HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicoism's - Thanks for the memories!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
  #326
manisback121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
Now let's count how many of us were around and saw the man playing, lol.

I'll never forget hearing he was traded to Colorado.

manisback121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  #327
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Newest gem: "sometimes you control the game, sometimes the game controls you"



...especially in Soviet Russia.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
  #328
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Peter Elias is quite the hockey player.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
  #329
Volchenkovs Face
Registered User
 
Volchenkovs Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
"If the crease was an elevator you`d have to close the door and say sorry wait for the next one."

Volchenkovs Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:35 PM
  #330
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph stalin View Post
"If the crease was an elevator you`d have to close the door and say sorry wait for the next one."
That was a pretty good one, I'm glad someone remembered to put it in here.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:44 PM
  #331
Lou's Koolaid
I live here
 
Lou's Koolaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KWT660
Country: United States
Posts: 7,773
vCash: 50
Chico said Temmu Selanne has a Chevy Challenger with a Hemi in it. If you know just a little about cars that an epic screw up.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:18 PM
  #332
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,213
vCash: 237
Not for nothing, but my god it was mind-boggling listening to him on the disallowed goal. If he couldn't tell it was a distinct kicking motion after I dunno...the second replay, then he needs to go to Davisvision and get the peepers checked. I love the guy but man, that was the 'most' obvious kicking motion I've ever seen.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:27 PM
  #333
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,213
vCash: 237
On a better note, my all-time favorite Chico 'moment' was when he was getting worried that he didn't see Madden out on a particular penalty kill against the Flyers (I think it was) a few years back, he was wondering about an equipment problem...then wondered again where he was towards the end of the penalty kill and whether there was an injury or what the problem was. Doc gently said 'The problem will be alleviated as Madden comes out of the box now'. And Chico chuckled and said 'Oh yeah'.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:42 PM
  #334
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 16,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
On a better note, my all-time favorite Chico 'moment' was when he was getting worried that he didn't see Madden out on a particular penalty kill against the Flyers (I think it was) a few years back, he was wondering about an equipment problem...then wondered again where he was towards the end of the penalty kill and whether there was an injury or what the problem was. Doc gently said 'The problem will be alleviated as Madden comes out of the box now'. And Chico chuckled and said 'Oh yeah'.
LMAO I refuse to believe he actually did that...but then again it is Chico. He should of the Emmy nod, not Steve!!!

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:44 PM
  #335
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,213
vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
LMAO I refuse to believe he actually did that...but then again it is Chico. He should of the Emmy nod, not Steve!!!
Believe me I remember that well, I laughed my *** off then and still get chuckles even thinking about it. I pray someone was smart enough to YouTube that, then maybe I'll get to hear it again. This was like years ago though.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:50 PM
  #336
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bergen NJ Xanadu
Country: United States
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Not for nothing, but my god it was mind-boggling listening to him on the disallowed goal. If he couldn't tell it was a distinct kicking motion after I dunno...the second replay, then he needs to go to Davisvision and get the peepers checked. I love the guy but man, that was the 'most' obvious kicking motion I've ever seen.
Thank you. I was high fiving the rug rats telling them that this hick town called "Toronto" (a bigger version of Indianapolis) will over turn the call...and this dope ruined the moment. What a moron.

I can't believe he gets paid a health salary and follows the team around North America, staying in the finest hotels and eating in the finest restaurants, only because of people falling for his silly act.

"lol. did you hear what Chico said wrong and mispronounced tonight? hardeeharhar..."

When you win 3 Stanley Cups within 8 years, it's tollerable. But when you are going on 9 (soon to be 10) years since your last Championship, it's no longer funny.

I want real analysis, as to why our goalie was beat with those bad goals and why we lost the game.

That's all.

Muttley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:12 AM
  #337
Semak
Moderator
_______________
 
Semak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,896
vCash: 500
"Henrique outnumbered Beauchemin"

Henrique has pioneered on ice spontaneous cloning.

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:44 AM
  #338
Dr Grant
...
 
Dr Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,332
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Believe me I remember that well, I laughed my *** off then and still get chuckles even thinking about it. I pray someone was smart enough to YouTube that, then maybe I'll get to hear it again. This was like years ago though.
If you can tell me the team they played against, and the year, I can search through my game archives.

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:00 AM
  #339
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
"Henrique outnumbered Beauchemin"

Henrique has pioneered on ice spontaneous cloning.
Maybe that will get him the Calder. Lord knows he could do everything else and the Oilers homers still wouldn't acknowledge anybody but RNH.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:22 AM
  #340
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!
 
njdevils1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North of Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
Thank you. I was high fiving the rug rats telling them that this hick town called "Toronto" (a bigger version of Indianapolis) will over turn the call...and this dope ruined the moment. What a moron.

I can't believe he gets paid a health salary and follows the team around North America, staying in the finest hotels and eating in the finest restaurants, only because of people falling for his silly act.

"lol. did you hear what Chico said wrong and mispronounced tonight? hardeeharhar..."

When you win 3 Stanley Cups within 8 years, it's tollerable. But when you are going on 9 (soon to be 10) years since your last Championship, it's no longer funny.

I want real analysis, as to why our goalie was beat with those bad goals and why we lost the game.

That's all.

what? who falls for the act? idiot half fans sure do. its entertainment to me...i enjoy tuning in to watch my team with what amounts to chico 'sitting with me' .... chico is left bank no doubt in his style but by no means a moron. he's got charm and does a decent job at presenting the analysis. a professional but at the same time a total (loveable) homer.....unlike some ***** from other teams who knee pad themselves for the viewers and team. sure, he gets ahead of himself and rambles at times but his etch-a-sketch skills are best in the business.

personally i watch enough hockey to know whats happening and dont want a 'rule book know it all' preaching all game

im actually curious to to know who you would prefer over him.


EDIT: toronto is not really a hick town....more like a bunch of stuck up self centered pukes. big city mentality, center of the universe, commerce and smog and trafffic. but ya. go leaves go .


Last edited by njdevils1982: 02-18-2012 at 06:34 AM.
njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:41 AM
  #341
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,213
vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
If you can tell me the team they played against, and the year, I can search through my game archives.
I wish I remembered the year, but I'm 95% sure they were playing the Flyers (regular season)

EDIT: Believe it or not, I found the game...it was late November 2005 - and I was right about it being against the Flyers. The surprising part is it was basically on my first try looking - going through Madden's game logs on Yahoo and finding penalties against the Flyers - but here's the proof (from NJDevs)

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.p...ic=22456&st=40


Last edited by NJDevs26: 02-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.
NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:25 PM
  #342
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
So will Rod Perry score 50 goals again?

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:06 PM
  #343
Dr Grant
...
 
Dr Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,332
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
New one from todays game.

"If Zidlicky struggles defensively, the Devils have layers of 'support thing' to help him out"

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
  #344
doc e
Bring Back Yanni
 
doc e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
Zubrus goal

"And he does a back flip that he probably learned in elementary school gymnastics"

doc e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
  #345
doc e
Bring Back Yanni
 
doc e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
"Competer"

Instead of "competitor"

doc e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:13 PM
  #346
doc e
Bring Back Yanni
 
doc e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
Chico's killing it tonight.

doc e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
  #347
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 48,964
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc e View Post
"Competer"

Instead of "competitor"
He must really struggle with that word, I recall him saying something like competate instead of compete once too.

__________________

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
  #348
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 48,964
vCash: 160
"Devils won the period because they didn't give up more than a goal."

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:47 AM
  #349
Flame Demers*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Cangelosi: Is it me or does he never hear the shots that hit the post?

he always says something like 'deflected wide"

he must be deaf to high pitch noises

Flame Demers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:45 AM
  #350
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,213
vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
"Devils won the period because they didn't give up more than a goal."
It actually annoyed me when Chico said 'The Isles are letting the Devils hang around (in the game)'. Oh we were hanging around all right, against a last-place team and fifth-string AHL goalie.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.