he’s a franchise player he should make his teammates better regardless of their ability level. See Jason Spezza playing with Greening and Butler.
2) Does he produce at an elite level worthy of the apparent asking price? Kovalchuk did a much better job carrying Atlanta when he was all alone out there, with just as ****** a management and supporting cast. Same with Jokinen in Florida. He is not a franchise player and that seems to be what they are pricing him as.

Agreed, get on it Murray. This would be a fantastic move. The guy has legitimate skill, could be a consistent 30 goal guy at 230lbs. Can play a physical brand of hockey when motivated and will defend his teammates. We could really use this type of beast on Spezza or Turris’s wing in the North East division.

Everyone seems to be on board with moving Carkner and Konopka, I’m still on the fence, I’d rather keep Carkner as 7th D. I don’t want to see this team get bullied by teams like the Bruins. The best way to be a tough team is to have toughness throughout the lineup as opposed to 4th line scrubs who get benched in the playoffs. Smith and Neil are a good start, adding Stewart would make a pretty tough forward lineup.

His value is at it’s lowest but if they aren’t willing to play him what does keeping him give them?

Re. The Penner “rumor”, posted earlier. Not a huge fan of Penner, but damn the suggested/speculated price sure was right.
Both these guys have done just as much as Nash but I don't think they have done more, Kovalchuk at least had Heatley. Atlanta, Florida and Columbus have done nothing in the post season. And I think Alfie is a better example of a player that makes those around him better. Nash will not be worth what Columbus is going to get but that is the point of trading him, so that other teams will overpay. I do believe Nash will help whoever team he goes to win the cup. And if you go look at the Atlanta's and Columbus records they are very similar though Kovalchuk has better point production.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:49 PM
xVolchenkov

With what NSH, PHI and SJ have given up so far, I get the impression that this years trade deadline might get quite expensive. I'm not looking to sell just to get something in return, but if we're able to get a return like sellers have gotten so far, I'm all for it.

Personally, I have no problem not making the playoffs for 2/3 more years and really restock our team. I feel like a lot of our fans have buyers mentality despite us not being in that position (in my opinion). Sell or do nothing, but I really don't want to give up a lot of assets for the future to build up for this year.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:57 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Potential UFA to be rentals Murray might go after? Cheap ofcourse

David Jones COL 2,500,000
Mike Knuble WAS 2,000,000 (Was GM said he havent talked to Knuble about trade and don't want to trade him)
Travis Moen 1,400,000 MTL
Jay McClement COL 1,450,000 COL
Samuel PŚhlsson 2,500,000 CBJ
Paul Gaustad 2,300,000 BUF
Dustin Penner 4,000,000 LAK

Only one I'd want out of these is Sammy PŚhlsson and maybe Mike Knuble. Not alot of realistic trade targets for BM to go after.
Mike Knooble is a terrible hockey player. so hells no. JimmyOB has eliminated the need for a 4th line centre. The only one that is remotely interesting is Jones, but with But tearing it up, I'd rather not.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:03 PM
sg58

Don't think Kuba is valued as high around the league as Gill is, to be honest.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:06 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Kuba's price wentttt upppp! So did Gonchars!

Yaaa baby!

My dream scenario is we package Kuba/Gonchar+ something for 1st round picks or younger forwards/defense men.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Don't think Kuba is valued as high around the league as Gill is, to be honest.
This is a joke right?

Kuba puts up 3 times as much points and is also strong defensively. I think he can catch us more than Gill.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:59 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelace View Post
With what NSH, PHI and SJ have given up so far, I get the impression that this years trade deadline might get quite expensive. I'm not looking to sell just to get something in return, but if we're able to get a return like sellers have gotten so far, I'm all for it.

Personally, I have no problem not making the playoffs for 2/3 more years and really restock our team. I feel like a lot of our fans have buyers mentality despite us not being in that position (in my opinion). Sell or do nothing, but I really don't want to give up a lot of assets for the future to build up for this year.
This exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Kuba's price wentttt upppp! So did Gonchars!

Yaaa baby!

My dream scenario is we package Kuba/Gonchar+ something for 1st round picks or younger forwards/defense men.
This too

Last edited by SixthSens: 02-17-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old
02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
i wonder if Murray will go after a high end piece in the off season?

Closed Thread