HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jack Johnson Might Be Available

Old
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
fsanford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
This is just a question out of curiousness, but you don't think Johnson would be traded for someone like... Carter, Nash or Parise?
Assuming Parise is signed long term.

Other than than Suter from Nashville give me the name of any #2 guy that would be traded straight up for Nash or Parise..

Last edited by fsanford: 02-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.
fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

If only there was a way for Lou to land JJ whitout giving Parise. I know it doesn't do the KIngs any good atm but would something like Josefson/Tedenby, Urbom/Gélinas, a 1st and a 2nd round pick be enough.

I just want a freakin top pairing d-men on my team, is that too much to ask Lou

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:18 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Because Greene is on the ice for less even strength goals against?
And yet, they are even strength partners....hmmmm....maybe +/- doesn't tell the whole picture after all....hmm...maybe? Nahh....couldn't be.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:23 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Assuming Parise is signed long term.

Other than than Suter from Nashville give me the name of any #2 guy that would be traded straight up for Nash or Parise..
I'm positive that the asking price for Nash from LA would be Johnson, Bernier and a pick or depth forward of some sorts. Columbus would probably be willing to send a goalie or depth d-man back as well in that deal.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
If only there was a way for Lou to land JJ whitout giving Parise. I know it doesn't do the KIngs any good atm but would something like Josefson/Tedenby, Urbom/Gélinas, a 1st and a 2nd round pick be enough.

I just want a freakin top pairing d-men on my team, is that too much to ask Lou
Nope.com Parise or nada.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:28 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Nope.com Parise or nada.
I posted a proposal on the 2nd that page that included Parise but a couple of Kings fans weren't at all interested since he's a pending UFA. You can read our back and forth conversation, wich was pretty solid IMO.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
hawkeyguru93

To Colorado
Jack Johnson- 4.36 mill through 2018
Dustin Penner- 4.25 mill through this year
Andrei Loktionov- 820,000 through next year (RFA)
Conditional 6th Round Pick(if Penner Re-signs)
Total Salary= 9.43 mill (Penner comes off books at end of year.

To Los Angeles
Paul Statsny- 6.6 mill through 2014
David Jones- 2.5 mill UFA after this year
Ryan O'Byrne- 1.8 mill through 2013
2012 4th Round Pick
Total Salary = 10.9 mill ** Jones comes off books after the year is done.

Colorado gets a good defensemen to build a solid team around, a strong power forward kind of player that they need (Landeskog is the only one on roster as of now) and a good young player in Loktionov that has potential to be a good nhl player. I can already see the headlines saying the top defensive pairs nickname is Johnson and Johnson haha.

LA gets a top-6 forward, a guy who can put the puck in the net, and a big bodied defensemen that has good strength, leadership and NHL experience, and adds to the draft picks. It also leaves cap room for LA to make a second trade with another team revolving around Bernier in order to improve their scoring even more.

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Cogburn

What are the Kings needs? Last I heard was scoring wingers, or at least top six, and a replacement for Johnson.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:38 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
What are the Kings needs? Last I heard was scoring wingers, or at least top six, and a replacement for Johnson.
Well if they moved Johnson, Voynov would take his minutes for better or worse.

This team can't score. Anyone that can consistently put the puck in the net would be an improvement. They do not need centers with Kopitar and Richards. It's definitely wingers that they need.

danaluvsthekings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
Well if they moved Johnson, Voynov would take his minutes for better or worse.

This team can't score. Anyone that can consistently put the puck in the net would be an improvement. They do not need centers with Kopitar and Richards. It's definitely wingers that they need.
Hear me out now. What if the Canucks traded Schneider to Tampa, say for Downie, Kubina or Connolly or what ever. Without adding any centers or high priced defenders to the deal, and not trying to screw up the cap too much, what about something around Raymond, Downie (a top six winger from wherever, Downie is just my levelling tool) and a pick/prospect?

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
To Colorado

To Los Angeles
2012 4th Round Pick

Colorado gets a good defensemen to build a solid team around, a strong power forward kind of player that they need (Landeskog is the only one on roster as of now) and a good young player in Loktionov that has potential to be a good nhl player. I can already see the headlines saying the top defensive pairs nickname is Johnson and Johnson haha.

LA gets a top-6 forward, a guy who can put the puck in the net, and a big bodied defensemen that has good strength, leadership and NHL experience, and adds to the draft picks. It also leaves cap room for LA to make a second trade with another team revolving around Bernier in order to improve their scoring even more.
Counter proposal. The Avs send Quincey back to LA and we add David Jones in exchange for JMFJ.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Osprey

I was curious, so I looked it up and, for what it's worth, Johnson has had an even +/- since Sutter took over. It's still early, but 25 games--almost 1/3rd of a season--is a decent chunk of the season. It does lead me to wonder if Terry Murray wasn't using him quite right or encouraging the right habits. He was a startling -14 in the 25 games prior to the hiring, afterall. Of course, the whole team played horribly before the firing/hiring and much better after, but better utilization of Johnson, along with other players and a slightly refined system, may've played a role. The point is that, maybe, this is the start of better play for Johnson. It's impossible to tell and this may be just a high to be followed by a low, but it's something to consider. While still not that great defensively, at least keeping up being an even +/- player would be an improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
In response to some of the above touting JJ's merits -- you have to wonder long and hard why a team that is looking to win NOW is willing to part with a big young talented dman -- especially when dmen are so important in the playoffs. When most teams are overpaying for marginal dmen why would LA even consider thinning their blueline?

Unless the sum of JJ's talent don't add up and they think they can have a better chance of winning without his -21 and -15.
It's fair to wonder that if you're not familiar with the Kings situation. Basically, it's as simple as this: they recently signed him to a 7-year extension (knowing full well of his career +/-) and, almost immediately, at the next camp and start of the season, this Voynov kid showed that he was ready for the NHL and might be able to replace much of what they just signed Johnson for (and for 1/3rd of the cost). They don't want to trade Johnson, but Voynov's development suggests that they can.

Even with Voynov knocking, they might not be considering trading Johnson if they didn't happen to have this particular problem of being last in the league in scoring. The direness of that situation outweighs the discomfort of trading a player that you'd rather not. He also happens to be one of the few good pieces that they have to offer for a scorer, so, with a young replacement waiting in the wings, he's possibly available for the right price (likely a top scorer, not just any player or picks). This is no different than it could be for anyone. If the Kings had an up-and-coming power forward winger who hits and might be a consistent 25+ goal-scorer, you can bet that Brown would be available for the right price, too. It wouldn't mean that Brown did anything wrong or that the organization soured on him; it's just team management. Trading Johnson would simply be team management because of a potential replacement waiting in the wings and the dire need for scoring.

Last edited by Osprey: 02-18-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:13 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Hear me out now. What if the Canucks traded Schneider to Tampa, say for Downie, Kubina or Connolly or what ever. Without adding any centers or high priced defenders to the deal, and not trying to screw up the cap too much, what about something around Raymond, Downie (a top six winger from wherever, Downie is just my levelling tool) and a pick/prospect?
So:

JJ

for
Raymond, Downie and a pick/prospect?

If the Kings are going to trade JJ, they need a SURE bet top 6 scoring winger, like a Nash. Of course, the Kings need to add to JJ to get Nash/Parise, etc, but he would be a part of the package. Raymond and Downie are not sure bet scorers. The Kings have enough Raymond and Downies on the team. We need someone who can put the puck in the net night in and night out.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Ginu

What would Montreal have to add to Kostitsyn to get Johnson out of LA?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
What would Montreal have to add to Kostitsyn to get Johnson out of LA?
Nothing... Montreal doesn't have what we need.
It's not that Johnson have to leave L.A.
The point is Johnson would be a available for a high scoring winger and Montreal doesn't have one.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
To Colorado

To Los Angeles
2012 4th Round Pick

way to complicated..............

and no, we don't need a top 6 forward, we need a SCORING WINGER, nothing else

Lombardi would be able to offer Bernier plus Johnson. At least somethign around it.
If we can't a scoring winger for this there won't be a deal

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:36 PM
hawkeyguru93

How is it too complicated it's 3 players for 3 players, pretty much?

Also, Statsny can play the wing. He actually had his best season when he was playing the wing on Sakic's line. And then Jones is a scoring winger as well. One of them Kopitars line the other on Richards line and LA has some solid scoring lines. And then they would still have Bernier to build a deal around if they wanna add another winger but without a deal LA would have their top 2 lines as

Statsny-Kopitar-Brown
Jones-Richards-Williams

Obviously Jones would get bumped by Gagne when he came back but even then Jones on the third line with Stoll is a pretty good third line, scoring wise.

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
I believe that a New Jersey -LA deal would work very well. A deal like;

To New Jersey: Jack Johnson + Jonathan Bernier
To LA: Parise (only if Parise want to re-sign with LA) + 1st + Urbom

I believe that deal would be very good for both team. Since New Jersey are looking hard to replace Brodeur and Bernier would be the answer there looking for. Also they need a top notch D witch they are gettign with JJ. The thing is New Jersey ain't willing to trade Parise since they are in the playoff and making a run for the Cup. So I beleive that Parise won't be traded before the entry draft like Panther's did with Jay B.

Also I truly believe that Columbus would get more suitor by waitting after the Stanley Cup. Since most teams like Detroit,Boston,Flyers doesn't have the cap space to obtain Nash at the moment. So I feel it's unlikely that anything get's done before the deadline. Nash,Parise,Jeff Carter won't get move before the trade deadline.

But I can See Lecavalier or JJ being move before the deadline but who would they get for them?? So the upcoming trade deadline will be very very boring. Only 3rd,4th liner will get traded for depth.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote