HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nj/la

Old
02-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Puckclektr

vCash: 500
Nj/la

Would live to get Bernier in NJ. Want to know what it would take. They have three potential goalies who may have the opportunity to be a #1 in the league but need to bridge the gap. Something along the lines of. What more needs to be added. Etc.

to NJ Bernier

To LA
Tedenby, Taormina, hedberg, and one of Wedgwood, clermont or kinkaid.
Tedenby-. Not given much of an opportunity to play top six and is not really helping the team in a bottom six role, but still has the potential to be a top line offensive player in the league. But as a LW, you are fighting a LW depth that includes Kovy, parise and Elias.
Hedberg.- Pending him waiving his NTC. He would fill the role as backup for the rest of the year.
Taormina-is a 5-6 defenseman with the potential to be a decent two way top 4 guy.
Any tweaks. Be nice.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:53 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Nah, pass. Kings will either keep Bernier until Quick is resigned or deal him as a piece to land a large name. A bunch of supllimentary pieces doesn't do us much.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Jonathan Bernier (and Slava Voynov) will not be moved unless it is part of a bigger package to net us a proven, scoring winger. It is our biggest need and the Kings most likely won't move either of their top young guys unless they can get one.

That being said, a few months back I proposed a Tedenby for Martinez deal that most seemed to agree would be a good draft day trade.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
njdevilsftw

nj would even pass on that...marty and hedberg are set for the rest of the year. next season devils will find a stop gap goalie until one of the 3 prospect goalies are nhl ready.

njdevilsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Jonathan Bernier (and Slava Voynov) will not be moved unless it is part of a bigger package to net us a proven, scoring winger. It is our biggest need and the Kings most likely won't move either of their top young guys unless they can get one.

That being said, a few months back I proposed a Tedenby for Martinez deal that most seemed to agree would be a good draft day trade.
Is what you see is what you get in regard to Martinez? Or does he have some upside to fill? I feel like we'd be selling very low on Tedenby.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchbot 3000 View Post
Is what you see is what you get in regard to Martinez? Or does he have some upside to fill? I feel like we'd be selling very low on Tedenby.
He definitely has upside. Keep in mind that his playing time has been very limited. When he's been in the roster, he has been on the 3rd pairing all the time, even when Doughty went down because we called up Voynov. Voynov getting more time had to do with the coaches liking what they saw of him being paired with Willie Mitchell during the preseason than Martinez not being competent.

AMart is a very, very fluid and smooth skater with a very hard shot that he is great at getting through traffic and on net. He's not ever going to be noted as a shutdown type dman but he also isn't awful in his own zone either. I'd say that his play in his own zone will continue to get better as he gets older.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
He definitely has upside. Keep in mind that his playing time has been very limited. When he's been in the roster, he has been on the 3rd pairing all the time, even when Doughty went down because we called up Voynov. Voynov getting more time had to do with the coaches liking what they saw of him being paired with Willie Mitchell during the preseason than Martinez not being competent.

AMart is a very, very fluid and smooth skater with a very hard shot that he is great at getting through traffic and on net. He's not ever going to be noted as a shutdown type dman but he also isn't awful in his own zone either. I'd say that his play in his own zone will continue to get better as he gets older.
We need a defenseman like that and he can obviously step in and play. It's not a bad deal to discuss at the very least.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:55 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchbot 3000 View Post
We need a defenseman like that and he can obviously step in and play. It's not a bad deal to discuss at the very least.
Which is why most of the Devils fans agreed when I proposed it. It makes more sense as a draft day deal but I wouldn't care if it happened before because we can just call up Slava Voynov again (since he was sent down for having two bad games in a row out of all the ones he's played this year) and then we can have Tedenby play 2nd line instead of Pancakes McUseless aka Penner.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:56 PM
SFKingshomer

LA doesn't need Taormina so add a forward prospect or draft pick.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Seems like a lot for Bernier, and LA won't let him go except for overpayment.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Guitpik

Quote:

I thought before the season started that Alex would make good trade fodder because he is a very solid defensemen. Good offensive player with a really good break out pass and a good shot from point. He is also no slouch in the defensive zone. So, the team trading for him is getting a really good, young defenseman without an injury history.

I watched some of his college games after the Kings drafted him and he was okay. But, I mean he really stepped up his game and earned a spot on the big club quickly. He's one of those players you don't hear much about unless he pots a big goal. And no press for a young defenseman is very good press. He's a good person on and off of the ice.

Martinez would be good return for a team being packaged in a trade.

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:55 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitpik View Post
I thought before the season started that Alex would make good trade fodder because he is a very solid defensemen. Good offensive player with a really good break out pass and a good shot from point. He is also no slouch in the defensive zone. So, the team trading for him is getting a really good, young defenseman without an injury history.

I watched some of his college games after the Kings drafted him and he was okay. But, I mean he really stepped up his game and earned a spot on the big club quickly. He's one of those players you don't hear much about unless he pots a big goal. And no press for a young defenseman is very good press. He's a good person on and off of the ice.

Martinez would be good return for a team being packaged in a trade.
His first 6 NHL game stint or however long he was called up was absolutely awful. Like I saw him play and thought that this guy is just atrocious. The the next year he comes in and was seriously a totally different person.

The thing with him is he will never get talked about because we have Doughty, Johnson, Voynov, Forbort, and even Deslauriers (sorta) who people seem to talk about more. He gets overlooked a lot but he really is a good young player who will be a good NHLer for a long time. I just don't really see it being in LA since Slava just looked SO good when he was called up.

Old
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Guitpik

Quote:
His first 6 NHL game stint or however long he was called up was absolutely awful. Like I saw him play and thought that this guy is just atrocious. The the next year he comes in and was seriously a totally different person.

The thing with him is he will never get talked about because we have Doughty, Johnson, Voynov, Forbort, and even Deslauriers (sorta) who people seem to talk about more. He gets overlooked a lot but he really is a good young player who will be a good NHLer for a long time. I just don't really see it being in LA since Slava just looked SO good when he was called up.
That's exact it. I thought he would be an occasional call up from what i saw from him. I thought his learning curve to being called up to the Kings was going to three or four years minimum. But, he kicked in another gear and earned it. It's a good story and I hope the best for him.

However, as you pointed out, the pipeline is full and someone has to be traded as the younger players earn spots. He is the type of defenseman who will definitely bring value to another team, not just being a throw-in.

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisrc10 View Post
nj would even pass on that...marty and hedberg are set for the rest of the year. next season devils will find a stop gap goalie until one of the 3 prospect goalies are nhl ready.
i'd tend to agree with this. you can generally find a decent enough guy through fa to man the fort for a year. i'd only want to trade if it was for a top guy. those assets could be better spent elsewhere.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote