HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#58|Feb. 18, 2012|Penguins at Flyers| (Part 2)

Old
02-18-2012, 02:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1476
Calming, peaceful and halcyon-like.

Enter.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...109855&page=40

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Auger + bad goaltending + bad 3rd period = a loss 10 out of 10 times.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Posted this in the last thread as it was closed:

That Steve Mason/Rick Nash rumour is ridiculous. Mason's NHL career is over and the Flyers don't have difficulty scoring goals.

Jordan Staal's goal summed up Bryzgalov's tenure in Philly so far. Those goals are back breakers and the team will never play with confidence in front of a goalies who allows shots like that to go in.

Kimmo looked awful out there today, as well.

drownedsailors

lmao at JVR and Bryz chirping the fans.

They had every right to boo, I'd be pissed as hell if I paid money to see that **** on ice

You don't want them to boo? Make a damn save!

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:34 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
lmao at JVR and Bryz chirping the fans.

They had every right to boo, I'd be pissed as hell if I paid money to see that **** on ice

You don't want them to boo? Make a damn save!
I'm excited to see:
A) More people giving up on defending Bryz, especially after his comments after the game.
B) If more people will be okay with JvR getting traded, considering his comments after the game.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:34 PM
BernieParent

In the great Bryz vs Bob debate, I think it's painfully obvious that both camps have seen their idols have clay skates.

This, of course, is much more on the goalie signed until the end of time to end the goalie controversy. Good job on that! Bryz said that it's easy to find a scapegoat after a game like this? I agree completely, because he was clearly not doing anything resembling competing today. He consistently underwhelms, even moreso in bigger games. He gave up 3 goals on 13 shots, but don't forget a couple of posts where he was cleanly beaten. The added red alert is that he hardly looks good when he does stop the puck: he tracks it poorly, his rebound control is atrocious, and he moves like he's arthritic.

But we saw why Holmgren was right in not deciding to go into this season with Bob as the starter. I don't agree at all with giving Bob a pass for coming into the game cold; that's what backup goalies do, and Bob right now is the backup goalie. It's part of the job description, so suck it up and don't suck.

I could see Holmgren giving Reese a pink slip, at the very least as a sign that this flaming sack of dog crap that we call our goaltending needs to start showing why they deserve to be in the NHL.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Posted this in the last thread as it was closed:

That Steve Mason/Rick Nash rumour is ridiculous. Mason's NHL career is over and the Flyers don't have difficulty scoring goals.

Jordan Staal's goal summed up Bryzgalov's tenure in Philly so far. Those goals are back breakers and the team will never play with confidence in front of a goalies who allows shots like that to go in.

Kimmo looked awful out there today, as well.
That still doesn't justify Lavi benching him (If that's in fact what he did)

It's funny that no one wants to bench Carle because turnovers and soft coverages are a part of his game

Old
02-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Kaktus*

I am not sure what and why JVR is talking like that.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:38 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:

It's funny that no one wants to bench Carle because turnovers and soft coverages are a part of his game
I believe Kimmo was a bit shaken up at the end of the game, no reason to run him back out there.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know if that happened and I wouldn't necessarily say his play deserved benching over others, but why play him when they're down 6-3 anyway? Might as well give him a rest.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
orangecrush8

Both JVR and Bryz should never have said anything like that.

Everyone paid good money to watch this game only to see Bryz lay another egg and the entire team fold in the third.

What are we supposed to do? Cheer?

Thats laughable that players are blaming the fans. Next time we shouldn't show up so they play in front of no one, at least no one will boo.

D ick move by JVR and Bryz

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:

I'm pretty confident every Flyers fan in the GDT's this season has called for Carle to be AT LEAST benched, if not traded/waived/sent to outer space at least once.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:50 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I'm pretty confident every Flyers fan in the GDT's this season has called for Carle to be AT LEAST benched, if not traded/waived/sent to outer space at least once.
No I meant 'why hasn't the coaching staff benched him yet'

Old
02-18-2012, 04:52 PM
BernieParent

My interpretation was that van Riemsdyk was trying to be the good teammate. And it's not like the skaters were playing flawless hockey, either.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:54 PM
iamcanadian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
And it's not like the skaters were playing flawless hockey, either.
Agreed, lost in the goaltending mess - is the fact that third period was weak. I understand goals can be deflating, but come on.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
My interpretation was that van Riemsdyk was trying to be the good teammate. And it's not like the skaters were playing flawless hockey, either.
Skaters were not the problem for the most part. Ok, Cookes goal could be an issue and a bad pass by Giroux that resulted a breakaway.

But the rest? Come on!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Isn't this something like the 5th or 6th divisional loss in a row? I'm on my phone so I can't check

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:59 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Isn't this something like the 5th or 6th divisional loss in a row? I'm on my phone so I can't check
5, we beat NJ in there after the first Isles loss.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:59 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Yeah, I don't know if that happened and I wouldn't necessarily say his play deserved benching over others, but why play him when they're down 6-3 anyway? Might as well give him a rest.
Or Kimo said something to Lavi about the team and coaching....(Just guessing, givien his recent comments).

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:00 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Skaters were not the problem for the most part. Ok, Cookes goal could be an issue and a bad pass by Giroux that resulted a breakaway.

But the rest? Come on!
Did I not present my point as a comparator? And on the heels of blasting both goaltenders? Read your own response: "... not the problem for the most part", and then you provide examples.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
5, we beat NJ in there after the first Isles loss.
Well. That's bad.

02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well. That's bad.
3 and 7 I think in last 10

Just looked at the SO points that NJ and Pens have, insane that Lavy refuses to put more stock into it Pens have 6 pts form SO wins, NJ has 10, we have 1.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Brozgalov

Some of you are crazy...

JVR saying what he said is exactly what they should have all been saying this entire time. Bryzgalov isn't an awful goalie, he is playing awful because he has absolutely no confidence and the fans are extremely hard on him. Does that make it okay? Absolutely not! You're paying him to be good under pressure and he was quoted as saying pressure doesn't get to him.

If you think he sucks because he is just a bad goalie, you're frankly an idiot. He sucks because an entire city wants his head right now. If he had confidence and the city didn't hate him.. maybe he lets in the first ****** goal. Then he focuses back on the game and doesn't let in another. Right now he lets in that ****** goal and goes.. JESUS ****ING CHRIST TIMMY P IS NEVER GOING TO LET ME HEAR THE END OF THAT AFTER THE GAME AND THE FANS HATE ME OMG

Again... is that okay for him to be like that? Hell no... but its reality. As a fan of this team I have to support Bryz because he honsetly can't stand playing like **** but he doesn't know what to do. Obviously the big contract was a bad idea and him thinking pressure was no big deal was wrong... but whats done is done.

****ing hell yeah JVR should say that... and the rest of the team should too... by doing that it takes the pressure somewhat off of bryzgalov and puts it on the rest of the team too. Don't you remember why Pronger was a factor on this team... he took all of the criticism away from everyone. It's easy to blame the goalie (obviously the 3 goals on him were bad.. im not saying they werent and im not saying we are unjustly angry at bryz...) but the media isn't after carle for his ****** play... or Giroux for his terrible turnovers and bad defense...

Point is.. I hope more of the players step up like JVR... I respect him 100% more now and realize trading him would be a terrible idea. He is a team guy. At the end of the day... fans are awesome when you're winning but when things aren't going well you have to ignore them. Bryz will learn, kinda hard now that hes behind so far but he will learn.

/endrant

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Not sure if anyone likes soccer, but a writer for the MLS wrote about a story just like this once on his personal blog... From Greg Seltzer

"One of my personal pet peeves is needing to repeat myself. Ya know, when I get or see incessant comments from USMNT fans about how Tim Ream is a lost cause or Jozy Altidore is a bust or how this or that player is worthless, I want to scream.

When I was a season ticket-holding kid, the St. Louis Blues acquired a veteran all-star defenseman by the name of Rod Seiling from the New York Rangers. The first season, he was alright, probably the least you would expect from him. He wasn't overly popular.

The second season, dude was abysmal. It was like watching a train wreck into a Keystone Cop nightmare. The fans got on him good, and nobody more than little me. I was about seven or eight, verbally in that guy's hair biting his scalp like everybody else. It became a regular thing to boo and hoot at Seiling, at one point practically every time he got near the puck. His performance worsened and his ice time decreased. At the end of the season, he was traded and everyone rejoiced.

But now that I look at it, we didn't help. We needed this guy to be good and instead ran him out of form and town. Oh... did I not mention what the team's records were that season and the next? Seiling's horror season saw the Blues finish 20-47 with 53 points, one of the worst campaigns in franchise history. After he was shipped off, they went 18-50 for 48 points, their worst season ever."

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SgtJoseph

Quote:
In the great Bryz vs Bob debate, I think it's painfully obvious that both camps have seen their idols have clay skates.

This, of course, is much more on the goalie signed until the end of time to end the goalie controversy. Good job on that! Bryz said that it's easy to find a scapegoat after a game like this? I agree completely, because he was clearly not doing anything resembling competing today. He consistently underwhelms, even moreso in bigger games. He gave up 3 goals on 13 shots, but don't forget a couple of posts where he was cleanly beaten. The added red alert is that he hardly looks good when he does stop the puck: he tracks it poorly, his rebound control is atrocious, and he moves like he's arthritic.

But we saw why Holmgren was right in not deciding to go into this season with Bob as the starter. I don't agree at all with giving Bob a pass for coming into the game cold; that's what backup goalies do, and Bob right now is the backup goalie. It's part of the job description, so suck it up and don't suck.

I could see Holmgren giving Reese a pink slip, at the very least as a sign that this flaming sack of dog crap that we call our goaltending needs to start showing why they deserve to be in the NHL.
I actually agree about Reese getting the boot..I have said it 100 times, our goalies positioning on bad angles is an abomination in my view.....As a former goalie myself, i get pi$$ed every time i see an opposing player come from behind our net with the puck and our goalie is in that i am shi&&ing in the woods position......Absolutely drives me crazy watching that..Need more "hybrid" style goalies who do not go down every time, even on crazy angles !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote