HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I'd much rather convince them that McIlrath is valuable.
McIlrath is likely too far from being NHL ready to be of too much interest to Columbus.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Aileen C*

Please no. We will be compromising our future even if we get him for nothing because of his cap hit, let alone the prospects and picks we would have to sacrifice.

Glen Sather made the mistake with Drury, Gomez, Redden, Roszival, and Richards since the lockout. I pray that the salary cap ceiling keeps him in check.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
McIlrath is likely too far from being NHL ready to be of too much interest to Columbus.
He'll be in the NHL well before Columbus puts a good team together. I'm still baffled that Howson is being allowed to deal Nash when he's likely out of a job in the offseason.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
I personally think this idea of Erixon "demanding" to be traded to NY is a bit overblown. If the Rangers can convince the Jackets that he's NHL ready and has a future as a #2/#3 guy, he could hold a lot of value in a trade.
Thank you, I totally agree. So if Stamkos was hypothetically available you wouldn't trade Erixon either?

Old
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
With the move for Kubina, I can't see the Flyers being in the Nash race any longer.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
He'll be in the NHL well before Columbus puts a good team together. I'm still baffled that Howson is being allowed to deal Nash when he's likely out of a job in the offseason.
If the ownership was considering dumping Howson, I imagine they would have pulled the plug on him by now. If he deals Nash, he's likely going to be around for a while.

The Jackets can't sell the fan base on more "maybes" and futures. They need guys who can contribute in the next two years. McIlrath is probably at least 3 years away from making a meaningful impact in the NHL, IMO.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Thank you, I totally agree. So if Stamkos was hypothetically available you wouldn't trade Erixon either?
I thought the point being made is that another team wouldn't want him/would undervalue him b/c of what happened with Calgary - not that the Rangers would be unwilling to trade him.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Huh? I'm not sure what to make of that..

Old
02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Huh? I'm not sure what to make of that..
That was directed to the people here who think Erixon can't get dealt because of what happened to get him here

Old
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
That was directed to the people here who think Erixon can't get dealt because of what happened to get him here
Gotcha.

Old
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Tim Panaccio @tpanotchCSN

One more time. CBJ is pushing Nash to Flyers. Not other way around. Although flyers would like to upgrade in goal even in backup
Flyers going to find an upgrade already, after their humungous, big investment in Bryzgalov?

Really don't see Philly as a destination for Nash--Howson may just be trying to do something to generate interest, because I have to imagine the offers for Nash are far lower than the reported asking price.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
Please no. We will be compromising our future even if we get him for nothing because of his cap hit, let alone the prospects and picks we would have to sacrifice.

Glen Sather made the mistake with Drury, Gomez, Redden, Roszival, and Richards since the lockout. I pray that the salary cap ceiling keeps him in check.
Can Richards play a season before you call him a mistake?

Old
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

Good to know we've already written Richards off as a bust before even seeing him in the playoffs.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I'm disappointed. I was really hoping it was Burke who would overinvest in an overrated, overpaid cap anchor like Nash. Wouldn't mind seeing Philly make the same mistake, either, but it doesn't look like they'll have to give up all that much, especially if the Rangers balk (rightfully so) at CBJ's demands.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Zil

This whole thing is pretty bizarre at this point. We've got Nash being "pushed" on the Flyers, the questions about who Nash would actually go to, and contradicting reports on possible packages.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Tomorrows going to be interesting, you'd have to imagine the 2 gms meet in MSG, thus fueling speculation

Old
02-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Why would McIlrath be more valuable to us than Erixon? Erixon has the superior defensive game and has offensive upside.
Clark love fest. We don't know if Erixon will be superior defensively, offensive upside yeah. Big body remember? The snarl this team has lacked forever etc etc... Just sayin. It's a pick they got some grief for they're not gonna move him yet.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Graves94

A littel strange that the Flyers would trade for 2 D-men. I'm thinking they may be sending one of theirs in a package for Nash soon, since they still need league approval on the Kubina deal. That would be a really loaded offense, but terrible goaltending. I'm guessing they'll try to ourscore everyone 7-6 to win games, should they get Nash.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
A littel strange that the Flyers would trade for 2 D-men. I'm thinking they may be sending one of theirs in a package for Nash soon, since they still need league approval on the Kubina deal. That would be a really loaded offense, but terrible goaltending. I'm guessing they'll try to ourscore everyone 7-6 to win games, should they get Nash.
Eh, it was speculated after they picked up Grossman that they were in the market for another blue liner. Their bottom pairing needed an upgrade. They've had a couple rookies on there most of the year, and neither one look like they're really ready for a playoff run.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
What defenseman are they going to send to Columbus for Nash who has any real appeal? Philly added defensemen because their defense is terrible.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:

Nice to know you can read the future. Mind grabbing the Powerball numbers, oh great Seer?

Old
02-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

The thing I'm really curious about is what would Nash have to do in NY to be accepted by the fans and justify the money he makes? It's a tall order to join this team and be a perennial 40+ goal scorer.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Graves94

Philly's goaltending makes their defense look terrible. Their top 4 is pretty good.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Eliotte Friedman on The Hotstove. The Rangers are not trading MDZ or McD.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
This whole thing is pretty bizarre at this point. We've got Nash being "pushed" on the Flyers, the questions about who Nash would actually go to, and contradicting reports on possible packages.
Yeah I don't think Ive ever seen something like that before. It doesn't make any sense. It gives Holmgren the upperhand considering Howson clearly wants what the Flyers have such as Schenn, Coutourier, JVR and Bobrovsky. (I couldn't think of any other reason that Howson would push Nash on the Flyers)

Closed Thread