HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Boyle: Weatherman. Important facts about Hurricanes 2/17/2012 4:00PM PST

Old
02-18-2012, 01:33 AM
RexFeral
Registered Boozer

vCash: 500
Attended the game tonight. Pretty boring first 2 periods, obviously. Tons of Sharks fans. However, before the start of the 3rd, I ran into #43 John McCarthy and his parents behind section 105. He was very nice and so was his dad. They were both very accommodating. We took a few pictures and I joked with him about the Beanpot and the C.White/D.Heatley sized visor he was wearing during the pregame (I wanted to ask if it makes him turn the puck over more and miss 4 foot breakout passes ). His dad seemed really proud that amongst all the 'Canes fans walking past him, a few Sharks fans actually recognized his son.

RexFeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFeral View Post
Attended the game tonight. Pretty boring first 2 periods, obviously. Tons of Sharks fans. However, before the start of the 3rd, I ran into #43 John McCarthy and his parents behind section 105. He was very nice and so was his dad. They were both very accommodating. We took a few pictures and I joked with him about the Beanpot and the C.White/D.Heatley sized visor he was wearing during the pregame (I wanted to ask if it makes him turn the puck over more and miss 4 foot breakout passes ). His dad seemed really proud that amongst all the 'Canes fans walking past him, a few Sharks fans actually recognized his son.
That's cool. I remember when I went to an A's/Rangers game a few years back, I asked Eddie Guardado for an autograph. He seemed really surprised that I knew who he was and we talked for a few minutes before he had to go. He even took a picture with my son. Very nice guy.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
Looks like you need a vacation from HFBoards. Come back around May or June when the season is over.
Yeah, well, I think we both know that ain't gonna happen.

I think what I was trying to say is that I think it probably looks like all I do is make excuses for the team, when I do see some of the BS too.

Marleau has been crap for the last 4 games. Thornton hasn't been much better, but he looks like something is up with him physically. Clowe hasn't been the same since his broken face. Niemi has also been crap since his incident. The D has looked like they are discombobulated and the O hasn't helped that much lately.

There.... I said it.

I was the one that said this team wasn't as good as the team that ended last season against about 95% of this board. Now we've added Moore and we may not be done. We have as good a chance as any top team in the NHL IMHO. We still could be out the first round or win the Cup.

My gut also tells me that the Sharks have learned their lesson about going into the PO's healthy. Some of that is shown in resting players like Winchester and keeping Demers on IR.

I still don't think people fully realize how injured we were when we lost to the Ducks in the first round. And people post as though we were semi healthy last year during the Nucks series last year when they talk about how we lost.

We can do it and the last few weeks haven't changed my opinion of that.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:29 PM
The McMafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIFBB View Post
Also, San Jose's record continues to improve with White in the lineup. Now 18-14-5.
Without White, 13-4-2. That's... ugh... no bueno. Demers and/or Murray need to get healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa
I was the one that said this team wasn't as good as the team that ended last season against about 95% of this board. Now we've added Moore and we may not be done. We have as good a chance as any top team in the NHL IMHO. We still could be out the first round or win the Cup.
I don't get worked up much about the ebb and flow of the regular season anymore unless there's a risk of not getting in at all. Not worth the stress.

I believe this team is better suited for the playoffs now than the teams for the past two years. The difference now is that the other teams in the conference have closed the skill gap a little more (Nashville & St. Louis especially), so it'll be rough no matter who they end up playing past round 1.

For the Sharks to come out of the west, they'll need to beat two of: Detroit, Vancouver, Nashville, & St Louis. There's some serious heart attack hockey coming our way this year.

That said, I believe they'll get to the WCF again... and play the Wings.

The McMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The McMafia View Post

For the Sharks to come out of the west, they'll need to beat two of: Detroit, Vancouver, Nashville, & St Louis. There's some serious heart attack hockey coming our way this year.

That said, I believe they'll get to the WCF again... and play the Wings.
I think Vancouver will end up with the #1 seed. They play in a weaker division than the Wings and the Wings might ease on the throttle down the stretch once they secure their division to rest their veteran team. Which means the Sharks might have another matchup with the Wings in the 2nd round assuming both teams make it. Although considering how dominant the Wings are at home, they might go hard for the #1 seed.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:41 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
I don't care who we play in the playoffs. We've been favored enough times to know that being the best team on paper doesn't mean **** in April/May/June.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:38 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

who would you guys rather have?

Wallin or White?

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:03 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post

Wallin or White?

White, easily. He's a better player and costs 1.5m less.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

I dunno. Wallin was an OT god. Remember all those playoff OT goals he had?

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:11 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post

Wallin or White?

Rather have Jim Fahey talk about Pizza.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I dunno. Wallin was an OT god. Remember all those playoff OT goals he had?
Say what you will about Wallin, but he was more than adequate in the Detroit series. I can't ever see White doing anywhere as well as Wallin.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3000
White makes Wally look like a ****ing ninja.

I thought maybe White was just bad in certain spotlights until I saw him live at the Hawks game. He was an absolute disaster. He couldn't even stand up on his own skates... without any contact at all.

And this coming from a guy who thought White was a fantastic pickup in the offseason.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:45 AM
sjshark91

Is there anyway to convince Todd, White isn't good at hockey?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:51 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1891
I'd take Wallin over White is Wallin was paid White money. But I'd easily take $1M White over $2.65M Wallin.

Wally was worth $1M just for entertainment value alone.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

You know a player is really bad when we're having a hard time figuring out of Wallin is better than said player, cap hits aside.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

White over Wallin any day of the week, even at the same price.

Huskins over White though. Just realized Huskins had 22 points (+6) his first season with the Sharks. That's impressive for a defensive 3rd pairing defenseman. A lot better than 3 points (-4) White.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:00 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
White over Wallin any day of the week, even at the same price.

Huskins over White though. Just realized Huskins had 22 points (+6) his first season with the Sharks. That's impressive for a defensive 3rd pairing defenseman. A lot better than 3 points (-4) White.
Huskins and Demers was a very good third pairing. They tore up soft comp. Then, we had to go and trade for Wallin... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote