HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
(Disclaimer - I am NOT saying I want Nash. I just toyed around to see if there's any way to make it work.)

Trade Havlat, Demers, a goalie prospect (Sateri, Sexsmith or Stalock), and a 1st

FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Jamie McGinn ($1.250m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.600m)
Brad Winchester ($0.825m) / Michal Handzus ($2.500m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.600m)
James Sheppard ($0.725m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Dan Boyle ($6.666m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Jim Vandermeer ($1.000m) / Justin Braun ($1.250m)
Nick Petrecki ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Thomas Greiss ($0.587m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $66,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,564,167; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $935,833

Sign Moore to $1.5m (healthy raise for him) for 2 or 3 yrs. Wingels is convincing me he'd be an effective 3rd line winger and cheap on a 1 yr deal.

Key is to sign McGinn and Braun to 2 yr deals so there's room to re-up them (if we want) - and more importantly, Pavs and Couture - once Boyle's, Marleau's and Thornton's contracts are up. Handzus coming off the books ($2.5m) should free up enough space to re-sign Vlasic ($1.5m raise) and Clowe ($1m raise).

Looks competitive to me for a couple years. Of course, whether or not the other players get upset with Nash having the largest contract is another matter but Thornton and Marleau didn't create a fuss with Heater's contract.
Where is Mitchell? If he goes or is scratched, I am okay with it because Wingels is showing a lot. He seems to have the tweener upside and is gaining more confidence as the games go on.

Nash would be awesome, but only if Havlat goes the other way. If LA goes out and Nash makes it clear he wants to come to SJ, the GM's hands may be tied and a move forced. I have nothing against Havlat or Demers, but they seem to be the most expendable at the time.

I'd rather not move Demers, though, as I like his game and enjoy the physicality he brings. Him and Braun are much different but can be equally important to the future.

Havlat is easy because we haven't seen much of him and Nash over Havlat is an easy move. It's just a matter of what it takes to upgrade.

On the other side, Havlat is almost like getting a late add at this point if he stays.

Closed Thread