HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Swiss fans book a Habs holiday

Old
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
SB164

vCash: 500
Swiss fans book a Habs holiday

I thought you guys would enjoy this story, especially our fellow Swiss fans.

So you think you’re a Canadiens fan.

Well, you’re not. At least not compared to Oliver Koller, Claudio Hofstetter and Raphael Schnyder.

On Feb. 1, the three friends arrived in Montreal from their native Switzerland and over the next 12 days they attended five Canadiens games – four at the Bell Centre and one in Toronto.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...#ixzz1mnnFOBJ4

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Price My Man Crush

And what about those traveling from Montreal to Buffalo, to Nashville, to Dallas? It's the same ...

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:39 AM
DJ Breadman

that is awesome

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
And what about those traveling from Montreal to Buffalo, to Nashville, to Dallas? It's the same ...
Canada to USA travel = Switzerland to Canada travel?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Canada to USA travel = Switzerland to Canada travel?
People still spend a lot of time to watch them, money on tickets, food, gas, etc.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I thought you guys would enjoy this story, especially our fellow Swiss fans.

So you think you’re a Canadiens fan.

Well, you’re not. At least not compared to Oliver Koller, Claudio Hofstetter and Raphael Schnyder.

On Feb. 1, the three friends arrived in Montreal from their native Switzerland and over the next 12 days they attended five Canadiens games – four at the Bell Centre and one in Toronto.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...#ixzz1mnnFOBJ4
This just goes to show that the Habs have fans virtually everywhere in the hockey-playing world.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:11 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
People still spend a lot of time to watch them, money on tickets, food, gas, etc.
Exactly my dad and I drive to Nashville to see the boys play and we drive to Buffalo and to Montreal and Toronto that **** aint cheap.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:36 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

None of you, who think driving is more of a pain in the ass than taking a flight, must fly overseas very often... And the fuel surcharge alone on international flights might even cost more than some drive from Montreal to Buffalo, or Nashville, or maybe even Dallas (unless you're driving a Hummer or something).

Just sayin'. Getting to an airport, lining up, waiting around for a couple of hours, filling out a bunch of forms, lining up, getting searched, getting drilled with a bunch of questions, taking off your clothes, and putting them back on a few times, being confined to a relatively small space for hours before going back through all that stuff again in reverse order?

I love travelling, and have travelled many parts of the world, and have to admit that it's the logistics of international flights that puts it in a separate category from jumping in a car and hitting the road... and THEN there's the cost, so yeah, kudos to these guys I guess. Lots of you guys probably really love skiing, just for example, and consider yourselves fairly well off financially... but... when was that last ski trip to Switzerland you took? Maybe some are into martial arts, but how many have hopped on a plane to Japan (that's just on the other side of an ocean, too) to see a kumite? Knowwhatimsayin'? It's not just about cost.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Did it from France three years ago. (only three games though)

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

awesome! good for them

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Daft1

Visited from Norway january 2011, got to see three games! Looking forward to returning to Montreal someday!

Daft1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

eh, call me when this guy cares.

"The family is following the Packers to every game, all season, at home and way. Scullino quit his job and the family is financing the pilgrimage with the money they made from selling their Australian home."

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/sports/14444079/...#ixzz1mq6bXEkN

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:31 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post

"The family is following the Packers to every game, all season, at home and way. Scullino quit his job and the family is financing the pilgrimage with the money they made from selling their Australian home."

now that's just retarded

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post

These people obviously have mental problems. It`s nothing to admire IMHO. The Swiss fans are cute.

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

eh, i was here when it happened and it actually went really well. if i remember right they were basically given a house, rent-free, by another packers fan and i think they actually were donated tickets for every game by fans who couldn't go (all of lambeau field's seating is season tickets, the wait list is 42 years long).

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:59 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
None of you, who think driving is more of a pain in the ass than taking a flight, must fly overseas very often... And the fuel surcharge alone on international flights might even cost more than some drive from Montreal to Buffalo, or Nashville, or maybe even Dallas (unless you're driving a Hummer or something).

Just sayin'. Getting to an airport, lining up, waiting around for a couple of hours, filling out a bunch of forms, lining up, getting searched, getting drilled with a bunch of questions, taking off your clothes, and putting them back on a few times, being confined to a relatively small space for hours before going back through all that stuff again in reverse order?

I love travelling, and have travelled many parts of the world, and have to admit that it's the logistics of international flights that puts it in a separate category from jumping in a car and hitting the road... and THEN there's the cost, so yeah, kudos to these guys I guess. Lots of you guys probably really love skiing, just for example, and consider yourselves fairly well off financially... but... when was that last ski trip to Switzerland you took? Maybe some are into martial arts, but how many have hopped on a plane to Japan (that's just on the other side of an ocean, too) to see a kumite? Knowwhatimsayin'? It's not just about cost.
Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29
Exactly my dad and I drive to Nashville to see the boys play and we drive to Buffalo and to Montreal and Toronto that **** aint cheap.
Its longer and much, much more expansive to fly Zurich-Montreal than drive from Montreal (or London in your case) to Nashville. Probably something like 1000+$ for a return flight per person. The flight is 7/8 hours, but you need to show up at the airport 3h in advance, get there then get out of the ****hole of an airport Dorval is to get to your hotel. Its much easier/cheaper when you have your car and split the fuel. I'm also willing to bet you don't spend a week or two not working when you drive to Nash, these guys had to take vacations.

I'm not saying you (or anyone here) are not as good a fan as these Swiss guys but you've got to admire their dedication to an overseas sports team.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Good post.

Its longer and much, much more expansive to fly Zurich-Montreal than drive from Montreal (or London in your case) to Nashville. Probably something like 1000+$ for a return flight per person. The flight is 7/8 hours, but you need to show up at the airport 3h in advance, get there then get out of the ****hole of an airport Dorval is to get to your hotel. Its much easier/cheaper when you have your car and split the fuel. I'm also willing to bet you don't spend a week or two not working when you drive to Nash, these guys had to take vacations.

I'm not saying you (or anyone here) are not as good a fan as these Swiss guys but you've got to admire their dedication to an overseas sports team.
Exactly what I'm sayin'.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote