HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
If we win the lottery and end up with the #2 pick I hope we trade down a few spots to take Galchenyuk or Forsberg. Grigorenko will be a perpetual headache who will crumble under the pressure in Montreal. He has serious flags regarding work ethic and I have personally seen enough of that from Kostitsyn, Kovalev, Samsonov etc...

Because he is a consensus #2 we will get a decent package and still be able to pick in the top ten. It would be a no-brainer for me even if we take one of the top ranked d-men.
Grigorenko is not a consensus #2, some teams have him behind other players at #3-4-5.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Grigorenko is not a consensus #2, some teams have him behind other players at #3-4-5.
I'll bet some teams have him even lower than that. The superior skill is there, no doubt, but they'll be worried about his lack of consistency.

Last edited by Fozz: 02-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old
02-18-2012, 11:16 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If we take Trouba over Reinhart I will start crying.

Okay not that much...

Let's say Yakupov/Grigorenko/forsberg/galchenyuk are not on the board when our first pick is on I see us going with a dman...And i wouldn't mind it.
One of Murray, Trouba, Dumba, Reinhart, Ceci and Maata should be good.

But its hard to figure out because the first round is great...

Forwards like Gaunce, Girgensson, Aberg, Collberg, Faksa, Athanasiou and Hertl could also be great addition to our prospect pool.

Best scenario is we land Forsberg/Galchenyuk and in the second we can land a dman of high quality (Pouliot maybe?) and another forward (Frk maybe ...)

I LOVE DRAFTS !!!!

I think i like the draft more than games -_-
Trouba is fantastic. I'd love to have him on the team. You know Timmins will pick him over Reinhart, simply based on skating.

I recently checked Tomas Hertl's stats and had no idea he was playing so well in the Czech league. This kid seems to be flying under the radar. I haven't seen him play much, but he could be a sleeper.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:16 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Trouba is fantastic. I'd love to have him on the team. You know Timmins will pick him over Reinhart, simply based on skating.

I recently checked Tomas Hertl's stats and had no idea he was playing so well in the Czech league. This kid seems to be flying under the radar. I haven't seen him play much, but he could be a sleeper.
Don't be surprised if Hertl jumps into the top ten by the final rankings.Yakupov Grigorenko,Galchenyuk and Forsberg will most assuredly be top ten leaving the other five positions for defencemen.If any goalie makes the top ten it would be Vasilevski after his performance in the WJC's,every team desperate for a franchise type of goalie will be drooling over the opportunity.With the extra 2nd the Habs may be in position to move to the top three picks if not then there will be plenty to choose from Nieves and Schmaltz come to mind.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Roulin

Quote:

I totally agree on both counts. Trouba looks to have the offensive upside that Reinhart lacks, that you'd think a team would require in a top 6-7 pick.

Hertl's numbers are ridiculous for an 18 year old in the Czech league, especially when compared to his adult teammates. I'm wondering if his ranking has suffered due to lack of agencies' scouting in the Czech Republic? I'm also doubtful that there were many Czech scouts surveyed for Bobby Mac's midseason rankings.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
jwolf

Quote:

What forward position does Hertl play? I get different answers from different sources and HDB has him listed as a Forward.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:55 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
What forward position does Hertl play? I get different answers from different sources and HDB has him listed as a Forward.
He's a center,that plays a two-way game that I think will be a top six player in the NHL.

Old
02-18-2012, 03:20 PM
brunosevigny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
If we win the lottery and end up with the #2 pick I hope we trade down a few spots to take Galchenyuk or Forsberg. Grigorenko will be a perpetual headache who will crumble under the pressure in Montreal. He has serious flags regarding work ethic and I have personally seen enough of that from Kostitsyn, Kovalev, Samsonov etc...

Because he is a consensus #2 we will get a decent package and still be able to pick in the top ten. It would be a no-brainer for me even if we take one of the top ranked d-men.
I cannot agree with you and living in Quebec city. Grigo, as mentionned by many poster has superior set skills than lower prospects and his inconsistant play is obviously due to injury. The guy is not 100% right now. Is work ethic has been tremendous so far this season and playing for the remparts will definitely help him to handle the pressure (Biggest crowd in the Q averaging 10 000 people per home game). It is definitely not to right time to watch him play right now since he didn't fully recover is injury.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Just got back from watching Grigorenko play against half a Junior A team(Moncton had 4 of their 5 best forwards out most of the game) and wasn't real impressed.

The comparison I see by watching him is Benoit Pouliot, tall slim guy with good speed and good hands, but not much intensity and played on the perimiter all night. Part of it was probably an off night, but the alarming thing is the lack of intensity/compete level. He likes to dangle, but in the NHL it takes more than that.

Old
02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
He's a center,that plays a two-way game that I think will be a top six player in the NHL.
He also played wing at the WJC where he was excellent. Very well rounded guy. I really hope we can get a low 1st and nab him with it. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Zibanejad.

Old
02-18-2012, 09:47 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

I was really disapointed by Grigorenko on friday.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I was really disapointed by Grigorenko on friday.
That was an extremely bad night,still getting into game shape or injured more than likely.He had one good game since he came back,lots of time to see him play yet.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
That was an extremely bad night,still getting into game shape or injured more than likely.He had one good game since he came back,lots of time to see him play yet.
If Grigorenko is injured, it's like Louis Leblanc last year.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:57 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Yeah I've seen him play maybe 10 times this year and it was probably his worst showing...

Thing is the habs brass was there too to scout...

Nothing to help his reputation throughtout the habs ranks, as Grant McCagg reported to us earlier that he was seen as a risky guy to pick with a top5 pick.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
S Bah

Denis Kindl center for Cape Breton at 5'11" & 185 lbs. if he grows to be the same size as his brother in Detroit Jakub Kindl will be 6'3'' & 216 lbs.known as a hardworking player at both ends with an offensive flair good choice for 4th round maybe 3rd.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Denis Kindl center for Cape Breton at 5'11" & 185 lbs. if he grows to be the same size as his brother in Detroit Jakub Kindl will be 6'3'' & 216 lbs.known as a hardworking player at both ends with an offensive flair good choice for 4th round maybe 3rd.
I don't know too many 19 year olds that grow 4 inches. Most players don't even grow an inch after 19.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:04 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I don't know too many 19 year olds that grow 4 inches. Most players don't even grow an inch after 19.
Touche mon ami,talent and hard work is still his best quality.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:31 PM
jwolf

Has anyone heard anything about a possible return to action for Galchenyuk? Some were speculating about a potential March 1 return, but I don't think there's been anything concrete.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
calder candidate

Has anyone have some more info on these guys? Strengh, weakness, to which player you would compare them?

Alex Galchenyuk, C OHL
Tomáš Hertl, C, Extraliga
Radek Faksa, C, OHL
Filip Forsberg, RW, SuperElit, Sweden
Brendan Gaunce, C OHL
Zemgus Girgensons, C, USHL

If he is available in the second round would you draft Malcolm Subban?

Old
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
He also played wing at the WJC where he was excellent. Very well rounded guy. I really hope we can get a low 1st and nab him with it. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Zibanejad.
Hertl may be the top forward left by the time the Habs pick,he could be 6-10 you never know he's certainly made leaps this season.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That's too high for Hertl. He's a safe pick, but that's too safe.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If Grigorenko is injured, it's like Louis Leblanc last year.
Louis LeBlanc would run through a brick wall if taht's waht it takes to win, Grigorenko doesn't have that drive/intensity.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Louis LeBlanc would run through a brick wall if taht's waht it takes to win, Grigorenko doesn't have that drive/intensity.
He doesn't need to because he has all the skills in the world.

If Louis Leblanc didn't have that drive and intensity, he wouldn't have been drafted.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Hasn't Grigs been putting up over a PPG on a bad ankle since coming back from injury?

He's carrying that Remparts team.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He doesn't need to because he has all the skills in the world.

If Louis Leblanc didn't have that drive and intensity, he wouldn't have been drafted.
He might not need it in the Q but he will if he wants to make it big in the NHL. If Grigorenko had the drive and intensity, he would be the consensus #1 in this draft. He doesn't and that's going to scare some teams.

Closed Thread