HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Pits

Old
02-19-2012, 11:01 AM
nwpensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
So now that Ive gotten an idea of what Staal means to Pitts from a fans point of view If Kulemen were to return to a thirty goal a year player for the next two years would you guys consider a deal around him or has the ship sailed on a guy like him ?
I was always intrigued by Kulemen with Malkin connection and all. Burt with Neal now locked up for 6 more years not so much.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I was always intrigued by Kulemen with Malkin connection and all. Burt with Neal now locked up for 6 more years not so much.
Well, I think the point would be Kulemin on LW with Geno and Neal, allowing Kunitz to play with Sid/Staal.

Anyway, we all know Shero isn't trading Staal for that package. Look at what Columbus reportedly wants for Nash. That's what Shero would want for Staal. Not arguing it's fair or that he'd get it. Rather, my point is that for Shero to move Staal it would take the type of offer that makes fans of the acquiring team say in unison and with exception 'this deal makes my *** hurt'.

That said, here's a counter for Kulemin:

To Pens - Kulemin

To Leafs - 1st

Only way this works is if Burke doesn't see Kulemin as a long term top six and doesn't want to go through the new deal for a RFA hassle this summer AND if he sees a 1st as a better asset or trading chip than Kulemin. I don't know the answers there. Then again, I don't know if Shero would trade a 1st for Kulemin (although I would, for what little it's worth).

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:25 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Well, I think the point would be Kulemin on LW with Geno and Neal, allowing Kunitz to play with Sid/Staal.

Anyway, we all know Shero isn't trading Staal for that package. Look at what Columbus reportedly wants for Nash. That's what Shero would want for Staal. Not arguing it's fair or that he'd get it. Rather, my point is that for Shero to move Staal it would take the type of offer that makes fans of the acquiring team say in unison and with exception 'this deal makes my *** hurt'.

To Pens - Kulemin

To Leafs - 1st

Only way this works is if Burke doesn't see Kulemin as a long term top six and doesn't want to go through the new deal for a RFA hassle this summer AND if he sees a 1st as a better asset or trading chip than Kulemin. I don't know the answers there. Then again, I don't know if Shero would trade a 1st for Kulemin (although I would, for what little it's worth).
I get that playing on the LW would be very intriguing on that line especially moving Kunitz to Crosby line would be great. I also agree your point of not for Staal!! As for trading a #1 draft pick I immediately thought no but I would think about it. But I would like to try to get someone for Crosby's wing as well and that 1st might be better suited for something else?

But your points are good ones!!

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:

To Pens - Kulemin

To Leafs - 1st

The draft is in Pittsburgh. Ray Shero wont be trading away our 1st rounder for anything short of parise or iginla.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:40 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
The draft is in Pittsburgh. Ray Shero wont be trading away our 1st rounder for anything short of parise or iginla.
I didn't say that Shero WOULD trade the first round pick, especially with the draft being in Pittsburgh. At the same time, if Shero is willing to trade the first round pick, I suspect it will be for a younger player he can project to be in his top six for more than one or two years. If it makes his team better short term, long term, and in terms of the cap, then I think Shero would even move the 1st, even with the draft in Pittsburgh.

BTW, my point is suggesting a Kulemin for Pens 1st swap was based on the thought that Kulemin > 1st for the Pens but 1st > Kulemin for the Leafs. Perhaps the value is wrong. And, I'm definitely not a psychic when it comes to the minds of Shero and Burke. Again, it was a case where I saw the basis of a hockey trade, where the assets both teams give up have greater value to the acquiring team.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
I didn't say that Shero WOULD trade the first round pick, especially with the draft being in Pittsburgh. At the same time, if Shero is willing to trade the first round pick, I suspect it will be for a younger player he can project to be in his top six for more than one or two years. If it makes his team better short term, long term, and in terms of the cap, then I think Shero would even move the 1st, even with the draft in Pittsburgh.

BTW, my point is suggesting a Kulemin for Pens 1st swap was based on the thought that Kulemin > 1st for the Pens but 1st > Kulemin for the Leafs. Perhaps the value is wrong. And, I'm definitely not a psychic when it comes to the minds of Shero and Burke. Again, it was a case where I saw the basis of a hockey trade, where the assets both teams give up have greater value to the acquiring team.
If Pitts is willing to give up a 1st for Kulemin than the Habs will jump in and offer you Kost and all the Pens have to add is a prospect.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote