HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Columbus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  #1
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Calgary - Columbus


Matt Stajan



Antoine Vermette


Flames looking ideally for a body who can swap between the 2nd and 3rd line, won't fall into Sutter's doghouse. Plus, faceoffs in Calgary are equal to playing Rock, Paper, Scissors but only using Rock, sometimes Paper. He's playing very well of late, but for whatever reason Sutter refuses to play him over Tom "I wish the net was a soccer goal" Kostopolous on the 2nd line with all our injuries.

Not 100% solid on my assessment on what Columbus thinks of this, hence the attempt at the proposal but Stajan has a cap hit of 3.5mil for 2 more years after this season versus Vermette's 3 more at 3.75m. Another difference is that Stajan is only owed 2.5m during that period of time in salary.

Columbus might look for a Fisher-lite return but wonder if this may cause them to bite. Sending back a guy like Carson to balance it out is definitely viable.


Flame it, hate it, but at least attempt to reason it out.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
  #2
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Columbus is better off taking a pick then Stajan's contract

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
  #3
Hottubber
Registered User
 
Hottubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Stajan stinks. Vermette isnt having a very good season, but the return on him will b a lot better than Stajan IMO

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
  #4
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Thanks but big NO

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:49 PM
  #5
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Stajan + Carson? Stajan has a year less on his contract and makes less real dollars so that might be a factor and isn't as bad as his numbers appear as he has been playing with TKO and Jackman.

Carson is a 6/7 d-man but is young and could help columbus.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:17 PM
  #6
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Stajan + Carson? Stajan has a year less on his contract and makes less real dollars so that might be a factor and isn't as bad as his numbers appear as he has been playing with TKO and Jackman.

Carson is a 6/7 d-man but is young and could help columbus.
I don't think that would be enough. I think we would have to give up something better than Carson as a sweetener. Maybe a Joey Leach or Bill Arnold would do it.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:20 PM
  #7
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I don't think that would be enough. I think we would have to give up something better than Carson as a sweetener. Maybe a Joey Leach or Bill Arnold would do it.
Leach yes, Arnold HELL NO. Also Stajan makes less and is around for a year less he isn't worth Arnold to upgrade to Vermette

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:24 PM
  #8
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Leach yes, Arnold HELL NO. Also Stajan makes less and is around for a year less he isn't worth Arnold to upgrade to Vermette
Arnold is an OK prospect, but we have to be honest here, his upside is 3rd line center at best with 4th line being more likely. His footspeed is seriously lacking.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:27 PM
  #9
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Arnold is an OK prospect, but we have to be honest here, his upside is 3rd line center at best with 4th line being more likely. His footspeed is seriously lacking.
He has shown the ability to be a offensive play while being admittedly slower than most would like but I see him as 2/3 tweener who is a good at faceoffs we can't give up these prospects for a slightly better more overpaid version of stajan signed longer.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:40 PM
  #10
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He has shown the ability to be a offensive play while being admittedly slower than most would like but I see him as 2/3 tweener who is a good at faceoffs we can't give up these prospects for a slightly better more overpaid version of stajan signed longer.
I am not a detractor of Stajan by any means, but at this point in time Vermette is a big step up on Stajan.

As for Arnold I think his chances at being a top 6 forward in the NHL are very slim at best. I know its been a while since we had some decent prospects, but I think some are getting overvalued. Arnold is a lesser prospect than the likes of Reinhart and Ferland and they project to be 2nd liners at best.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
  #11
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
After seeing what other guys got I could see Vermette getting a 2nd and a prospect or pick.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:45 PM
  #12
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I am not a detractor of Stajan by any means, but at this point in time Vermette is a big step up on Stajan.

As for Arnold I think his chances at being a top 6 forward in the NHL are very slim at best. I know its been a while since we had some decent prospects, but I think some are getting overvalued. Arnold is a lesser prospect than the likes of Reinhart and Ferland and they project to be 2nd liners at best.
I think Vermette will be much the same won't fit into Sutter's system and we will end with much the same. Arnold's game looks to translate very well into the nhl which why I am high on him not the points. Arnold plays a big mans game and is good at screening I think he will be effective in the nhl.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:48 PM
  #13
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I think Vermette will be much the same won't fit into Sutter's system and we will end with much the same.
Faceoffs luckily, rarely will be ruined by a coach.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:55 PM
  #14
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Faceoffs luckily, rarely will be ruined by a coach.
I agree but he isn't the hard noise still player sutter likes I just don't think it would be worth Arnold that is all I am not saying I don't want him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:09 PM
  #15
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Yea. This just doesn't work for Columbus.

Vermette has intangibles.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:52 AM
  #16
Silvesta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Everyone thinks Stajan is ****, but if you actually pay to watch him in a game, he's a really solid forward that plays limited minutes. He's been solid in both ends of the ice and is good, points don't really say if he's good or not.... He only plays on the 4th line because we have/had Backlund, Cammy (Now) Jokinen Horak, you wouldn't put Stajan ahead of Cammy, Jokinen or Backlund. Come on now

Silvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
  #17
JetsCameHome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Stajan has 0 value.

JetsCameHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:31 AM
  #18
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Pretty bad for the Jackets.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.