HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Some of you guys need to put the shoe on the other foot.

Try to ask yourselves: what do Columbus fans want? It hasnt been a good period for Ohio sports -- Tressel, Lebron, the Indians, Cavs, Browns and Jackets always suck.

Now, you got the face of their lone NHL franchise being shopped around, and you want a King's ransom.

If I'm Howson, here's my list in order of prominence and salary management:

1) Macdonagh
2) Stepan
3) Staal
4) Del Zotto
5) Kreider
6) Erixon
7) Miller (Ohio native)
8) Macilrath
9) Anisimov
10) Dubinsky

So let's stop clowning around and think a guy with his job on the line will trade the franchise's one meal ticket for MZA, friggin Thomas, a concussed Sauer and the 30th overall pick.
As I have said earlier, if slats really wants Nash he will get him and Marc Staal will go the other way as the centerpiece. Staal is no longer an untouchable with the emergence of Mcdonagh, Del Zotto, and to an extent Girardi.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
As I have said earlier, if slats really wants Nash he will get him and Marc Staal will go the other way as the centerpiece. Staal is no longer an untouchable with the emergence of Mcdonagh, Del Zotto, and to an extent Girardi.
Look at the identity of this team. They are in NO position to deal any one of our current top 4 defenseman.

Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul. And with "Paul" being Rick Nash, we sure would be paying him.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:46 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Time is running out?
Totally agree with you.

Everyone who thinks that time is running out could not be further off the mark. The window for this team has just opened. Did anyone here honestly think the Rangers would be challenging for the #1 spot overall this year?

I sure as hell didn't. Most of us had them somewhere between 4-6 with the belief that they would challenge next year.

To this point they have proved most of us wrong. If nothing else this team has bought an extra year of contention with its play up until now.

As with all things time will eventually catch up to this group. However it sure as hell won't be this year. Or next.

When this group has one more shot...then and only then will time be running out.

Edit: Also as someone else earlier pointed out: If you wouldn't pay Nash 7.8 for the next six years via free agency you sure as hell don't do it when valuable pieces are going back the other way.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

You guys seriously think that IF there`s a deal, McD, Del Zotto, Stepan, Kreider will be included? Not a shot. Sather, Clark, Gorton, etc will not include any of those players in deal.

If we do get Nash its for something like:

Dubinsky, Thomas, McIlrath and 1st

Old
02-19-2012, 09:51 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I wasn't being childish. If you're going to discredit accomplishments like WC Gold, WC MVP, and Olympic Gold I want to know what crowning achievements you've been a part of. It's the only way I could take you seriously.
Nobody cares about the Worlds. Team USA's leading goal scorer in 2005 was Mark Parrish.

Canada wins the 2010 Gold with or without Nash.

Sorry if those two crowning achievements dont vault him to the top of my mid-season wish list.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:54 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
The Rangers have been seen, from the outset, as a favorite in the Nash sweepstakes.

They have a player the Blue Jackets have long pursued — forward Brandon Dubinsky — and several young NHL players and prospects that could entice the Jackets, even though none is a goaltender.

It’s unlikely, sources say, that the Rangers will part with young defenseman Ryan McDonagh, but Michael Del Zotto could be had, as could Boston College junior Chris Kreider, a forward.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...-subplots.html

Dubinsky wants no part of playing in Columbus. They don't want another Jeff Carter.

Someone needs to tell Aaron Portzine,McD,DZ and Kreider aren't available.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Vitto79

I think the Jackets and Rangers will do a deal................Pahlsson for Zuccarello and a late pick

Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Look at the identity of this team. They are in NO position to deal any one of our current top 4 defenseman.

Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul. And with "Paul" being Rick Nash, we sure would be paying him.
You are right, they are in No position to deal any one of our current top 4. But Marc Staal has not been in the top 4 at all this year. He was injured for a while and since coming back has yet to crack the top 4.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
The Rangers have a terrible experience with big contracts.

Look at the Riachards deal!!!

I was all for Richards just like most. He could center the first line and play the point on the power play. He was also a plus ppg player, and former conn smythe winner, he was supposed to be a lock.

Right now he's minus 1. I know he's done a lot to help the team out but the botiom line is - collectively, we've played some of our worst hockey while he's been on the ice.

Stay the **** away from big contracts!!! Build from within.
Richards is a career -73. So no, he has never been a plus player, except for his Cup-Winning year in Tampa.
You know how we refer to Cally as our best defensive forward? He's only a +2. Not that big of a difference, as they're both always hovering around the 0 mark.

Last edited by Rangers Fail: 02-19-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old
02-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Totally agree with you.

Everyone who thinks that time is running out could not be further off the mark. The window for this team has just opened. Did anyone here honestly think the Rangers would be challenging for the #1 spot overall this year?

I sure as hell didn't. Most of us had them somewhere between 4-6 with the belief that they would challenge next year.

To this point they have proved most of us wrong. If nothing else this team has bought an extra year of contention with its play up until now.

As with all things time will eventually catch up to this group. However it sure as hell won't be this year. Or next.

When this group has one more shot...then and only then will time be running out.

Edit: Also as someone else earlier pointed out: If you wouldn't pay Nash 7.8 for the next six years via free agency you sure as hell don't do it when valuable pieces are going back the other way.
Would it be wrong to get a head start then?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:02 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think the Jackets and Rangers will do a deal................Pahlsson for Zuccarello and a late pick
I actually like that trade.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:17 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Del Zotto could be had?

Where do they get this **** from.

Rangers are NOT trading Del Zotto, McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Stepan, Kreider, Miller, McIlrath/Erixon.

ESPECIALLY not for a guy with a 7.8 million cap hit.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:18 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...-subplots.html

Dubinsky wants no part of playing in Columbus. They don't want another Jeff Carter.

Someone needs to tell Aaron Portzine,McD,DZ and Kreider aren't available.
If Sather trades Del Zotto im going to riot.

Actually, if Sather makes any trade for Nash, im going too.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

yeah....to me MDZ is absolutely off limits...trading him for Nash may actually hurt our offensive numbers.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Inept offense always gives the Rangers opposition a "CHANCE" regardless a who they are...Whether it's Detroit or Columbus, as will be evident tonight..If the Rangers fail to address this at the deadline, then there's always next year as a few have pointed out..Problem being, you never really know what's in the cards next year in regards to injury etc..

Old
02-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Holy crap! This thread went 8 pages from the time I went to sleep last night until right now... about 12 hours. That's like 200 posts.

We need a freakin resolution.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
You guys seriously think that IF there`s a deal, McD, Del Zotto, Stepan, Kreider will be included? Not a shot. Sather, Clark, Gorton, etc will not include any of those players in deal.

If we do get Nash its for something like:

Dubinsky, Thomas, McIlrath and 1st
I agree with this post. None of those guys are getting dealt. Its gonna be something along the lines of what you posted maybe a little different but not much. If its not enough for Columbus than it doesnt get done. Sather isnt gonna make a trade unless its a great deal for this team.

Also just to throw it out there but what if Sather knows that the cap will go up slightly next year and that the new CBA wont affect it? Pretty sure he knows alot of what going on wouldnt make a deal like this if he knew that the new CBA would cause him to have to let his young RFA's go or force him to make a trade to shed salary.

I think if he makes this trade its because its a good deal for the team that gets done without messing with team chemistry or sending their best prospect the other way and because he knows he wont have cap troubles in the future.

Not saying I want this trade done but I just think Sather knows what hes doing and if it doesnt work out he will remedy the situation like hes done in the past. Honestly when was the last big name acquired through a trade that was a complete bust?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:25 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Holy crap! This thread went 8 pages from the time I went to sleep last night until right now... about 12 hours. That's like 200 posts.

We need a freakin resolution.
Columbus doesn't know what they are doing

Quote:
Some teams who believe they are in the mix are growing frustrated because they're not getting a clear indication from the Blue Jackets as to what it will take to move the process along.
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=388079

Old
02-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Columbus doesn't know what they are doing

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=388079
All of which gives an indication that maybe Howson doesn't want to trade Nash as much as people think.

By the way, if some other team lands Nash besides the Kings, Dean Lombardi is going to come down with a severe inferiority complex.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:30 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

That Katie Strang is a sharp one

Quote:
#NYR CBJ GM Scott Howson will be at MSG tonight for NYR vs. CBJ
https://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangES...66947319730177

When she asks a dumb question,Torts never gets mad at her.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Told by numerous NHL sources that yes BOS and CLB have spoken regarding Rick Nash but CLB wants Tuukka Rask and that's non-starter for BOS
https://twitter.com/#!/MurphysLaw74/...69639802863617

Old
02-19-2012, 10:32 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:

You do know the GM doesn't always travel with the team right?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:33 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

Setting up the play...

Old
02-19-2012, 10:34 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

LA hasn't scored a goal in two games. Two 1-0 losses. They're out a playoff spot this morning. 9th in conference. Lombardi won't remain GM if they don't make the playoffs. They can't score.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Yeah I definitely cant see Boston trading Rask. Thomas is 38 at the end of the season so Rask is their future.

Closed Thread