HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your face when you realize David Desharnais has more assists than...

Old
02-18-2012, 03:39 PM
TheRedKnight

vCash: 500
He's impressed me so far, has also improved his faceoff % - lets hope he can keep it up.

TheRedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:04 PM
No Style Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapshots View Post
From the few Habs games I've seen, all 3 players on that line benefit from the other 2.
Agreed 100%.

Re: Desharnais... but can he speak French?

No Style Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Your face when Grabovski has a higher PPG as second line center and playing with a 5-goal scorer for the bigger part of the season?

DD is a decent center, but I can't believe how overrated he's become. He blows on D (nice cover on a wide open Ellis in the slot) and has very average production considering linemates and TOI.
Desharnais is a defensively reliable player; I have no idea where/how you get "... He blows on D...". He is a strong back checker, he wins most of his battles for puck possession, his +10 is the second best in Habs land, he is good at cutting the passing lanes, his FO% is on the rise...

He still has to improve on some aspects (his positioning once the opponent established control in our zone) but for a guy with limited NHL experience (108 NHL games), he is doing more than ok from a defensive perspective imo.

As for "... has very average production considering linemates and TOI."... really?

It is Desharnais' first full season in the NHL and he currently ranks 19th amongst ALL the NHL centers.

Ref.: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Desharnais is playing fantastic this season, anyone who denies that is an idiot. His passing is the best on our team; do I wish he would take more shots? Absolutely. But he is good at what he does, and that is getting assists.

Everyone needs to stop comparing him with Plekanec....they play completely different games, and while I personally still find Pleks much better overall (I'm biased), they both deserve to be on the team more than everyone else (along with Cole, Price, Georges, etc.) with their work ethic.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:33 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Sarcasm I guess. Some people used to think he was a 4th liner at best. Its funny with hindsight.

The guy below isn't using sarcasm tho ;

Theres a lot separating league MVP and ''fillers''. If Desharnais has more assists than guys that are actual candidates to be league MVP then MAYBE he's in the upper tier of the league. Think about it.
upper tier

bro wake up , on what solid team is he a top 6 , seriously

you take him off the pp he is nothing 5 on 5

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Mrb1p

Nice to see DD having a good year and I hope he stays on our team.

But I also hope that plek and Eller stays so we can form the kind of depth we need to be good.

Also... Yes Desharnais is bad in defense and someone saying the opposite is just biased...(Not bashing him or nothing just stating...)
And he rarely win's a battle on the board...

But if he puts up point like he does i have no problem in this !!
Still, while he loses some battle and has positioning problems Desharnais is not Campoli bad ....

I just wish people would stop valuing DD over Plekanec and Eller...
There is litterally no point in debating who is better than who as they are all part of the solution here in Montréal much like in Boston...
Now we just need one or two wingers and to stop playing DarcheVader with TP . I'd see Yakupov on Plekanec's wing (Drooooooollll) Or even Forsberg... Or it could be interesting to watch what are the good FA's wingers we could land this year.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Desharnais is a defensively reliable player; I have no idea where/how you get "... He blows on D...". He is a strong back checker, he wins most of his battles for puck possession, his +10 is the second best in Habs land, he is good at cutting the passing lanes, his FO% is on the rise...

He still has to improve on some aspects (his positioning once the opponent established control in our zone) but for a guy with limited NHL experience (108 NHL games), he is doing more than ok from a defensive perspective imo.

As for "... has very average production considering linemates and TOI."... really?

It is Desharnais' first full season in the NHL and he currently ranks 19th amongst ALL the NHL centers.

Ref.: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv
I wouldn't call him reliable in his own zone. He's actually pretty bad. He's playing very well, though. I wish he would shoot more though. He'd be in the slot with no one around him and he'd pass the puck to Cole or Patches in the corner....makes no sense. Passes a bit too much. I'm not sure what his future's going to be...he's good but IMO, having him as a top line center is not a good thing and you can throw out as many stats as you want.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:39 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Sorry but he is the equivalent of Stefane Lebeau in the late 80's, early 90's. On a good team, he may squeak in as the 2nd line center, at best. Do not even attempt to compare him to Toews, Stall, Lecavalier, etc. He is not in that class at all.

If we had a true #1 center, Desharnais would not have the opportunities he has now.....his numbers are truly reflective of our lack of a true #1 line.... I am happy he is there to help this year, but to try to make him in the same class as the other players you mentioned is truly idiotic....and another case of over valuation of a player....
exactly bro Lebeau , ok player but ona good team he has no place on a top 6

plays top minutes , play more pp than most players , of course he has to produce

Old
02-18-2012, 04:43 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
exactly bro Lebeau , ok player but ona good team he has no place on a top 6

plays top minutes , play more pp than most players , of course he has to produce
What would you be saying if Desharnais weren't producing the way that he is?

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:44 PM
habtastic

I am eating the opposite of crow. Or maybe the crow is eating me.

Whatever to the people saying that he's got two good scorers. Pleks is my favourite Hab and I still think DD (cause you know on this board we have to like one hate the other) is AWESOME. He complements Patches and Cole so well. Their chemistry is amazing and even though I've suggested it, I'm actually not so sure putting Pleks on that line would have the same effect. They just get each other and man DD is great at bringing the puck up ice, finding space and he really should be sent to Hamilton cuz he's a bulldog. So impressed with him. Great vision too. I can say with complete honesty that I don't mind having Pleks, DD and Eller as our 9 centermen. The wingers they play with are more important.

Anyway, way to go DD! One of my other friends is eating the crow...that's eating me?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:45 PM
onice

Quote:
I hope you don't see comparing Desharnais to Lebeau as under-evaluating him? If anything, its a complement! but it also reset expectations......he is not Toews or Stall or anyone like that, he is a quality small player, with good hands and good vision. His size and underwhelming skating abilities will probably make him a 2nd or 3rd liner once we fix our first line....(as Lebeau was)....
I remember Lebeau well and I think DD is a much better player. DD doesn't have good vision & hands. He has great vision & hands . His passing is elite. His skating is very good but not great.

Right now I think he needs to improve his defensive coverage and his shot. If does that he will be an elite 2nd centre.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
i am eating the opposite of crow. Or maybe the crow is eating me.

Whatever to the people saying that he's got two good scorers. Pleks is my favourite hab and i still think dd (cause you know on this board we have to like one hate the other) is awesome. He complements patches and cole so well. Their chemistry is amazing and even though i've suggested it, i'm actually not so sure putting pleks on that line would have the same effect. They just get each other and man dd is great at bringing the puck up ice, finding space and he really should be sent to hamilton cuz he's a bulldog. so impressed with him. Great vision too. I can say with complete honesty that i don't mind having pleks, dd and eller as our 9 centermen. The wingers they play with are more important.

Anyway, way to go dd! One of my other friends is eating the crow...that's eating me?

what did i just read???

Old
02-18-2012, 04:49 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Nice to see DD having a good year and I hope he stays on our team.

But I also hope that plek and Eller stays so we can form the kind of depth we need to be good.

Also... Yes Desharnais is bad in defense and someone saying the opposite is just biased...(Not bashing him or nothing just stating...)

True

And he rarely win's a battle on the board...

Not true

When he gets the puck behind the net and has two huge d men on him, he usually comes up with the puck and feeds it to a guy, rather than losing it or winning it and throwing it in front for nobody. But I get what you're saying.

But if he puts up point like he does i have no problem in this !!
Still, while he loses some battle and has positioning problems Desharnais is not Campoli bad ....

I just wish people would stop valuing DD over Plekanec and Eller...

Agree again. We can appreciate them all for their unique skills. Like I said I really don't need this alleged monstrous center, these guys are sufficient and IMO Eller is a big center

There is litterally no point in debating who is better than who as they are all part of the solution here in Montréal much like in Boston...
Now we just need one or two wingers and to stop playing DarcheVader with TP . I'd see Yakupov on Plekanec's wing (Drooooooollll) Or even Forsberg... Or it could be interesting to watch what are the good FA's wingers we could land this year.
Getting those top wingers is key. Which FA wingers are available and interesting?

Old
02-18-2012, 04:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
what did i just read???
the word top was missing

also...it was a joke. He's tough, like a bulldog (and kind of looks like one).

Old
02-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Getting those top wingers is key. Which FA wingers are available and interesting?
About the board battles, I agree I gave alot of sauce on that but let's be honest, he is in the minus ratio in puck battles... And really I don't mean to bash him... but like I said 3 out of 4 or 5 times he will get just beaten on the board and that is kind of normal for a 5 foot 5-6-7-8? Just like Gionta.. Doesn't mean they don't try and all and that they don't get it out but I mean when you'r against Chara against the board how do you get it out ???

Old
02-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
the word top was missing

also...it was a joke. He's tough, like a bulldog (and kind of looks like one).
I see

and the bold part is just mean but still true.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Your face when Grabovski has a higher PPG as second line center and playing with a 5-goal scorer for the bigger part of the season?

DD is a decent center, but I can't believe how overrated he's become. He blows on D (nice cover on a wide open Ellis in the slot) and has very average production considering linemates and TOI.
dd is younger ,cheaper,and a better centerman(cause he has MORE points)than mikhail.dont even get me goin who has more heart. and all this in his first full nhl season.very impressive.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Everything DD has as a pro athlete he deserves.

With a man like that... the criticism only makes him stronger.

And more determined.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Aurel Joliat

We can only talk positive about Desharnais. He has a lot of heart, he is the best passer I ever see with the habs and his 2 wingers are on pace for 30 goals season (and they can thank Desharnais for their accomplishment)

Cap Hit of 850K ? One of the best contract in the NHL

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
We can only talk positive about Desharnais. He has a lot of heart, he is the best passer I ever see with the habs and his 2 wingers are on pace for 30 goals season (and they can thank Desharnais for their accomplishment)

Cap Hit of 850K ? One of the best contract in the NHL
Sure indeed...I kovalev't find no one better than him...

Old
02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I think Plek will be a 25 goal 65-70 point guy next year playing with Gio. And I think DD will be more than fine as the 2nd line C.nhe is on pace for 59 points in his first full year, if he can build on that and Eller can build on this year also well be fine with Plek-DD-Eller.

And DD is on pace for 59 points playin vs other teams shutdown lines, so Plek comes back strong next year the DD line might be even better.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:35 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I think Plek will be a 25 goal 65-70 point guy next year playing with Gio. And I think DD will be more than fine as the 2nd line C.nhe is on pace for 59 points in his first full year, if he can build on that and Eller can build on this year also well be fine with Plek-DD-Eller.

And DD is on pace for 59 points playin vs other teams shutdown lines, so Plek comes back strong next year the DD line might be even better.
Depending how you define "pace" he's on pace for more. If he continues his current pace(ie. his pace over the past 30 games) he's actually "on pace" for about 65 points.

So, that's ridonkulous, and I can't wait to watch him next year.

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Depending how you define "pace" he's on pace for more. If he continues his current pace(ie. his pace over the past 30 games) he's actually "on pace" for about 65 points.

He's on pace for 59 not 65.

You can't just take a good stretch and embilish his stats XD
Then lets say gomez will have 20 goals at the end of the season since he scored 2 in 4 games...

Old
02-18-2012, 05:41 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
We all said that in the 80's about Lebeau as well.....Oh and it was said about Ribero too in 2003... Again, due to circumstances, he was provided with a nice opportunity and he made the most of it, but in 5 years, I am fairly certain this will be his career year and a true #1 center will have taken over....
agreed , but we all now the big problem here folks

he comes back has another 40-50 point season , and voila this retarded team will give him a 4 year 15 mil contract ..

thats the issue here , they have no fken clue or have any vision on how to move forward or put a team on the ice

from Markov`s stupid contract , to overpaying for Gio and Cammy , this management team has no clue how to run a franchise

you add Bourque , finally a big body and he rarely sees the pp

Darche is on the top 6 with Pleks ...wtf is going on here

You drafted Leblanc to be a 2 center at some point , you have a big 2 way Eller
who is better than DD down the road . Eller can play on any team in this league as a worst case # 3 center , DD cant play on 20+ teams in this league given his limitations , but we cant keep him for the next 4 years in this role if you want to move forward

Old
02-18-2012, 05:42 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post

Very true, but I just wanted to use the full year, I kno Plek and DD are not ideal 1-2 duo down the middle but I find that we can do it because both are both are above average 2nd line centers and If Eller can build on this year well be fine.

Plek 65-70 point
DD 65 points
Eller 40 points

Have some size and speed on the wing and they can compete IMO

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote