HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky?

Old
02-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Calad
Section 422

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Islander's fan coming in peace. I'm just wondering what in the world is going on with Brandon Dubinsky ? Unlike most fans in the Islanders/Rangers rivalry, I actually like some Ranger's players. Callahan, he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played, plays hard, hits hard, skates hard, does everything right, and is a great leader. Lundqvist, first ballot hall of fame goalie, what else can be said. Staal, a great young defensman, same goes for Girardi. These are just a few of my favorite Rangers to watch, and wish they were Islanders.

That being said, Dubinsky seemed like a star in the making, in fact, I had some Ranger's friends of mine a couple of years ago tell me they wouldn't trade Dubinsky straight up for Tavares(I'm sure their views might have changed by now). Now he seems like an afterthought on the Rangers team, so many prospects (Anisimov & Callahan for example) have passed him by, and he seems like a shell of even last's years version, which seemed to be his break out season. I haven't watched many Ranger's games this year, so I'm hoping for some insight. Dubinsky is my favorite Ranger's player.
Your friends are homers if they actually felt that way. JT is money

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
And the same board that is going to tear off Torts' head when Biron starts tonight against Chicago...

...and the same fanbase that will crucify and hang Brian Boyle if he hit's the post (but praise a player like Blair Betts).

...and the one that started threads such as King Henrik <<< Prince Chad and Petr Prucha >> Sidney Crosby.

...let's not forget "This is a bad hockey team!"

...you get the idea.
Dubinsky is having the first off season in his career at age 25. He's the perfect 3rd liner and probably a lot more. He's a perfect fit for a physical play off series. He gets traded and I'm as certain as I can be that we will regret it for years to come.

Last edited by Pizza: 02-17-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:51 PM
district9

still have a ton of faith in dubi, he'll pick it up. he's doing a lot of great things, just not scoring. he'll figure it all out soon enough

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:23 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
A couple of years ago, on these boards, I was hoping (key word: hoping) that Dubinsky would be a player like Rod Brind'Amour. Both are about 6'1 in the 200 to 215 ish lb range. I believe they are both lefty shooters.

I am not sure Dubinksy will match Brind'Amour's numbers in his prime. I peeked over at hockeydb.

Dubinsky
Brind'Amour
we'll be lucky if Dubi can match Brind'Amour's retirement numbers, let alone his prime.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Riverdale

I'd hate to lose Dubinsky, he is a great player. He is just having trouble this season in terms of scoring goals

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Crease

Might just be a post-raise lull. I think he's going to kick himself in the pants during the off-season and get it together next year.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:59 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...ely-management

"It happens every year. Maybe with the exception of last year, I feel like I've been a topic of trade rumors quite often. Is it hard? No, I don't think so. Would it be hard if it happened? Of course. I love this organization," Dubinsky said. "I've been here for a long time and put a lot of blood, sweat and tears to this team, so that would be tough. I don't look at it; I don't focus on it. They are what they are, rumors. Until the day (general manager Glen Sather) tells me I'm going somewhere, I'm going to continue to come in here and enjoy every day as a New York Ranger and continue to try to help the team win games."

"The organization has always been in my corner, (coach) John Tortorella and the management and everybody," Dubinsky said. "Listen, it's not like I feel unwanted here or run out of town by any stretch of the imagination."

...love his attitude. I know he's not a captain, but he always seems to be a leader.

02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Crease

Hope he doesn't get traded. He's earned the opportunity to make a Cup run with this team.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:05 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Dubinsky.

GWG.
Game 6
SCF

BOOK IT !

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...ely-management

"It happens every year. Maybe with the exception of last year, I feel like I've been a topic of trade rumors quite often. Is it hard? No, I don't think so. Would it be hard if it happened? Of course. I love this organization," Dubinsky said. "I've been here for a long time and put a lot of blood, sweat and tears to this team, so that would be tough. I don't look at it; I don't focus on it. They are what they are, rumors. Until the day (general manager Glen Sather) tells me I'm going somewhere, I'm going to continue to come in here and enjoy every day as a New York Ranger and continue to try to help the team win games."

"The organization has always been in my corner, (coach) John Tortorella and the management and everybody," Dubinsky said. "Listen, it's not like I feel unwanted here or run out of town by any stretch of the imagination."

...love his attitude. I know he's not a captain, but he always seems to be a leader.
Trading Dubinsky will be like when the Oilers got rid of Graves before he became an impact player...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Trading Dubinsky will be like when the Oilers got rid of Graves before he became an impact player...
Don't even compare Dubi to Graves, dude.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Don't even compare Dubi to Graves, dude.
I second that.

Dubi wasn't traded 2x before he got here and has way better numbers before going into his 5th NHL season.

Last edited by x BEUKEBOOM x: 02-18-2012 at 02:31 PM.
x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Might just be a post-raise lull. I think he's going to kick himself in the pants during the off-season and get it together next year.
No excuses, but I also think Richards getting the A over him hurt his confidence a little bit. He earned that A last season.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
No excuses, but I also think Richards getting the A over him hurt his confidence a little bit. He earned that A last season.
Possibly, doesn't seem to have help Richards out either. Although the goals from him this year have been big and under appreciated by some around here.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Dubi is not the only one who got paid this summer. Cally got paid, and earned a C on his jersey. I don't see him not dealing with the pressure of it all very badly. He's having a career year.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Possibly, doesn't seem to have help Richards out either. Although the goals from him this year have been big and under appreciated by some around here.
I wasn't saying that wearing an A produces points on it's own. Besides, different players react differently. For Richards, it has nothing to do with him as a player or a person. He's established and he's a veteran. His issues haven't arisen from confidence problems. In contrast, for Dubinsky, it's more of a situation where he was the team's leading scorer, best player in the playoffs and a leader in the locker room, but he's still a young guy looking to truly make his impact in the league. Getting the A would've affirmed the confidence that he built. Being passed over for Dan Girardi or Brian Boyle probably would've been fine too, since this is one of Dubi's guys. But being passed over for the new guy in the locker room says something to a guy, even if only subconsciously, that he wasn't good enough for it. Dubinsky would probably never admit this on an intellectual level and maybe he was never even aware of it. I still say it affected him.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I wasn't saying that wearing an A produces points on it's own. Besides, different players react differently. For Richards, it has nothing to do with him as a player or a person. He's established and he's a veteran. His issues haven't arisen from confidence problems. In contrast, for Dubinsky, it's more of a situation where he was the team's leading scorer, best player in the playoffs and a leader in the locker room, but he's still a young guy looking to truly make his impact in the league. Getting the A would've affirmed the confidence that he built. Being passed over for Dan Girardi or Brian Boyle probably would've been fine too, since this is one of Dubi's guys. But being passed over for the new guy in the locker room says something to a guy, even if only subconsciously, that he wasn't good enough for it. Dubinsky would probably never admit this on an intellectual level and maybe he was never even aware of it. I still say it affected him.
I wasn't saying that either. I just thought the idea that it might have helped dubi and done nothing or possibly be negative for richards was interesting. It's all just speculation though, no way to know what would have been.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:14 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Dubinsky has the size, speed and skills to be a top 6 forward but he hasn't seemed to develop the consistency that keeps him in that category.

Clearly his boardwork is a strong point to his game and his ability to get back into the play says alot about his defensive awareness. I think he is the kind of player that most NHL teams covet as he can do most things that a hockey team needs.

I would love to see both him and Boyle getting more Crease time on the powerplay, but if Tortorella decides otherwise I am more than satisfied with Brandon's game this season.

He kills penalties, takes draws, hits both on the forecheck and seals off plays to the wall on the backcheck, drops the mitts when needed, is a decent passer too.

Hopefully Dubinsky has a monster post season campaign so that most of his regular season stats are forgotten

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
Dubinsky has the size, speed and skills to be a top 6 forward but he hasn't seemed to develop the consistency that keeps him in that category.

Clearly his boardwork is a strong point to his game and his ability to get back into the play says alot about his defensive awareness. I think he is the kind of player that most NHL teams covet as he can do most things that a hockey team needs.

I would love to see both him and Boyle getting more Crease time on the powerplay, but if Tortorella decides otherwise I am more than satisfied with Brandon's game this season.

He kills penalties, takes draws, hits both on the forecheck and seals off plays to the wall on the backcheck, drops the mitts when needed, is a decent passer too.

Hopefully Dubinsky has a monster post season campaign so that most of his regular season stats are forgotten
much rather have Mike Rupp or Carl Hagelin in front..Boyle is ok but soft for his size and would get knocked down by the Brian Gionta and Brad Marchand of the worlds..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Aileen C*

He's very good. He's a hard-working, home-grown player. He led the team in goals, assists, and points last season, but is having very bad luck this season. Unfortunately, we only like players who get paid $7.5 million to put up 40 points, rather than $4.2 to put up 60.

Aileen C* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x CALLAHAN x View Post
Dubinsky.

GWG.
Game 6
SCF

BOOK IT !
Let's hope for a trip to th second round before booking SCF 's and what not

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Dorado*

Dubi lacks a good set if mitts and goal scorers instinct . He is a hockey player in every sense of the word other wise but will probably never possess the shooting ability to be that next level horse we desire . Doesn't make him n

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
He's very good. He's a hard-working, home-grown player. He led the team in goals, assists, and points last season, but is having very bad luck this season. Unfortunately, we only like players who get paid $7.5 million to put up 40 points, rather than $4.2 to put up 60.
Bad luck? Really? He was awesome last season, but just can't get his game together this season, that is not bad luck. And I sure didn't see a lot of love for Gaborik last season, since I guess it's him you referring to. This season yes, because he's been the best offensive player along with Callahan.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Watch Brandon Dubinsky.

Where do you see him most often? Behind the net? On the side boards?

All he does is grind the puck on the boards. NEVER see him take the puck to the net. NEVER see him as a net presence.

He's almost forgotten that most goals in the NHL are scored from 3 ft and in from the crease. 25 foot wristers or board play...thats all hes giving us right now.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:00 AM
TheRedressor

Look at Neal, 30g scorer in a career season that is gonna see him put up over 60 points and hes making 5 million. Dubinsky demanded that bloated contract through arbitration and if the organization has a chance to upgrade and add a player for 3.5 million more that is a lock for 60 points in an off year they should do it.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote