HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#58|Feb. 18, 2012|Penguins at Flyers|1:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1183
^ Supposedly, Mason yelled at his coach today after being pulled.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
DumpyD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I think he kinda has to give those answers.
Because telling fans what to do in this city always ends well. I remember Jason Kelce and Evan Mathis being completely embraced when they told that fan to take down a sign.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:43 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Thing is though, as far as the goalies, this isn't just a knee-jerk overreaction. Bryz has been sub-par most of the season, it has actually been an anomaly for him to have a good game. Maybe I am being kinda pessimistic but that is what it feels like.
Its hard to argue this point......When a goalies confidence is shot the first thing they do is start "gripping" a little too tight and second guessing everything....I see that happening with Bryz which i know is probably really eating him up inside....Personally i do not wish bad on the guy or any of that, i am pulling for him to right the ship.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:44 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I don't know what way to go with this.

1. Eklund says its crazy, so it will probably happen.
2. If even Eklund says it is crazy no way does it happen...

Old
02-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold Diamond
He's done

Pens fan here in peace. I'm thrilled with the win, but for the life of me I can NOT fathom what has happened to Bryzgalov. He was great in Anaheim and Phoenix and I thought the Flyers finally got that goalie they've not had since Hextall.

Those first two goals were complete bush league. Is it the Flyers system, or is he not as good as the past few years indicated? Puzzling.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:47 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Diamond View Post
Pens fan here in peace. I'm thrilled with the win, but for the life of me I can NOT fathom what has happened to Bryzgalov. He was great in Anaheim and Phoenix and I thought the Flyers finally got that goalie they've not had since Hextall.

Those first two goals were complete bush league. Is it the Flyers system, or is he not as good as the past few years indicated? Puzzling.
Wish we knew.... some speculate he thrived because of their defensive systems, I tend to agree with that.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:48 PM
JinzoBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Diamond View Post

We def miss prongs out there, but the system has nothing to do with those goals today. Guy has to get his head on straight.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

BRYZGALOV post-game, per Randy Miller...

"It’s easy to find a scapegoat ... ‘We’re always losing because we have a bad goalie.,' but I think it’s the wrong philosophy.'

"It’s an easy life when you can blame the one guy. ‘It’s a bad goal. It’s the goalie’s mistake.’ "

"I’m just trying to find peace in my soul to play in this city."

Bryzgalov post-game audio which includes part of the quotes mentioned -- http://yfrog.com/5gio4zz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIROUX post-game, per Randy Miller...

"It’s not just about Bryz. It’s about the team. A lot of pressure is put on Bryz and it shouldn’t be like that. "

"When we win, you guys like to give credits to the players and when we lose you like to give (blame) to the goalies."

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-18-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old
02-18-2012, 03:49 PM
sawtooth420

Quote:
Thing is though, as far as the goalies, this isn't just a knee-jerk overreaction. Bryz has been sub-par most of the season, it has actually been an anomaly for him to have a good game. Maybe I am being kinda pessimistic but that is what it feels like.
I totally agree that Bryz has had difficulty. But last year MAF absolutely sucked for the first 3 months of the season and we played Brent Johnson over him many times because Fleury was so bad. But he really turned it around and was our MVP by the end of the season. Just saying it is possible for Bryz to figure it out. Look out if he does! Obviously I'm praying he doesn't though

Old
02-18-2012, 04:07 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFlyer View Post
RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!!!

By "release" you mean "waive", right?

Old
02-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

"Itís easy to find a scapegoat ... ĎWeíre always losing because we have a bad goalie.,' but I think itís the wrong philosophy.'

"Itís an easy life when you can blame the one guy. ĎItís a bad goal. Itís the goalieís mistake.í "

"Iím just trying to find peace in my soul to play in this city."

Bryzgalov post-game audio which includes part of the quotes mentioned -- http://yfrog.com/5gio4zz
51 million dollar victim???

Old
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:

"It’s easy to find a scapegoat ... ‘We’re always losing because we have a bad goalie.,' but I think it’s the wrong philosophy.'

"It’s an easy life when you can blame the one guy. ‘It’s a bad goal. It’s the goalie’s mistake.’ "

"I’m just trying to find peace in my soul to play in this city."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIROUX post-game, per Randy Miller...

"It’s not just about Bryz. It’s about the team. A lot of pressure is put on Bryz and it shouldn’t be like that. "

"When we win, you guys like to give credits to the players and when we lose you like to give (blame) to the goalies."

Your turn, Ed.

JVR was supposedly chirping fans as well.

RT @CrossingBroad: JVR says fans just "need to keep quiet up there" about goalie.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
JvR also commented on the fans booing Bryz. His statement won't be popular among the fans
-Leed

Quote:
JVR on rumors: "If [being traded] has to happen, whatever, it’s part of the game. I’m just focused on what’s going on now."
-Bright

Quote:
JVR chirping fans in Philly... Bryzgalov chirping away too... Wonder how much chirping Holmgren's doing?
-Pagnotta

Old
02-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Kaktus*

What did JVR say about fans?

Old
02-18-2012, 04:18 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
What did JVR say about fans?
Some related quotes in #972.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Starting to sound like whatever nagged that locker room was either replaced by Bryz, or wasn't fully removed by removing Richards and Carter. Or both. They're looking for other enemies. In Philadelphia, you get turned on real quick when you, as a fan, are seen as the enemy.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
If Bryz stopped letting in crap goals, the fans would lay off.

02-18-2012, 04:21 PM
MsWoof

If Lavi benched Kimmo after this game he's a ****ing idiot. There are a lot of other guys to bench, starting with Briere for almost every game as well as Carle and Mez. It had to have been an injury. Dave Isaac said Kimmo wasn't on the bench so he likely was banged up.

Old
iamcanadian23

Quote:

"Itís an easy life when you can blame the one guy. ĎItís a bad goal. Itís the goalieís mistake.í "
Someone needs to ask him then, who is to blame for his three goals today? I would be interested in his goal-by-goal explanation.

Old
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Starting to sound like whatever nagged that locker room was either replaced by Bryz, or wasn't fully removed by removing Richards and Carter. Or both. They're looking for other enemies. In Philadelphia, you get turned on real quick when you, as a fan, are seen as the enemy.
I heard the reason the Flyers are so bad in afternoon games is because many of their young players are so hung over.

Old
orangecrush8

LOL at Bryz

I was at the game booing like everyone should have been. He flat out sucked. The rest of the team played like garbage in the third period, but the first two goals were completely on him. It would be nice for him to make the save on the 2nd Cooke goal, although you cant put the blame fully on him. But those are the saves we paid him to make, and he just doesn't.

Bryz needs to man up, dont blame the fans. He had an awful game and he deserved to be boo'd.

Another big game where the he shows up small.

Same old story...

Seriously, I hope this gets to him and he asks for a trade, I really hope that happens. I cant take 8 more years of this

Old
02-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If Bryz stopped letting in crap goals, the fans would lay off.
And Bob, just as much to blame for this loss, if not more. They both were AWFUL !

Old
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
If Lavi benched Kimmo after this game he's a ****ing idiot. There are a lot of other guys to bench, starting with Briere for almost every game as well as Carle and Mez. It had to have been an injury. Dave Isaac said Kimmo wasn't on the bench so he likely was banged up.
Quote:
Dave Isaac @davegisaac
Holmgren says "no injuries." Guess that means he was benched, eh? RT @Dubinsky88: @davegisaac Any word on Kimmo??
That should make things less clear for you.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:24 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Let's move it to the part 2/post-game sticky. This will be closed.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
And Bob, just as much to blame for this loss, if not more. They both were AWFUL !
Indeed. But, Bob isn't criticizing the fans.

Closed Thread