HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#58|Feb. 18, 2012|Penguins at Flyers|1:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
They won Black Friday this season.

But the afternoon games have had dreadful results, 3 wins in 12 or something to that degree.
think its now 4-10-1 or so

Old
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsht25 View Post
well whoever lets it happen should be fired the Flyers suck in afternoon games. They haven't won in the winter classic twice or a black friday since Lindros was here and the lasts afternoon gae i remember was boosh winning the shootout over lundquist 3 years ago.
Not that it really matters for the point you were making but, I'm pretty sure they won this past Black Friday game vs. the Habs.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I guess Bob will get the start in Winnipeg because they know Bryz will get heckled.
I hope not.. He has gotten lit up by them..

Old
02-18-2012, 03:09 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Just to lighten the mood...

Who the **** is the towel babe???

I remember when Kane scored that horrible goal to win Chicago the cup, they showed her face and her expression said it all

Oh hey look! Another goaltending story...it's always about goaltending ...

Old
02-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

I was listening on the radio at work and Therian absolutely ripped Bryz a new one after every goal he let in. Was pretty funny. I don't know why people are blaming Lavy, maybe the goalies should stop shots that the other 58 goalies in the NHL make. It's beyond bad right now. They need to improve or get the hell out of town.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:10 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I guess Bob will get the start in Winnipeg because they know Bryz will get heckled.
Which sucks, cause Bob has been ****ing brutal vs them I may not even go at this point, not sure I want to see them

Old
02-18-2012, 03:11 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I was listening on the radio at work and Therian absolutely ripped Bryz a new one after every goal he let in. Was pretty funny. I don't know why people are blaming Lavy, maybe the goalies should stop shots that the other 58 goalies in the NHL make. It's beyond bad right now. They need to improve or get the hell out of town.
What did he say?

Old
02-18-2012, 03:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
When the goaltender isn't making saves, it affects the team in front of him. We know that more than any other teams' fans do. That, more than anything, gets defensemen running around with their coverages because they're doing too much just to make sure the goalie doesn't see a shot, as opposed to only allowing low-percentage plays.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-18-2012, 03:12 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
When the goaltender isn't making saves, it affects the team in front of him. We know that more than any other teams' fans do
Agreed

Old
02-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
What did he say?
I don't even remember. Just rambled on for about ten minutes about him not making any saves. When Wellwood scored the goal to tie it in the second, they were to busy complaining about Bryz to even give my coworker and I a play by play. It was pretty funny. Saunders just screamed they scored and we didn't even know the puck was in the Penguins zone

Old
02-18-2012, 03:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2652
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
What did he say?
Therien made concise and befitting points. The first goal, he described how it is the goalie's responsibility on that play to worry about the shooter and let the d-man pick up the other skater (Asham, IIRC).

Old
02-18-2012, 03:17 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Lavi gets balmed for the lack of defencive system- the team fails to get out of their own zone way too many times leading to chasing the puck and eventual score. When they tightened D last game, they had more time for breaking out of the zone and score.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:19 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
When the goaltender isn't making saves, it affects the team in front of him. We know that more than any other teams' fans do. That, more than anything, gets defensemen running around with their coverages because they're doing too much just to make sure the goalie doesn't see a shot, as opposed to only allowing low-percentage plays.
This is a problem. We did it a lot with Leighton/Boucher in net as well. It helped to have a healthy Pronger back then though.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:21 PM
sawtooth420

Pens fan here...I COME IN PEACE!

I know it was a tough game to watch. Obviously I hate the Flyers, but it's easy to overreact after games like this. You guys are a tough team to play and I imagine your GM will make some moves to improve your team even more, but you guys are scary to play against already. Still got a few games left against each other and I'm sure you guys will bounce back. I know your goalies have had trouble, but if they can pick up their game, you guys will be a force. I love the rivalry and don't let this loss be a huge ordeal. Lots of games left. Every team has off days. The next rematch will be a battle. Just please have Giroux chill out so Geno can lock up the Art Ross and MVP. Til next time yinz!

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-18-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Not needed.
Old
02-18-2012, 03:22 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Was Kimmo benched for the short handed goal?

To clarify: I haven't seen any of the third period. Someone on twitter just said he isn't playing. Benched or injured?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Injured.
Quote:
Dave Isaac @davegisaac
Holmgren says "no injuries." Guess that means he was benched, eh? RT @Dubinsky88: @davegisaac Any word on Kimmo??
Hmm...

Old
02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
JinzoBlaze

anyone have the phantom goalie interference call on simmonds? can't find anything on youtube yet.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

The last 5-on-3 goal against the Flyers was on March 9, 1993 at NYI according to Elias Sports.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:26 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtooth420 View Post
Pens fan here...I COME IN PEACE!

I know it was a tough game to watch. Obviously I hate the Flyers, but it's easy to overreact after games like this. You guys are a tough team to play and I imagine your GM will make some moves to improve your team even more, but you guys are scary to play against already. Still got a few games left against each other and I'm sure you guys will bounce back. I know your goalies have had trouble, but if they can pick up their game, you guys will be a force. I love the rivalry and don't let this loss be a huge ordeal. Lots of games left. Every team has off days.The next rematch will be a battle. Just please have Giroux chill out so Geno can lock up the Art Ross and MVP. Til next time yinz!
Thing is though, as far as the goalies, this isn't just a knee-jerk overreaction. Bryz has been sub-par most of the season, it has actually been an anomaly for him to have a good game. Maybe I am being kinda pessimistic but that is what it feels like.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinzoBlaze View Post
anyone have the phantom goalie interference call on simmonds? can't find anything on youtube yet.
Nope, but he either BARELY brushed him nor didn't make any contact with him.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Thing is though, as far as the goalies, this isn't just a knee-jerk overreaction. Bryz has been sub-par most of the season, it has actually been an anomaly for him to have a good game. Maybe I am being kinda pessimistic but that is what it feels like.
no you are right

Old
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Hmm...
That is very interesting. Kimmo was horrendous today, but that still surprises me.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

JVR quotes:

http://twitter.com/#!/RandyJMiller

On fans booing Bryz: "It’s not just one guy. It’s all 20 of us that have to turn it around."

"I know they pay their money to see the team but you win as a team and you lose as a team."

"“I those guys kind of need to keep quiet."

"I’m not selfish. If (a trade) is to happen, it’s part of the game."

"I pride myself on being a hard-working guy with high character and people say that about you all you can do is laugh about it."

"It’s funny when people question your character who never met you before."

Old
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
StandingCow

I think he kinda has to give those answers.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:37 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Lavy has lost the room... it's unacceptable to play 30 minutes a game and expect to win.
Did he "lose" the room last game ? They certainly seemed to listen to him last game after he lit em up in the room ? I think the REAL problem is pretty simple actually.....Our goal tending duo has ZERO confidence at the moment, which can really be something that can haunt them for some time.....And we certainly had plenty of chances to score more goals in the 2nd especially..Bryz is certainly gripping and for the life of me i will NEVER understand the positioning BOTH our goalies use on bad angle shots....The whole top of the net is open when they crouch down so low on really crazy angles....I have no idea why that nonsense is taught by MANY goalie coaches these days..When i watch the NHL hi lights each night on the NHL channels "on the fly" i see a lot of goals scored on crazy angles these days.....And our goalies are leading the pack in that category.......

Having said that, sometimes you gotta reach rock bottom before you can start your way back up the "confidence" ladder....I am hoping that will be the case with our goalies and defense etc...Just gotta keep on working it out and playing through it,,,I certainly am not ready to "blow up" the team as some suggest.I see Homer making another move this week etc....

Old
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Nash/Mason Combo

Quote:
The crazy rumor going around here is the Flyers may be interested in a Nash/Mason combo package...of course, in order for that deal to be made the jackets would have to take Bryzgalov
EK

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=42306

Closed Thread