HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville @ Detroit - You're going down

Old
02-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Biggun35
Bender

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by budleydudley View Post
Don't understand the logic on blaming the d-man. The play was set up perfectly by Zetterberg's pass and Datsyuk didn't hesitate to move towards the goalie.
Exactly, where's the blame for the 3 forwards that didn't defend a cross ice pass and left the most dangerous player all alone? And why did Trotz have 3 centers out at the same time, could they have gotten confused on coverage?

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:22 AM
AEM6729

Let's not forget that Suter and Weber were on the ice for Detroit's other goal too. Weber is the one that allowed Datsyuk to get that pass off from his belly...dude is on his stomach on the ice and he still passed around you? Embarrassing. And we all know what Suter did on the GWG.

These two have not been playing at a high enough level. I don't know if it's because of their ridiculous TOI every single game, or if they're distracted/disinterested/uninvested because of their contract situations or displeasure with the team, or if they're just not experienced enough to consistently find that second level all elite players hit in the home stretch of the season (and the third level they find for the playoffs), or what. Whatever it is, it needs to change. You can't call yourself an elite defenseman, and demand that the GM make certain moves to improve your team to make you stay, if you're not playing to the best of your ability yourself. When thinking about why we haven't been performing very well since the ASG, I hope that instead of thinking it's because we're missing pieces, Suter and Weber are looking in the mirror a little bit.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:23 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Well ****. That sucked...

Sorry I wasn't around to deal with the troll last night. Had a buddy over to watch the game, and immediately afterwards we had to kick some Wings ass on NHL11

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35 View Post
Exactly, where's the blame for the 3 forwards that didn't defend a cross ice pass and left the most dangerous player all alone? And why did Trotz have 3 centers out at the same time, could they have gotten confused on coverage?
There were 3 centers out there in case people got kicked out of the face-off circle.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:25 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Both DET goals have been on Sportscenter all morning

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35 View Post
Trotz does that quite a bit on important faceoffs in the defensive zone, to guarantee he has a centerman taking the draw. I don't know if it caused problems with coverage. Personally, I think everyone in a white sweater thought the game was going to OT once they cleared the zone and let up. Shame that momentary lapse cost us as it did.

As disappointed as I am with the loss (I'm actively avoiding replays on the sports shows this morning so I don't have to keep seeing that dagger to the heart), I thought the team played well as a whole. The game sure kept me on the edge of my seat, and with the tight checking, I pretty much figured the next goal would be the gwg.

Oh, gotta love Paul McCann's tweets last night.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Both DET goals have been on Sportscenter all morning
You do know, no self respecting hockey fan watches the four letter network anymore, right?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:37 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by budleydudley View Post
Don't understand the logic on blaming the d-man. The play was set up perfectly by Zetterberg's pass and Datsyuk didn't hesitate to move towards the goalie.
Because Suter knows better. If you're backing up in your D-zone facing one of the world's greatest forwards coming in with speed, you do NOT try to match his moves. You back straight up, staying between him and the goalie and you let the gap close down. When he's close enough, you put your body on his and separate him from the puck.

With that said, there's plenty of blame to go around. A simple deep dump would have prevented it. Legwand was napping and let the pass to Datsyuk happen.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Iron Duke

As much as we want to lay blame for that, sometimes you just have to recognize that there was probably only one team, and one group of players, that could pull off that kind of goal at that moment in the game. A few players could be held responsible, but it's probably just more productive to tip our hats to an incredibly clutch goal by one of the game's best, and just move on.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
As much as we want to lay blame for that, sometimes you just have to recognize that there was probably only one team, and one group of players, that could pull off that kind of goal at that moment in the game. A few players could be held responsible, but it's probably just more productive to tip our hats to an incredibly clutch goal by one of the game's best, and just move on.
most level headed thing I've read all day/last night

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Quote:
Yeah but that is kind of like admitting when my wife is right. Sucks but it is what is.

What are you going to do? Stand in the street and shake your fist?

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Jarnberg

Wait so the team scores one goal in a game and everyone is blaming the defense? And not only that but the other team made high quality plays...

You cannot expect to win games with one goal. Our forwards had too many quality chances to score goals and failed. This is what the playoffs is going to be like.

This further illustrates the need for another forward. Sure we've done well offensively this season but the team still needs another weapon to breakaway in games like this

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
.....yup.....sucks doesn't it? Like I said to someone this morning: "That's what happens when you play Detroit. They can do things other teams just can't do."

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote