HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 01:31 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
If I am Philly dont move either for Nas as well..this guy is a one time 40 goal scorer,60 point player with a horrible salary..then again he has been playing on a bad team..picture putting him on a team with players that can score and feed him the puck,can wind up being a nasty pick up.
He's scored 40 twice.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
More I look at it, the more I wish we were interested in Carter and not Nash.

This Nash thing could really set us back if we give them what they want.

02-18-2012, 01:35 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

You never know - we could be. Weren't we reported to be looking at him a couple of weeks ago? Just because the teams are talking about other players as well doesn't mean it couldn't still happen.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

I am glad a lot of you are coming around to Carter. The dude is CHEAP for what he brings. Get him to a real city with a real team and a real coach and see what he does. Columbus is where people go to get away from the hustle and bustle. He probably not only feels lied to by Philly but just despises playing in a loser environment in a loser city.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Now, with everything said, if we got Nash on the cheap (Dubi, Wolski, a 1st, and Thomas) I'd probably do it. That's too good a deal to pass up.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Only reason I can think of is a Staal replacement were they to include him as a major piece in the deal.

Which is unlikely in and of itself. I get the feeling Sather's offer is still sitting unchanged and he is working on other options ATM.
As do I, clearly Howson has listened to several teams such as the Rangers and hasn't liked the offers enough. So he's trying to push it on Philly. If they bite it's probably a crappy deal for them, but ok for CBJ. So Sather is just waiting if PHI says no Howson revisits the other offers.

Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:

I agree. Buying low on Carter would be much preferred.

JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He's scored 40 twice.
yes,41 and 40...

Old
02-18-2012, 01:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Now, with everything said, if we got Nash on the cheap (Dubi, Wolski, a 1st, and Thomas) I'd probably do it. That's too good a deal to pass up.
****, yeah. Throw in MZA too.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
MAYO

I don't see why you guys would prefer Carter over Nash. At this point in the game, if we are required to give up either A.A. or Dubi and prospect or two, I would much rather have Nash for a great playoff push.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:44 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
I don't see why you guys would prefer Carter over Nash. At this point in the game, if we are required to give up either A.A. or Dubi and prospect or two, I would much rather have Nash for a great playoff push.
The prohibitive cost for Carter is going to be a lot less than the cost for Nash, and his cap hit is $2.6 million less. And, for his career, Carter has a higher GPG average than does Nash. The cost is not worth the difference in the player. That's why many people are more comfortable trading for Carter.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:49 PM
MAYO

Again, you want to bring stats to the table when comparing these two, look at the supporting cast they've had over the past three years, clearly Carter has played with better teams and players, come on!!!!

Old
02-18-2012, 01:49 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The prohibitive cost for Carter is going to be a lot less than the cost for Nash, and his cap hit is $2.6 million less. And, for his career, Carter has a higher GPG average than does Nash. The cost is not worth the difference in the player. That's why many people are more comfortable trading for Carter.
Carter did his damage playing in Philly which is a great place to be a forward. I don't think he's as good as his stat sheet would indicate and if he doesn't work out we'd be stuck with his contract for 100 years.

A potential Carter trade scares the **** out of me.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:52 PM
MAYO

What would you guys think of making a move for a hot hand in Max Pac out of Montreal?!?!

Old
02-18-2012, 01:53 PM
bleedblue94

this is how i look at nash and the cap hit. i think we all agree he is over paid on the cap hit by 1-1.5 mil. the general idea is dubinsky would be included in a deal for nash. dubinsky in my mind is over paid by about 1-1.2mil. now if im going to use that 1 -1.2 mil in over paid cap to the guy who provides what this team lacks. i love dubi but he can be replaced, and beyond that he will NEED to be replaced at some point as our next wave of players come in. this organization will be forced to pick guys to commit to long term and in a cap world i dont see dubi being one of those guys. we have a ton of assets and will not be able to keep them all. i am not advocating throwing assets away just to throw them away, but nash's cap hit really should not stop us.

on a separate note i would much rather ryan and i think its comical how last month no one would trade krieder for him, but now that they see what the market is for 30-40g scorers everyone has krieder included in hopefully proposals for ryan

Old
02-18-2012, 01:55 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

And, assumptions are being made that Nash easily adjusts to playing in New York, which a lot of athletes are not able to do. Nash has a reputation as being a player who prefers to not be in the spotlight. There's no guarantee he becomes any more of a scorer in NY than Carter would be. And, again, less cap hit and less assets for similar results? Why pay extra?

Old
02-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
What would you guys think of making a move for a hot hand in Max Pac out of Montreal?!?!
And why would MTL trade us their emerging best young player who is also cheap cap wise ? Especially since they are rebuilding and he is a core asset

Old
02-18-2012, 01:56 PM
MAYO

Let's not forget that Carter seemed to have locker room issues..... Not what I would gamble on at this point of the season!

Old
02-18-2012, 01:57 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Jeff Carter, like Wolski is a talented but lazy player on the downswing it appears. I can't help but see the similarities, even if his cap hit is good (what is it) and he's cheaper to get, Torts is going to chew him apart.

The guy's on pace for 45 points. Dubinsky, for how crappy he is playing, makes just as much of an impact at the moment IMO.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

And, now that both players are in ideally the same situation, Nash has 18 goals in 57 games, while Carter has 12 goals in 36 games. Again similar production, why overpay for a higher cap hit?

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
The appeal of a Carter over Nash would be not trading Dubinsky.

Old
stan the caddy

I'd prefer the Rangers to stay away from both.

Old
02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Let's not forget that Carter seemed to have locker room issues..... Not what I would gamble on at this point of the season!
all speculation coming out of an organization who had to justify trading the two faces of the franchise since they needed cap space to sign a big name goalie. no one knows what happened in the locker room accept players and coaches. as for the night life comments, i find it extremely hard to believe the great majority of nhl players dont enjoy the nightlife especially if they are single. its more about what they do on the ice

Old
02-18-2012, 02:05 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Jeff Carter, like Wolski is a talented but lazy player on the downswing it appears. I can't help but see the similarities, even if his cap hit is good (what is it) and he's cheaper to get, Torts is going to chew him apart.

The guy's on pace for 45 points. Dubinsky, for how crappy he is playing, makes just as much of an impact at the moment IMO.
goals make more of an impact on the scoreboard. if this team doesnt add another goal scorer they will not even make it out of the conference. regular season hockey is much different tan playoffs. this team has had scoring issues for years and we usually get by during the season, but in the playoffs the scoring issues are magnified.

also comparing wolski to carter is pretty ridiculous. carter has broken 50 points four times, 60 points three times, and 80 points once. wolski has one year of hitting 50 points

Old
02-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
And why would MTL trade us their emerging best young player who is also cheap cap wise ? Especially since they are rebuilding and he is a core asset
See Gomez-McDonagh deal

Closed Thread