HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Ty Rattie Watch

Old
02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
ToniJ1960

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Be even more scared - we are deep in d-men prospects also.

Cole
Hakanpaa
Edmunson
Buekeboom
Fairchild
Ponich
Shields
Why no Cundari?

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
execwrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniJ1960 View Post
Why no Cundari?
He seems to be going backwards. Not even playing that much in Peoria.

Not sure he was ever a strong prospect. Nice story, but undersized.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Be even more scared - we are deep in d-men prospects also.

Cole
Hakanpaa
Edmunson
Buekeboom
Fairchild
Ponich
Shields
If Ponich or Edmunson turn out to have 2/3 of Chara's game (I will forget about offense as the Blues seem to have defensemen with offensive potential in spades...just give me the defensive acumen and the physical play) I will probably have to go through with building the shrine to Jarmo Kekalainen in my back yard.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniJ1960 View Post
Why no Cundari?
Horrendously overrated, sweet potential playoff beard or not.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'll give you Allen, but the other guys, I'm not sold on yet.
I'm a lot higher on Yannick Veilleux than I am Jake Allen at this point... I realize that Jake The Snake is probably just having a sophomore slump, but I look at how far Steve Mason has fallen in Columbus after his outstanding rookie year, and I get a little nervous.

Veilleux, on the other hand... if the Blues can pick up a decent French-Canadian center either in the draft or via trade, I like the idea of Veilleux and Perron flanking said center on a new French Connection Line in the Lou. Veilleux has size, a good work ethic, and he seems to be developing nicely as a scorer.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm a lot higher on Yannick Veilleux than I am Jake Allen at this point... I realize that Jake The Snake is probably just having a sophomore slump, but I look at how far Steve Mason has fallen in Columbus after his outstanding rookie year, and I get a little nervous.

Veilleux, on the other hand... if the Blues can pick up a decent French-Canadian center either in the draft or via trade, I like the idea of Veilleux and Perron flanking said center on a new French Connection Line in the Lou. Veilleux has size, a good work ethic, and he seems to be developing nicely as a scorer.
The QMJHL typically has higher offensive stats, so I don't really sold on someone who doesn't score at a point a game transitioning into the NHL, especially on a line with Perron.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:14 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The QMJHL typically has higher offensive stats, so I don't really sold on someone who doesn't score at a point a game transitioning into the NHL, especially on a line with Perron.
This used to be true, but hasn't been for a while. In the CHL, the leading scorers of each of the W, O, and Q are very similar in point ranges.

The goals per game average last year:
WHL: 6.46
QMJHL: 6.72
OHL: 7.25

I don't know more intimate patterns, like the average games played or points produced by the guys who are developed in those leagues, so I can't speak to overall quality and how that affects stats and the ability to project prospects. But the Q isn't a ridiculously high scoring league like it used to be.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:52 PM
stlweir

Rattie with a huge afternoon, hat trick, 2 assists, +5.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:38 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Rattie with a huge afternoon, hat trick, 2 assists, +5.
Sweet.

The kid's really lighting it up this year. All he needs to do is continue to put on muscle and work on his defensive game and he could really turn out to be something in a couple years. He seems very driven so I really like his chances of turning out well for the Blues. Also glad to see he wasn't out too long with his concussion.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Sweet.

The kid's really lighting it up this year. All he needs to do is continue to put on muscle and work on his defensive game and he could really turn out to be something in a couple years. He seems very driven so I really like his chances of turning out well for the Blues. Also glad to see he wasn't out too long with his concussion.
Now that he quit baseball and allocated that time to working out, I bet he gains some muscle rather quickly.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:01 AM
h22prelude93

Ratrick Highlights: http://www.winterhawks.com/video/ind...a7b817d7905e04

What a blowout, but boy that 3rd goal was a beauty!

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Robb_K

Wow! The Winterhawks look like men among boys (not in body appearance) but in terms of skating and skills)).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:52 AM
EOM

Ratman is having a heck of a season.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:50 AM
execwrite

Love the ratrick.

Not a big fan of the Portland uniforms.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Blues0307

What a pretty goal for the hat trick. When the kid fills out, his game will improve exponentially. That's what excites me about him.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:25 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Rattrick, eh?

Sounds catchy.

Here's to hoping we hear that a lot more in the coming years.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Love the ratrick.

Not a big fan of the Portland uniforms.
They were originally owned and sponsored by The Chicago Blackhawks.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

I still see Rattie as a trade-chip more than a future Blue. If he could land us a stud defensive prospect in exchange, I'd pull the trigger in a nano-second. I think the offense depth on the big club makes it really, really difficult for Rattie to break through. The pro roster is ridiculously young and Schwartz & Tarasenko are going to really have their work cut out to make the club, but are still a notch ahead of Rattie...though the latter has closed the gap somewhat with his development this season.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
I still see Rattie as a trade-chip more than a future Blue. If he could land us a stud defensive prospect in exchange, I'd pull the trigger in a nano-second. I think the offense depth on the big club makes it really, really difficult for Rattie to break through. The pro roster is ridiculously young and Schwartz & Tarasenko are going to really have their work cut out to make the club, but are still a notch ahead of Rattie...though the latter has closed the gap somewhat with his development this season.
Let's see what happens over the next 2 years. Rattie seems to be a more solid prospect than even the scouts and experts figured. His game is improving all the time. He has TERRIFIC vision and offensive sense. Once he grows into his body, learns to play defence, and adapts to the pro game, he might be a first-line forward. I don't think The Blues will get back the "potential" value of Rattie in a trade before he's bulked up and reached the pros. Better to let his accelerated improvement continue to increase his value. He might end up being a special player. As he's on an exponential improvement track. So, let's not trade him before he's worth a lot more.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
stlweir

Robb_K as always you are right on. At this moment this Blues team is a cup contender, not a favorite but a contender. The core of this team is so very young and talented. I see Tarasenko as a speeder Oshie. Schwartz is the biggest ? mark for me and yet he may turn out to be the best prospect despite his size. Rattie may turn out to be the best sniper of the top prospects. Despite the Checketts bashers patience is paying off.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Robb_K as always you are right on. At this moment this Blues team is a cup contender, not a favorite but a contender. The core of this team is so very young and talented. I see Tarasenko as a speeder Oshie. Schwartz is the biggest ? mark for me and yet he may turn out to be the best prospect despite his size. Rattie may turn out to be the best sniper of the top prospects. Despite the Checketts bashers patience is paying off.
Checketts cost the Blues the season last year with his vanity project of holding on to the team. Then he held a press conference and said he'd reluctantly given up and was putting the team totally on sale and he'd no longer be involved. Also not true, and thus we had to go through the Hulsizer-propping-up-Checketts charade again, and it's cost the Blues basically another deadline because they have no certainty til just after (best case).

And none of that has anything to do with excellent drafting the Blues have been doing with their best picks.

On the Rattie topic, I just don't see Stewart's long-term future on this team. Whether it's soon or at the draft (after Tarasenko is inked) or before next season's deadline, I think they are looking to move on from him. Hitchcock certainly doesn't like Stewart's game and Armstrong isn't the type to hold on just because it was a signature trade. Fans wouldn't hold it against him they already endorse the EJ/Shattenkirk exchange.

They can't trade Rattie before Tarasenko's in the fold at a minimum, if they're going to move on from Stewart at some point. Agreed with Robb that his value should only increase. It's good now but wait til more teams see him at WJC next year. He has a tremendous attitude and his camp with the Blues paid off huge in juniors this year, so next year he'll be able to measure his progress and go back and work some more. He has a better shot release than every player in the entire Blues organization/prospect charts including Tarasenko.

I don't entirely disagree with Stealth provided the emphasis is on elite LD player or prospect. Yandle or Gormley or one of the Rangers LD, for example. But it better be a Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk type impact player because Rattie's quick release and shot is a badly needed element to add to the Blues' mix. Knowing what we know now, Rattie would have been a clear first rounder in last year's draft.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Chicago Blues

HF rates him as a 7.0C - 2nd liner could drop 2 ratings - where would you all rate him now? I say 8.0 B.

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
They never give a rating out like this, but I'd give him an 8.5D

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Blues View Post
HF rates him as a 7.0C - 2nd liner could drop 2 ratings - where would you all rate him now? I say 8.0 B.
Either 8.0 C or 7.5 B

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Chicago Blues

I almost went 7.5B - 8.0C might be best.

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote