HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
....Also anyone care to speculate on what Tort's input on this deal might be?
I remember hearing from somewhere that Torts also has a big say. He doesn't wanna move all the home grown talent, I'd guess

Old
02-19-2012, 12:08 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
As much as we don't want to hear it, I think Nash is coming to NY
I think so too. Sather and Howson have had a great relationship going back to Edmonton.

Dubinsky, Thomas, Erixon, 1st, 2nd is what I'd give up for Nash.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I think so too. Sather and Howson have had a great relationship going back to Edmonton.

Dubinsky, Thomas, Erixon, 1st, 2nd is what I'd give up for Nash.
Why two picks? No way, we need the 2nd if we are giving up the 1st.

02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

What did Portzline say on Hockey Night last night?

I didn't get to see the whole convo.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Gaborik comes off the books in 2 years. Parise is a UFA this coming offseason. Del Zotto is a RFA this coming offseason.

If you don't move any contracts and just sign Parise it's far worse then moving contracts in a a trade for Nash.

If you can keep your top guns like Kreider while be able to land Nash you do it. Just my opinion. Also, instead having 2 playoff runs with Parise, Richards, and Gaborik with a Nash trade you can have 3 playoff runs with Richy and Gaborik. Then if you wish when Gabbys contract expires you can let him walk.

I see far more pro's than con's as long as you don't give up too many good pieces for Nash.
What? How does that make any sense? Dealing assets for a more expensive player is better than dealing none for a cheaper one? Wolski is gone after this season. We can get Parise for free and then get something else in return for any players we might need to deal a year from now depending on cap issues.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
It's the complete opposite of the first bold. Strictly signing Parise would be better in ever way shape and form.
A) Parise is just as good maybe better
B) His contract will be cheaper (It's already a win) and shorter
C) We keep the pieces like Dubs, Kreider, Erixon, picks, etc so the overall team stays better.
D) If you feel a guy like Dubs doesn't fit or his contract is just overpaid now then you trade Dubs in this draft or during the season at some point for another player and prospects or to move up in the draft, etc. With Dubs and Wolski gone there's your money for Parise. (7+ mil) and no harm is done to our chances of resigning our guys. Point is if resigning our guys is difficult with parise signed we can get a trade going for Dubs very easily but we will also have lost contracts like Drury and Wolski what is that 5 or 6 mil? 9 or 10 if you trade Dubs. If it came down to trading for Nash or signing Parise signing Parise is by FAR the better move AINEC. For me if we sign parise I have zero problem with trading Dubs or Dubs and some picks to move up in this draft for some great talent or to pick up a package of prospects and picks...the biggest reason would be of course to free cap to resign our better guys.

I don't understand how giving up important players for a larger contract AND lesser player is the better move IF we were comparing Parise signing vs Nash trading.

Good pieces will have to go for Nash I don't understand why they wouldn't.
Spot on.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:17 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Why two picks? No way, we need the 2nd if we are giving up the 1st.
Howson would be doing us a HUGE favor by letting us not give up Kreider if that's the case.

Don't get me confused, I don't want, nor am I advocating trading for Rick Nash.

I want NOTHING to do with him. This is just my ideal realistic trade for Nash without giving up Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, the core pieces.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What? How does that make any sense? Dealing assets for a more expensive player is better than dealing none for a cheaper one? Wolski is gone after this season. We can get Parise for free and then get something else in return for any players we might need to deal a year from now depending on cap issues.
I think he meant cap wise. Trading Duby + for Nash is adding $3.8 million but trading nothing and signing Parise is adding $7 million.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Daren Millard @darenmillard
Sportsnet can confirm Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke meet with Columbus GM Scott Howson this morning at a NYC hotel. Full story on snet.ca soon

Burke is a joke. His team is horrible defensively and his goaltending sucks, yet he wants Nash.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Parise on the open market won't make that much less than Nash. The thing people fail to realize is that either move means you have to trade players to make it work. Either you trade a roster player to get Nash or you trade one after signing another UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
I think he meant cap wise. Trading Duby + for Nash is adding $3.8 million but trading nothing and signing Parise is adding $7 million.
Exactly this. Meaning you still have to move someone.

In fact you end up with more cap space this summer making this deal than you do signing Parise.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Daren Millard @darenmillard
Sportsnet can confirm Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke meet with Columbus GM Scott Howson this morning at a NYC hotel. Full story on snet.ca soon

Burke is a joke. His team is horrible defensively and his goaltending sucks, yet he wants Nash.
Burke was in Vancouver yesterday so it must be serious for him to fly that distance. Nash to Leafs!

Old
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
While this is true, I would personally rather Parise as a player over Nash.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

It must suck being Howson right now.

If I'm him, I just say "eff all of you", keep Nash, and try super hard to trade Carter, Prospal, Tyutin, Vermette for prospects and picks (namely goalies and dmen)

Then, I would trade 1st overall to move a few slots down, draft Murray and just start the rebuild all over again.

I woulds seriously use every draft pick on goalies and d-men.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:28 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
I think most Ranger fans would. Hes more of a fit on this team and the way they're constructed but I dont think he will sign here. Nothing to base that off of thats just my personal opinion.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
All the Parise talk,

1. He won't make it to July 1st, he'll either resign in NJ or they'll trade his rights before, so either way you'll have to give to get...

2. Nash has maintained his elite status in the NHL playing on a below average team for his entire career, imagine what his stats could have been elsewhere?

3. Nash's salary is on par with every other inflated NHL superstar status player, and to be honest, if I had to choose between Nash and Parise, I'd take Nash, but that's just me..

Old
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Right, that's what he meant. I still disagree with it. With WW off the books we can sign Parise for only cash. If and when we need to clear cap space we would still have assets (like Dubinsky) to move and would get something in return. Obviously if Dubinsky has already been dealt for Nash we don't have him to move for assets later. I don't see how holding on to your pieces for longer can be anything but good.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I think most Ranger fans would. Hes more of a fit on this team and the way they're constructed but I dont think he will sign here. Nothing to base that off of thats just my personal opinion.
He would, if he gets the money he wants. He wouldn't have to relocate himself or his family.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
bmw2004

You think Parise will refuse to sign with Rangers if he is free agent. And the reason is?

Old
02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
All the Parise talk,

1. He won't make it to July 1st, he'll either resign in NJ or they'll trade his rights before, so either way you'll have to give to get...

2. Nash has maintained his elite status in the NHL playing on a below average team for his entire career, imagine what his stats could have been elsewhere?

3. Nash's salary is on par with every other inflated NHL superstar status player, and to be honest, if I had to choose between Nash and Parise, I'd take Nash, but that's just me..
I'm not saying we will sign Parise. Simply that signing him for nothing (and less $ than Nash) would be better than signing Nash (at a higher cap hit) AND for significant pieces. And if Parise is not available that's fine too. There will be other players to go after. Personally I'd rather trade half the assets mentioned in a possible deal for Nash and get a 5M 25-30 goal scorer. Gives us more flexibility and less risk.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Nash may be paid like an elite player, but he doesn't perform like one.
And therein lies the reason why we should be avoiding this acquisition.

It's just pain.
Old
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
It's a tough call, it's possible he doesn't want to sign here. Production wise they have been close since 08-09. So if you're Sather and you have decided you need that one extra horse to get over the top do you take Nash now if you can get him forum a fair trade for your team, or do you wait and hope Parise will sign with you?

Old
02-19-2012, 12:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
And therein lies the reason why we should be avoiding this acquisition.
Exactly. The goal is to get as much value out of each player as possible. It's very hard to do when you are paying guys top dollar. Yes, I'm aware that UFAs always come at a premium...but at the end of the day you only have so many dollars to spread around, so you need to be very careful how wasteful you are with them.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:36 PM
bmw2004

I am sure Dubi is just thrilled with all the rumors around him. He will be one nervous dude tonight.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
If the Rangers are reluctant to include Kreider in the deal, they might have to include more young players currently on the roster than just Dubinsky to entice Howson.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617461

I don't think these trade proposals with Dubinsky as the only roster player and Kreider not included are going to cut it...

Old
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Burke was in Vancouver yesterday so it must be serious for him to fly that distance. Nash to Leafs!
he's a huge dummy and will mortgage their future for a big name......he did it in the Kessel deal, right now Seguin for Kessel straight up is fair but they gave up Hamilton, and other young pick when they would be better have 3 assets not 1

If he does the same here I laugh. He could even take Mason back since the Leaf Goaltending is terrible...........Schenn, Kadri, etc have to be on the board for Nash.......it will leave them basically the new CLB

Closed Thread