Chris Kelly's new smile

Old
02-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Salem13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
My gawd, these boys can`t stay healthy
I fear March, as far as I can tell they have over 9000 games between February 28th and April 8th...

...over 9000!

Salem13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:55 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
We don't get out of Montreal without Ryder either.
You got that right ,,scored again tonite 22goals ,More then any Bruin this yr ,Great move not keeping him eh ,,lol

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
You got that right ,,scored again tonite 22goals ,More then any Bruin this yr ,Great move not keeping him eh ,,lol
Right.

And do you know who is most to blame for Ryder not still being a Bruin?

Try Ryder himself.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:39 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Right.

Try Ryder himself.
well depends i guess,

Last edited by 22Brad Park: 02-19-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old
02-19-2012, 01:30 AM
22Brad Park

ok, tell ya one thing,No getting by habs without him and no Cup.PERIOD! Was he little inconsistant during season? sure,But did he show up when it counted most ? U bet yer *** he did,Then Chia goes out and gets Pouliot,who is doing ok compared to what he has done in past,but come on,,not near as reliable as Ryder in clutch,Bruins miss him,

Old
02-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Whats Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Teams don't covet players like Chris Kelly for their brilliant offensive flair. I could go through Chiarelli's and Julien's reasons why he's a valuable player, but why bother? If you've been watching hockey for over forty years and you "don't see it in Chris Kelly," you never will.
Yes I know, guys like you have this innate ability to see the intangibles that can't be measured or seen by mere mortals. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I suggest you raise the bar slightly on what impresses you in a hockey player. Don't bother enlightening me as I actually realize the value of Chris Kelly. Fans have a natural tendency to overvalue their favorite teams players...I may in Seguin's case, you most definitely in Kelly's. Let's just agree to disagree over Chris Kelly.

Whats Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Yea ok, tell ya one thing,No getting by habs without him and no Cup.PERIOD! truth is ,he has more goals then any Bruin and can shoot a puck like any of them too ,Miss him now I bet they do,I know I do,,Glad they finally won a Cup last yr for me to be happy,cause they missing something this yr bigtime ( pure goal scorer) ,I have to think a repeat is beyond the odds.
I get ya, BP. Believe me I do.

Everyone, EVERYONE on this team had a role to play, and had to step up at some point in order for them to win. More so than any championship team in recent memory. You can go right down the roster straight down to Paille, even Thornton. Subtract any contributions at any point, and we lose (eg. McQuaid's pinch, Lucic's pass, even Ference's finger, Thornton's presence). Ryder was paid 4mil, he was paid 4mil specifically to score goals, and especially in the playoffs. Until we acquired Horton, and out of dire need, Ryder was the one guy paid for that sole purpose.

However, Ryder also stands out as the one individual Chia openly had on the market. Even announced it to the league if I remember. Why?? He was more often than not completely MIA, blatantly lazy, and when this team couldn't buy goals. Not a GM in the NHL wanted anything to do w/ this guy, not to mention Sturm. Both contracts handcuffed PC, we were lucky to acquire Satan the year before. Were it not for Satan, a guy no one wanted, and Recchi, a guy everyone counted out. We probably don't even beat Buffalo.

Was last regular season all that different? Nope. You never knew when he'd show up. He wasn't just often absent on the score sheet, he couldn't be counted on on just a/b any front. Ryder delivered in the playoffs, would it have shocked anyone if he hadn't delivered? Nope. By then, you were accustomed to expecting next to nothing from him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, he found a way to stay switched on in Dallas, good for him, it 's a/b damn time. Did he give Chia any reason to think he wouldn't look like an idiot for inking him again? It's Ryder's own performance throughout his contract in Boston that made Chia understandably balk on re-signing him, and nothing else.

Would I like to have him now? Sure. Am I grateful for his performance on the Cup run? Eternally. Do I understand why Chia let him walk? Absolutely I do.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Whats Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
He is a playoff warrior and you don't win games without this type of player. BTW, we don't get out of Montreal without him and that is a FACT.
Thought...during this upcoming playoffs someone will have a puck deflect in off their butt while fighting for position in front of the net. They likely won't even see the puck as it deflects in off them. This goal will come late in a tight game 6 or game 7 of a playoff series, and then I suppose this will prove that said player is a clutch playoff performer... for the remainder of their career.

Odd, people on this board point to Krejci's value in the playoffs and how he raises his game then, yet this is not a valid enough argument on Krejci's behalf for a lot of people, but Kelly can live off the Montreal series ( not even an entire playoffs) forever. Just do not understand this Chris Kelly fan club...almost like over-protective delusional parents that cannot see their kid as anything other than something special. Funny how Kelly's parents in Ottawa let such a PRODIGY go for so little.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Whats Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
I think we're on the same team here. I appreciate Kelly scoring some clutch goals in the playoffs last season, but I'll pass on bringing him back for 2012-2013, especially if he's expecting a raise for that 15 game tear he went on earlier this season. He's pretty much been the Chris Kelly we all thought we were getting last season for the last two months.
Yes, I believe we both to have a more refined and superior judgement in the department of player evaluation. Unfortunately there are too few of us. You sir have my respect...of which very few do.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:17 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Right.

Try Ryder himself.
How quickly we forget the last two years he spent here, with regular threads starting aimed at Chia to move this guy`s arse anywhere, just get him outta here, now he`s someone that this team misses??

He contributed, EVERYONE did, not one player in that dressing room (yes, even Kabby) did at least one thing that had they not, the team wouldn`t have won.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I get ya, BP. Believe me I do.

Everyone, EVERYONE on this team had a role to play, and had to step up at some point in order for them to win. More so than any championship team in recent memory. You can go right down the roster straight down to Paille, even Thornton. Subtract any contributions at any point, and we lose (eg. McQuaid's pinch, Lucic's pass, even Ference's finger, Thornton's presence). Ryder was paid 4mil, he was paid 4mil specifically to score goals, and especially in the playoffs. Until we acquired Horton, and out of dire need, Ryder was the one guy paid for that sole purpose.

However, Ryder also stands out as the one individual Chia openly had on the market. Even announced it to the league if I remember. Why?? He was more often than not completely MIA, blatantly lazy, and when this team couldn't buy goals. Not a GM in the NHL wanted anything to do w/ this guy, not to mention Sturm. Both contracts handcuffed PC, we were lucky to acquire Satan the year before. Were it not for Satan, a guy no one wanted, and Recchi, a guy everyone counted out. We probably don't even beat Buffalo.

Was last regular season all that different? Nope. You never knew when he'd show up. He wasn't just often absent on the score sheet, he couldn't be counted on on just a/b any front. Ryder delivered in the playoffs, would it have shocked anyone if he hadn't delivered? Nope. By then, you were accustomed to expecting next to nothing from him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, he found a way to stay switched on in Dallas, good for him, it 's a/b damn time. Did he give Chia any reason to think he wouldn't look like an idiot for inking him again? It's Ryder's own performance throughout his contract in Boston that made Chia understandably balk on re-signing him, and nothing else.

Would I like to have him now? Sure. Am I grateful for his performance on the Cup run? Eternally. Do I understand why Chia let him walk? Absolutely I do.
Very well said. So many posters wanted - DEMANDED - Ryder gone over the past couple of years. Funny how so many want him back.

I don't doubt that Chiarelli made overtures to Ryder to return on a one-year deal, keeping in mind the players he has to re-sign this coming season. And I don't blame Ryder for taking more years elsewhere.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whats Bruin View Post
Yes I know, guys like you have this innate ability to see the intangibles that can't be measured or seen by mere mortals. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I suggest you raise the bar slightly on what impresses you in a hockey player. Don't bother enlightening me as I actually realize the value of Chris Kelly. Fans have a natural tendency to overvalue their favorite teams players...I may in Seguin's case, you most definitely in Kelly's. Let's just agree to disagree over Chris Kelly.
I trust the experts. When guys like Brickley, Chiarelli, Julien and the Bruins players (not to mention Sens players) go out of their way to praise Kelly for the way he plays and what he contributes to the Bruins, I tend to believe them.

And I'm not a guy.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
How quickly we forget the last two years he spent here, with regular threads starting aimed at Chia to move this guy`s arse anywhere, just get him outta here, now he`s someone that this team misses??

He contributed, EVERYONE did, not one player in that dressing room (yes, even Kabby) did at least one thing that had they not, the team wouldn`t have won.
Same goes for Wheeler, Widemen, Stuart, Kobasew , even some want Lewis back...

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:23 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I trust the experts. When guys like Brickley, Chiarelli, Julien and the Bruins players (not to mention Sens players) go out of their way to praise Kelly for the way he plays and what he contributes to the Bruins, I tend to believe them.
Kelly's in a funk. Both he and Kretchy are fighting the puck, things aren't working, they get passes in their skates, wobbly pucks, their own passes and shots go wild, get blocked, bounce...I've seen the two of them play winning hockey enough that I have the patience to let them get out of this rut.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:29 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whats Bruin View Post
Thought...during this upcoming playoffs someone will have a puck deflect in off their butt while fighting for position in front of the net. They likely won't even see the puck as it deflects in off them. This goal will come late in a tight game 6 or game 7 of a playoff series, and then I suppose this will prove that said player is a clutch playoff performer... for the remainder of their career.

Odd, people on this board point to Krejci's value in the playoffs and how he raises his game then, yet this is not a valid enough argument on Krejci's behalf for a lot of people, but Kelly can live off the Montreal series ( not even an entire playoffs) forever. Just do not understand this Chris Kelly fan club...almost like over-protective delusional parents that cannot see their kid as anything other than something special. Funny how Kelly's parents in Ottawa let such a PRODIGY go for so little.
Nope, he is clutch because 2 playoffs ago he was a PPG player (for Ottawa) and these past playoffs he scored MULTIPLE clutch goals. You have a weird hate for Chris Kelly- I guess it is true what they say, all the negative nancy's come out of the wood work after a couple of losses.

BTW, I am not that big of a fan of Chris Kelly, I just admire what he brings to the table and I respect him for his past accomplishments in the last couple of playoffs.

Haters gonna hate I suppose.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Whats Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Nope, he is clutch because 2 playoffs ago he was a PPG player (for Ottawa) and these past playoffs he scored MULTIPLE clutch goals. You have a weird hate for Chris Kelly- I guess it is true what they say, all the negative nancy's come out of the wood work after a couple of losses.

BTW, I am not that big of a fan of Chris Kelly, I just admire what he brings to the table and I respect him for his past accomplishments in the last couple of playoffs.

Haters gonna hate I suppose.
I do not have a weird hate for Chris Kelly, just cannot get past this absurd admiration for a career 30 point forward. No opinions, unmeasured intangibles, just the facts that he is a 30 point career player. That is a fact. That's all I continually state. I never stated that he was a bad player or I disliked him, just that people and fans have a tendency to over-evaluate their teams players...and are overrating Kelly. He's an average ever day third line player...no less, no more. But this statement upsets the Chris Kelly fan club.

We cannot claim to have "two number one lines" , a "warrior in Kelly" and the talented Peverly on the third line, the "best hands down fourth line in hockey", best dman in Z and the "best clutch keeper" in Thomas and then EVER lose a game with all this going for us. Ever. Not to mention Bergeron NEVER plays a bad game. I'm a Bruins fan but all of this is at times just a little overstated and exaggerated. Just somewhat...and because I suggest one exaggeration is peoples opinion of Kelly then I have a hate on...why , because I don't fall in line with that line of thought...give me a break.

By the way ...someone PROVE our fourth line is the best in hockey...because even though I like them and feel their good ( but maybe not necessarily the best) I must have a hate on for Paille, Thornton and Campbell. Maybe people don't like hearing the truth.