HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Still don't know how I'd feel about it. On one hand Nash would be awesome, but 7.8 awesome I still don't know. We'd have no semblance of cap flexibility.

Old
02-17-2012, 05:48 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Dubinsky, McIlrath, Miller, 1st 2nd

This is fair to me.
I think I would be inclined to keep McIlrath over Erixon but I'd go for this either way. We just need to figure out our 2013 summer RFA clusterfudge.

Old
02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Blueblood9

Stay the course.

The window has just opened on us this year. Why make such an impactful move when the window has just opened. Stay the course this year and make what ever moves neccessary next year.

Old
02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Guys, you all read that wrong.

80% chance Dubi is traded by the deadline*

*#notintendedtobeafactualstatement
Now, #Idonthavethefacttobackthisup but I think Bucci is actually 80% clown

Old
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
HAPPY HOUR

We can jump all over on what we think Slats will do. But there is no doubt in my mind that he will be getting huge imput from Torts on exactly what he thinks he needs to put his team in a position to win this year.

IF Nash or Carter ends up in a Ranger jersey, I believe Torts would have signed off on this..

Old
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Finally, an epic song to commemorate the Rick Nash trade rumors.

So . . . much . . . awesome . . .

Old
02-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think I would be inclined to keep McIlrath over Erixon but I'd go for this either way. We just need to figure out our 2013 summer RFA clusterfudge.

I feel the opposite way; at this point, I'd much rather keep Erixon over McIlrath. I know McIlrath has the physical advantage, but other than that I believe Erixon to be better in most every other aspect. I know we'd all like to have that crease-clearing, nasty defenseman, but it seems to me that Erixon is much more promising at this point.

Last edited by Dantes19: 02-17-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo fixed
Old
02-17-2012, 06:14 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Even if you just trade Dubi and prospect for him you end up jeopardizing resigning the real core of our team in Stepan mdz mcd. I refuse to believe that we would take on another rediculous contract. Haven't we learned you cannot mortgage away your future for success? We are actually seeing our team play te best hockey in years because of youth and development

Old
02-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

I'm 50/50 on this. Just dont give up Krieder and I will be happy.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

That video is so great.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I'm 50/50 on this. Just dont give up Krieder and I will be happy.

Not so sure how happy you'd be in a couple years when some of the core guys hit free agency & that $7.8M cap hit start to become a potential cap impediment.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:23 PM
XLJ

McKenzie said that the Colombus wants Del Zotto in a trade package.
I rather add Carter instead of Nash. He has a lower cap hit and you can probably get him for draft picks and B level prospects.

Last edited by XLJ: 02-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
ThirdEye

What about Zuccarello being included in a package? That could be an interesting addition. Columbus can afford to give him a lot of ice time, so there is a good chance he will thrive over here

I'm fine with letting go one of Erixon, McIlrath, Thomas or JT Miller in addition to Dubinsky or Anisimov and a 1st, but a big NO to McDonagh. All of those players are nice prospects, but I doubt they will ever have as big an impact as Nash would.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I just can't get past his cap hit. For that reason I say no.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:27 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
What about Zuccarello being included in a package? That could be an interesting addition. Columbus can afford to give him a lot of ice time, so there is a good chance he will thrive over here

I'm fine with letting go one of Erixon, McIlrath, Thomas or JT Miller in addition to Dubinsky or Anisimov and a 1st, but a big NO to McDonagh. All of those players are nice prospects, but I doubt they will ever have as big an impact as Nash would.
Your right none of them will have a nearly 8 million dollar impact on the books for a bunch of years like Nash will.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Finally, an epic song to commemorate the Rick Nash trade rumors.

So . . . much . . . awesome . . .
That. Was. Awesome.

Old
Dantes19

Quote:

I can't imagine Columbus having much interest in Zuccarello. I'm curious as to why you think they would want him.

Also, do you really want to hang another almost $8 million on the cap for the next 6 years? I know that Nash is a very good player, but it seems like that would create some pretty serious cap problems in the next couple of years. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I don't think Nash is the right option for this team at this point in time, if for no other reason than his atrocious contract.

Old
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
McKenzie said that the Colombus wants Del Zotto in a trade package.
I don't think Sather is going to part with MDZ, although I wouldn't rule it out completely. I guess it hinders on whether or not he believes MDZ can maintain this kind of level of play long term.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Now, #Idonthavethefacttobackthisup but I think Bucci is actually 80% clown
Yeah, pretty much.

It's gotten better but you still have a lot of folks who chase the silver bullet. The idea that that one player is going to bring you the cup. Last I saw, Rick Nash in no way resembles Mark Messier.

His own numbers are decent....but that's about it.

The Jacket have been above .500 and in the playoffs once in Nash's tenure.

Nash has never scored 80 points in a season.

In his playoff career he has 1 goal and 3 points.

He's made a number of statements that indicate he's comfortable in a small market with less pressure

He's a nice physical package, but often does not play up to his size and strength.

His cap hit is substantial. The price to get him would be high.

To many Rangers fans he'd be a frustrating player to watch and could become a whipping boy pretty quickly. For all these reasons and more I would be shocked out of my flip flops if the Rangers acquired him.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:32 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I can't imagine Columbus having much interest in Zuccarello. I'm curious as to why you think they would want him.

Also, do you really want to hang another almost $8 million on the cap for the next 6 years? I know that Nash is a very good player, but it seems like that would create some pretty serious cap problems in the next couple of years. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I don't think Nash is the right option for this team at this point in time, if for no other reason than his atrocious contract.
What would they have to lose with Zuccarello? If he can't crack in the NHL then oh well. He does have upside though

Honestly, I'm not that interested in Nash, but I'm not the one who's ultimately going to decide if he ends up here or not. If he does though, I'd rather see those players go than Kreider, MDZ or McDonagh (god forbid)

Old
02-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Leetch66

I think we could always get out from the Gabby contract after next season is over and we have won 2 Cups ! He might even be movable at the draft...after we have won the Cup . Either way...he will always be wanted somewhere as a gunslinger . I personally would rather have Nash then him moving forward ...

Old
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
What would they have to lose with Zuccarello? If he can't crack in the NHL then oh well. He does have upside though

I don't think that's how a GM would approach the situation, though. If I'm Howson, I want quality players -- players with demonstrated quality, either as a regular NHL player or a prospect. I don't think Zuccarello really fits in either of those categories. I can't imagine Howson approaching a trade from the perspective of 'well, I'll take this guy, what do I have to lose?" Zuccarello's going to be 25 in September, and although that's not old, it's not exactly prospect territory either.

Maybe you're right, though, and Zuccarello is tossed into the deal, but I can't see any significant reason why Columbus would actively seek him out as part of the trade.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
bmw2004

I can't wait till this nonsense is over. Let him go anywhere but here with his salary up to the roof.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Dantes19

It seems to me that Rick Nash is the new representative of "Shiny New Toy Syndrome", just like Bobby Ryan was a few months back. I think that mentality and tendency to think that one more acquisition could lead to a Cup is causing some people to overlook some pretty significant potential downside to a Nash trade.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
bubba5

I would rather take my chances with Paraise over the summer and if that does not work out I bet you Nash is still on Columbus and we can take our chances next year at the trade deadline

Closed Thread