HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gomez isn't the problem, the NHL is

Old
02-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Rgolt

vCash: 500
The next thing well be hearing is that it wasnt Chara's fault, it was the stanchions.....oh wait....

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I think everyone involved is way past trying to figure out what the problem is with Gomez and at the point where they need to focus on creative ways to get rid of him with the least impact to the organization going forward. This has been an ugly situation for everyone involved and it's time to move past it, not dwell on it.
that works well with what i said.. gomez to tbl for lecavalier, boucher can convert him

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

If this were ****** you'd be at negative karma.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:12 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
Scott Gomez never lost his game, it just hasn't translated to the new NHL. His best years (statistically) were pre-lockout and that year where they called everything right after it. both styles of play, slow and wide-open, rewarded speedy playmaking centers (and creating rebounds by bouncing the puck off the goalies chest). unfortunately for Gomez, that no longer works, or at least not for him. he should be moved to a different role, either PMD or RW. while he may not be able to stand up physically to the first role, his game would be suited to it; LW would keep the puck to the outside when gaining the zone and put him in a playmaker role, wheras putting him on the right wing would force him to shoot more.
So..you mean to tell me that every other players game was able to translate to post lockout..but not gomez? btw, statistically speaking, gomez's two best years were after the lockout.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Gally11

He's just predictable and hasn't been able to adjust to people realizing what he's going to do every single time lol no creativity anymore

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

lol gold

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I think everyone involved is way past trying to figure out what the problem is with Gomez and at the point where they need to focus on creative ways to get rid of him with the least impact to the organization going forward. This has been an ugly situation for everyone involved and it's time to move past it, not dwell on it.
Interestingly enough, playing him on an energy line with Ryan White has produced some good results! It gives some speed to the energy and forecheck. I'm not sure AK46 is the best winger for that line, it might be better to switch Darche and AK46 for now, then slot Gionta back into the lineup next year.

Desharnais-Cole-Pacioretty
Plekanec-Kostitsyn/Leblanc-Bourque
Eller-Leblanc/Kostitsyn-Moen
Gomez-White-Darche

At 8-9 ES minutes per game, Gomez will be able to work at full speed all the time, and that can be useful in a lesser role. And if he picks up his game, he can get some PP time as he does now while picking up points now and then.

It's a lousy use of $7.3M of cap space, but the best way to use Gomez`talents on the ice at the moment to help the team. And he actually IS helping the team right now.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Estimated_Prophet

The OP is way off as are most of the other posts. The problem is solely attributed to the fact that Gomez doesn't drive the net or take the puck into the hard places on the ice. In N.J. Gomez was a little warrior and was willing to pay the price to make a play.

His game has regressed into a weaving perimeter game where he never poses a threat at all therefore he doesn't force the defenders to attack him. As a result he doesn't create any open ice for his teammates and is left with very predictable passing lanes to try and distribute the puck within.

He is done as an NHLer and should be in Hamilton next season. I am sure he is a nice guy but he doesn't have the balls to play at the highest level any longer.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:06 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
Scott Gomez never lost his game, it just hasn't translated to the new NHL. His best years (statistically) were pre-lockout and that year where they called everything right after it. both styles of play, slow and wide-open, rewarded speedy playmaking centers (and creating rebounds by bouncing the puck off the goalies chest). unfortunately for Gomez, that no longer works, or at least not for him. he should be moved to a different role, either PMD or RW. while he may not be able to stand up physically to the first role, his game would be suited to it; LW would keep the puck to the outside when gaining the zone and put him in a playmaker role, wheras putting him on the right wing would force him to shoot more.
You're right. For me, architecture has changed, and it was different before, so it's not my fault for not adapting to that. I would have been really great but things changed, and I could not adapt. Gee. I hope someone hires me soon.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:09 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
There was a play last night where gomez had the puck at the side of the net and had the time and space to take it to the front. Instead, he just stood at the side of the net, looking for someone to dish to, and the play turned out to be harmless.

I just dont know what he's thinking alot of times.
No agression. No net agression. You have it, or you do not. He's awful.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:13 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Interestingly enough, playing him on an energy line with Ryan White has produced some good results! It gives some speed to the energy and forecheck. I'm not sure AK46 is the best winger for that line, it might be better to switch Darche and AK46 for now, then slot Gionta back into the lineup next year.

Desharnais-Cole-Pacioretty
Plekanec-Kostitsyn/Leblanc-Bourque
Eller-Leblanc/Kostitsyn-Moen
Gomez-White-Darche

At 8-9 ES minutes per game, Gomez will be able to work at full speed all the time, and that can be useful in a lesser role. And if he picks up his game, he can get some PP time as he does now while picking up points now and then.

It's a lousy use of $7.3M of cap space, but the best way to use Gomez`talents on the ice at the moment to help the team. And he actually IS helping the team right now.
Sone words come to mind when I read your post on how to deal with Gomer:

Deck Chairs. Titanic. Rearranging.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny be good.

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:21 AM
dutchy29

Gomez is ****

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:28 AM
JackZap

complete garbage im sorry

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:17 AM
schumway2

So my bad grades in college weren't my fault, just a poor educational system? Phew, I used to think I was dume.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

It's because of Al Queida

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:49 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Are you freaking serious?! Are you kidding me?

This is enough. Gomez is underperforming - that's that. Enough of these shenanigans.
Underperforming is being generous. The guy scores a goal and his teammates are jumping in joy and amazement. Seriously, he's a center and he couldn't score a goal in over a year. If a goalie on our team was making 7.5 million ayear, I would expect he scores more goals than that. Gomez is pathetic.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:55 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Wait, maybe he's on the right tracks here. Gomez has demonstrated an uncanny ability to be responsible for the puck not going into the net. Get some goalie pads on him, what's the worst that could happen!?
Trade Budaj and make this happen. He couldn't be worse than Thibault.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
So my bad grades in college weren't my fault, just a poor educational system? Phew, I used to think I was dume.
well yeah, have you seen the educational system? it's like it was designed by JM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
You're right. For me, architecture has changed, and it was different before, so it's not my fault for not adapting to that. I would have been really great but things changed, and I could not adapt. Gee. I hope someone hires me soon.
exactly, force him to adapt. edit: but don't make it easy, force him out of his element... like sticking him at LW just makes him even more a perimeter player... don't give him that option, or make use of it exclusively

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:59 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthroughforest View Post
All that needs to be said.

If you want to defend Gomez, be like Coldplay and make sense. This is ridiculous, and for you to suggest that Gomez's failing is the league's fault is laughable.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Undertakerqc

Gomer now plays like a minor leaguer. Bury him there for next season. Save the cap space

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
ekof232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Gomer now plays like a minor leaguer. Bury him there for next season. Save the cap space
I'd rather we give Gomez the 'Huet treatment'. It saves us the same capspace and also allows Gomez, as a reward for his services, to enjoy the european pro hockey player lifestyle as opposed to the rigors and horrid travel in busses of the AHL.

ekof232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekof232 View Post
I'd rather we give Gomez the 'Huet treatment'. It saves us the same capspace and also allows Gomez, as a reward for his services, to enjoy the european pro hockey player lifestyle as opposed to the rigors and horrid travel in busses of the AHL.
That could do as well, i support your idea!!

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:41 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
statistically Gomez's best years were immediately following the lockout.
I thought it was during the lockout

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

So it's kind of like being addicted to crack, it's not my fault I'm addicted to crack. It's crack's fault for being so damn addictive?

I don't get the logic of this thread. Gomez sucks. It's no one's fault but his own.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote