HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Kevin Dupont takes Shots @ Hab Fans & Montreal

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...y_was_telling/

Old
02-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Coldplay
Courage

I thought it was a decent piece tbh.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

If the team is good... everyone knows Habs fans can really get into it. So what?

Watching the Flames play in L.A. last night??

It was like a morgue.

Yawnnnnn

Old
02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I thought it was a decent piece tbh.
How do you figure that? If you took the article as him complimenting Montreal, you misread the message he was trying to convey. He finishes the article by saying Habs fans have "an innate inability to separate our love for a game from basic decency. That’s not something to go all 911 about, but it is something that tells them, and others, about themselves." Them's fighting words. At least Habs fans had a very good reason to boo Chara as he was injured. What reason did Boston fans have to boo Patches or call him a faker? What reason did they have to jeer Mason Raymond when he lay on the ice with a broken back? The article is completely stupid. He is completely closing his eyes to the fact that Bruins fans cheer opposing team injuries all the time. If he's saying Habs fans have an innate inability to separate our love for the game with basic decency, then what's the excuse for Bruins fans? At least if it's innate, we can't help ourselves.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:41 AM
SAKS AVENUE

It's sports, lines are crossed all the time. Tell Dupont to take a time machine back to the spectrum and visit with a rabid Philly crowd during the Hextall and Lindberg days. Talk about crossing lines.....
Oh poor Chara by the hair of his chinny chin chin.
Suck it long and hard! It's sports in the heat of the moment, any educated person knows Habs fans don't really wish for Zdeno to be hurt bad, but at that particular moment it's just fine to cheer "take that mother effer"

I mean really, how different is it o.k to pound Ivanans and break his orbital bone but be friends off the ice or the patches incident. I just wish Pleks shot him the finger and skated off to the bench. Apologize later and then do it again.

It's sports, It's hockey, it's fans heckling, I wish writers would stop trying to define a city by these little natural sport incidents.

Could you imagine if they could hear everything we all say during the game? They'd have me locked up for the rest of my life in prison 10X over.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:48 AM
BLONG7

Boston fans, and media looking to other fan bases to show respect???

Does anyone else see the irony? Hilarious....

Habs fans are looking for some sort of Karma/revenge vs the big Z...that's all...

Old
02-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I have no problem with that article. Yet, what about some Bruins fans? And some Philly fans? For "some" Bruins fans to have LOVE the day when their Bruins pummeled the Pyatt and the Spacek of this world, and loved seeing those guys on the ice.....what does it say about them? Frustration? Moral victories? Okay, so be it. But if it's good for them....why can't it be good for us? It doesn't make any gestures more brillant they they were. It was downright stupid. But why suddenly does Dupont feel the need to explain what Habs fans are about while he had all those Bruins fans to analyse all of these years.

So the article is fine. But it is pretty condescendant and like I said before, whether it's Bruins or Habs fans, NOBODY has any right to give the other fanbase any kind of lessons.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Extract: (... “I was disappointed,’’ added Chara, his words placed as carefully and precisely as the stitches in his chin. “[Injury] is nothing to do with sport . . . even with what happened previously with the two teams.’’...)

^^^hockey play according to Chara and Julien^^^^

--------------------

Before almost killing him (according to the surgeons who operated him), Chara was after Pacioretty: he was chasing him around during the games prior to the assault.

After the incident, Chara mentioned that he was not aware that Pacioretty was on the ice: "No. It was the faceoff and we tried to set up a play. Basically, the puck went to the other side and we were racing for the puck. I had no idea he was on the ice." – Chara

If there is ONE player that truly deserves ALL the freakin puck of the world in the face... it is him!

Heck... we are chatting about a puck in the face here: not a blade to the throat. If Chara, following a skate to the throat, fell on the ice and blood started pouring, do you really think the reaction would have been the same? Of course not: people reacted this way because it was Chara AND because it was only a freakin puck in the face.

Side note: All the Habs fans who are calling the fans who cheered "classless" should be ashamed of themselves. As for the non Canadiens fans who are doing the same thing... Montreal does not care!

Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

So if Subban takes a puck in the face in Boston what will be the fan reaction?

Dumb article.

Montreal fans are passionate but to use Chara's puck chin as the premise is dumb.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:02 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

So smug, I wrote this email to him.

No doubt Habs fans are upset they haven't won the Cup in 20 years but that's not why they booed Chara.

Bruins fans and their faithful think Charas a good guy and the Pacioretty incident was an accident, but we know better. Do you know why Chara got booed before the incident and even before their most recent playoff series? *He broke former Hab Raitis Ivanans orbital bone with a cheap shot punch while a linesmen was restraining him, the guy was never the same. *Was the most gutless thing I have ever seen from a guy his size.

Fast forward to last year and Chara had his chance at retribution by breaking some punk kids neck because he shoved him after an overtime goal. He was after him all game and the one prior. *The funniest thing I've ever heard is that it was an accident and Z says he didn't know it was him, and where he was on the ice, Norris trophy winning Zdeno Chara says this lmao. *The real telltale sign it was intentional is he didn't look back to see if he was ok. I've been watching hockey for 30 years and when there is an accident where a guy gets hurt, the offending player checks to see if the guy is ok and we saw none of that. *He skated away with guiltiest look on his face I have ever seen.

Habs fans have never cheered an injury ever, but for those like yourself to be all high and mighty and judging us for this are so hypocritical, at least Plekanec checked on Chara and apologized. *
Bruins fans booed Mason Raymond who had a broken back in Boston for no reason, now that's classy!

Old
02-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Boston fans, and media looking to other fan bases to show respect???

Does anyone else see the irony? Hilarious....

Habs fans are looking for some sort of Karma/revenge vs the big Z...that's all...
Problem is that we laughed at Bruins fans for their moral victories. We laughed at them. And now, we're looking for some. Just trying to be consequent here.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:07 AM
onice

The only thing I agree with in the article is that some of the Habs' fans showed themselves barbaric when they booed an injured Chara. Everything else in that article was a hack journalist getting on his high horse and pointing his finger at others.

Maybe he should comment about the ecstatic reaction of the Bruin fans when Bruin thugs went after smaller, non fighting players, when their fans condoned a flagrant attempt on Chara's part to injury Patches, maybe he should comment on the thuggery displayed by members of that despicable team, Lucic attacking Miller and then laughingly saying he couldn't stop, Marchand pulling a dirty hit on Salo and then lying on national TV about why he did it..

I don't condone the booing but I can understand why those fans did it. The Bruins have taken the Broadstreet Bully philosophy of the early 70s and pushed it as far as the league has stupidly allowed it to go.

The fans booing were saying to Chara, if you live by the sword, you'll die by it. It wasn't classy and it wasn't civil but it was a gut instinct reacting to how Boston players have gone goon on the league.

Maybe that journalist should write an article about thegoon hockey played by that city's team.

Last edited by onice: 02-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old
02-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Maliki2

Maybe he should look at his own team. The Bruins game was pathetic the other night when I watched it. Stanley Cup champs and there were a ton of empty seats.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Didn't bother to read the article, link didn't work on my browser. Anyway, just thinking back at the time Chara was chasing Pac all over the ice the 2 games prior to the Pac/Chara infamous chapter, makes me wanna throw up. Boston fans, reporter, players announcers can say whatever they want, screw them.

They lost their right to argue anything class/respect/injury-related issues with us after their captain hit our player a couple mm away from killing him.

Bunch of sadistic hypocrites and morons.

You almost killed one of our players, you got away with it, you won the cup. Now your whining? ****ing pathetic.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
The only thing I agree with in the article is that some of the Habs' fans showed themselves barbaric when they booed an injured Chara. Everything else in that article was a hack journalist getting on his high horse and pointing his finger at others.

Maybe he should comment about the ecstatic reaction of the Bruin fans when Bruin thugs went after smaller, non fighting players, when their fans condoned a flagrant attempt on Chara's part to injury Patches, maybe he should comment on the thuggery displayed by members of that despicable team, Lucic attacking Miller and then laughingly saying he couldn't stop, Marchand pulling a dirty hit on Salo.

I don't condoned the booing but I can understand why those fans did it. The Bruins have taken the Broadstreet Bully philosophy of the early 70s and pushed it as far as the league has stupidly allowed it.

The fans booing were saying to Chara, if you live by the sword, you'll die by it. It wasn't classy and it wasn't civil but it was a gut instinct reacting to how Boston players have gone goon on the league.
I agree with you. Blatent attempt to end someones career vs a errant puck to the face with little blood...yeah same thing.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Andy

Didn't Bruins fans cheer when Mason Raymond got injured in the finals?

Didn't Bruins fans go nuts when Marchand clipped Salo?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:17 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

He'll probably deny it.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
DiXEN8

Quote:

Didn't Bruins fans boo Hall Gill when he played his 1000th career game against them?...

Old
02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Thorn

Who is Kevin Dupont?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:36 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXEN8 View Post
Didn't Bruins fans boo Hall Gill when he played his 1000th career game against them?...
No that was against the pengs i think

Old
02-19-2012, 10:36 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Somebody should buy Dupont a dictionary because he doesn't seem to know the meaning of the words "class" or "hypocrisy".

When I went to Beantown for a game a few years back, I was sitting in a bar across from the arena and a father walks in with his 4-yr old kid sporting a Habs jersey. The "classy" Bruins fans sitting at the bar start heckling them and one guy yells out "hey buddy, I think your kid must be retahded".

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 02-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old
02-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Belso

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGD5DbljtfE

I didn't see any Boston fan jump up cheering with giant grins on their faces as Salo was lying in pain on the ice after the clipping injury. Stop making up stories...

Old
02-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I wouldn't mind seeing Dupont get hit in the face with a puck.

I think that's gonna be my standard reply for everything Bruins-related from hereon out.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
I never knew a puck to the chin could knock a person out for a little bit.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Can't read his article, I got my 24 stanley cups statuettes blocking my computer screen

Closed Thread