HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012: All non-credible rumors/trade talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 09:53 AM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Seriously

A team with problem on the PK might be interested.

A 4th would be fair value.
I certainly don't want to overvalue Darche, but.... guys who play on shut down lines and are effective penalty killers who log 14+ minutes a game who are 30+ and only cost 500K are quite valuable in the cap era. For a 4th we might as well keep him. We'd be sending a roster player for a draft pick that won't be anywhere near this club for 4 years AND probably will never be here.

Old
02-18-2012, 09:58 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
I certainly don't want to overvalue Darche, but.... guys who play on shut down lines and are effective penalty killers who log 14+ minutes a game who are 30+ and only cost 500K are quite valuable in the cap era. For a 4th we might as well keep him. We'd be sending a roster player for a draft pick that won't be anywhere near this club for 4 years AND probably will never be here.
This season is.. OVER! There's no reason to keep anyone who is a free agent this summer. If we want them next year, we can re-sign them in the summer. We are not making a playoff run, sorry to burst your bubble.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:03 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I'd rather go after Johnson if we're getting an LA D. Perhaps AK, Moen +. It's pretty clear LA wants to clear some space, and Johnson is a Habs fan who is pretty good.
That Package wont get Johnson. His name is being discussed as LA's biggest bargaining chip to bring back a top flight forward like Nash or JVR.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:07 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
That Package wont get Johnson. His name is being discussed as LA's biggest bargaining chip to bring back a top flight forward like Nash or JVR.
JVR is not a top flight forward.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:11 AM
SeriousHabs

Would LA do JJ+ for JVR?

Old
02-18-2012, 10:12 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
******* ******** @*************** Close
I'm hearing Gauthier wants Blum+Tootoo for Kostitsyn. Trying to clean out the #Preds.
This ******* ******** dude is one attention seeking son of a gun. First he reports that Nash only wants to come to Montreal (Yeah right buddy)

Now this.

What next? Crosby is faking concussion syndrome so The Pens will cut ties and he'll be free to come to Montreal and rescue Hbas manegemnet from a lottery pick?

Old
02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
patsbury

I've read a few trade proposal, if Plek is traded for Nash, you are f**king the bed because you'll have no one to center him. A young center wouldn't be the solution (read Eller and see what happened with Brassard in Columbus). I'd see a line like that:

Nash-Plek-Bourque

With Pac-DD-Cole, that is a sexy top 6. But I do not believe in those Nas to Montréal rumors anyway. Do not want Carter either

Old
02-18-2012, 10:24 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
JVR is not a top flight forward.
Not yet, anyway. Hes still a young Power forward with big upside and a player like Jack johnson would be needed to get him. They aren't trading him for rentals.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:26 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
I agree with this.

What I find most impressive about Darche's PK ability this year is that this is the first time that he's ever been used in that role at the NHL level and he's thriving. In the previous two seasons combined, he played a total of 44 seconds SH/TOI. He may be an old dog, but he's still learning new tricks to keep himself relevant.

The guy is cheap, will never be on a long contract, hasn't complained in the past when he saw reduced ice-time, and is willing to play/learn in any role that the coach asks of him.

I know there's a lot of people that don't see it this way, but if teams are only willing to pay a late pick for Darche, I think it makes sense to keep him on the team through the re-tool.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:33 AM
xduckiex

NHL Wiki on twitter:
#NHL *Rumor*-- #Pens have spoken to #Habs concerning Andrei Kostitsyn.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:40 AM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
This ******* ******** dude is one attention seeking son of a gun. First he reports that Nash only wants to come to Montreal (Yeah right buddy)

Now this.

What next? Crosby is faking concussion syndrome so The Pens will cut ties and he'll be free to come to Montreal and rescue Hbas manegemnet from a lottery pick?
^^ brilliant you should do your own hockey rumours/conspiracy tweets

on a semi related note.

Do the penguins really need crosby to come back? this year they have proven that they are a successful team without him, and may be able to move on.

That said, do the Habs or any other team take a chance on Crosby, with his hockey future in doubt.

Lastly what does it take to get the best player in the league?

Old
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
NHL Wiki on twitter:
#NHL *Rumor*-- #Pens have spoken to #Habs concerning Andrei Kostitsyn.
plzsum 1st round pick.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post

With Pac-DD-Cole, that is a sexy top 6. But I do not believe in those Nas to Montréal rumors anyway. Do not want Carter either
I would love Carter if it weren't for the contract.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
This season is.. OVER! There's no reason to keep anyone who is a free agent this summer. If we want them next year, we can re-sign them in the summer. We are not making a playoff run, sorry to burst your bubble.
Never said the season wasn't over. Said, and explained why Darche is better than a 4th in return

Clearly you have a greater grasp than most on the UFA mentality. Could you give me the stats on players traded away at the deadline who return to their team...

Old
02-18-2012, 10:50 AM
SnapVirus

1st round pick + 2nd round pick (from NASH) + Weber/Diaz + Nathan Beaulieu

for

Nash.

That could be interesting.

Nash - Plekanec - Bourque
Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Leblanc - Eller - Gionta
UFA - White - UFA

Habs will never rebuild from scratch. And the team doesnt seem like a team that wants a top 5 overall pick. So, I think that could be a really interesting options for both team. Because Habs would be competitive next year, and wont be a small team anymore with that lineup.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:55 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Never said the season wasn't over. Said, and explained why Darche is better than a 4th in return

Clearly you have a greater grasp than most on the UFA mentality. Could you give me the stats on players traded away at the deadline who return to their team...
Could you give me the stats on teams willing to offer Darche a one-way contract?

Old
02-18-2012, 10:58 AM
le_sean

Quote:
I'd rather go after Johnson if we're getting an LA D. Perhaps AK, Moen +. It's pretty clear LA wants to clear some space, and Johnson is a Habs fan who is pretty good.
It would take too much to get Johnson IMO.

I'd rather get Greene. I think it's a fair trade AK for Greene.

Greene is 2nd among defencemen in hits. 2nd on LA in PK TOI/G. He's a RH shot too.

If we could go into next season with Gorges-Subban, Markov-Greene and Emelin-Diaz, watch out.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:03 AM
le_sean

Quote:
plzsum 1st round pick.
The draft is in Pittsburgh. People are assuming that the Pens 1st rounder is off limits because of that, which makes sense to me.

Tangradi + 2nd sounds feasible.

I think people on here will be disappointed by the return AK gets. Defencemen with experience are at a premium, forwards in a coach's doghouse are not.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:04 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It would take too much to get Johnson IMO.

I'd rather get Greene. I think it's a fair trade AK for Greene.

Greene is 2nd among defencemen in hits. 2nd on LA in PK TOI/G. He's a RH shot too.

If we could go into next season with Gorges-Subban, Markov-Greene and Emelin-Diaz, watch out.
Kaberle magically disappears? Weber too?

Old
02-18-2012, 11:07 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
The draft is in Pittsburgh. People are assuming that the Pens 1st rounder is off limits because of that, which makes sense to me.

I think people on here will be disappointed by the return AK gets. Defencemen with experience are at a premium, forwards in a coach's doghouse are not.
That would be excellent return for AK... people need to realize AK isn't a hot commodity at all. He might become another Kovalev at best, but he could be in the KHL in 2 years, à la Zherdev.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:10 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Kaberle magically disappears? Weber too?
We can only hope.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:38 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Blues, Nashville, Pittsburgh and L.A. will all be in on Kostitsyn.

He'll be a cheap top 6 forward for them after this season. I think Pittsburgh or L.A. would be a nice-fit as he'd look good on the wing with a guy like Malkin or Kopitar.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Roulin

Quote:

Maybe Pittsburgh's 1st in 2013? Rumour is (according to Grant McCagg) that Timmins much prefers the 2013 crop to 2012.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Maybe Pittsburgh's 1st in 2013? Rumour is (according to Grant McCagg) that Timmins much prefers the 2013 crop to 2012.
I'm sure other GM's have been told by their scouts as well and they don't want to move 2013 picks. The reason we got Calgary's is because the Flames don't have a 2nd this year

Old
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Simon Despres from Pittsburgh

Closed Thread